Sign in to follow this  
NGONGE

When the Imam goes missing, nobody prays!

NGONGE   

Ever since the new president for Somalia has been elected there has been a marked silence in Somali news. Nothing is exaggerated and magnified like it used to. No news item is dissected, pored over or discussed in the usual old detail. Nobody seems to be interested anymore!

I am sure there are lots of good things taking place in Somalia today. I am sure there is amazing progress happening. I am sure there are interesting developments to know about. Alas, not much is being reported. Not much is being publicised and hardly any is being shared.

It seems to me that Somalia is Puntland and Puntland is Somalia. So, when the Imam is silent, nobody else seems to be talking (not even Somaliland).

What gives? Why the sudden silence? And don’t Hassan Sheikh’s supporters have the same abilities or knowhow as the Puntlanders? Do they really need the Imam to be causing waves for them to wake up and list their achievements?

Hassan Sheikh needs to cease the moment (and the silence of the Imam) to cement his own authority and achievements in Somali minds.

Do you agree? :D

Haatu   

The Imam is keeping silent while he slowly turns P/land into a police state. Culusow has picked up Sharif's habit of flying to a new country every week and Siilaanyo is boring. So what's there to report? :D

NGONGE   

^^ Yes. But if the Imam decides to throw one comment in Xamar's way I bet you that this section (and other news sites) will be alive with speculation, arguments and counter arguments. :D

Carafaat   

Indeed Xassan Sheick needs to seize the moment to entertain the crowds after all he is one of the main actors in the political theater.

Illyria   

He is a novice, and will need a few more years to learn the ropes. remember Shariif it tooks him close to 3 years to get the hang of it.

Illyria   

Give credit where it is due. in the last days of his presidency he was begining to playing ball, not like a pro, but play nonethelss.

Carafaat   

Sxb the mans political career was drowning, it was desperation what you saw. Hardly the player he should have been after 4 years in office.

Abwaan   

I am glad there is no buunbuunis. Wixii qabsooma way qabsoomeen cid qarin kartana ma leh, wax aan qabsoominna ka sheekaynteedu waa waalli....hebel baa neefsaday, oo heblaayo Oxygen u karoosay ha iga harto. Ma haddaad Duke iyo wixii uu meelaha ku qori jirey u xiisteen? Waaba ka nasannay.:D

Perhaps it has less to do with the man himself and the nature of Somalis. We enjoy discussing the 'war', or the latest bombing, or latest scandal in the government more so than we enjoy conversing about the latest humanitarian developments or the new beach side restaurant opened in Lido. I would say the President, not necessarily due to his own merit, is governing during a time that falls under the latter climate of development and progress rather than the former one of war and instability, which is a much more popular discussion subject

NGONGE   

^^ Not true. Somalis also enjoy boasting about things they've done and progress made. Sadly, every Somali president seems to be happy to report progress to the International Community (and various donors) than to his own people. Abwaan's "wixi qabsoomay" drivel misses the whole point.