Sign in to follow this  
somalee

First book you ever read :-)

Apophis;907945 wrote:
seriously?? That was from your uni room?? No wonder you're depressed.

That room is too damn clean to have seen any fun lool

from my family house. i use to live at home, you see. LOL

WTF@depressed.... in case you're referring to last night's slip of the keyboard. i made that up. LOL

weird choice but dad offered it to me in August 1991 as me and the elder have been circumcised:

8377571794_dbc4997358.jpg

the 1st serious one apart from dabbling into habo IT book back in around 1990 (was curious, she brought me to the bank: this child is a prodigy lol) or our mini lib, children storybooks, arabic items etc was this (shocking read, went for the part 2, both "borrowed" from the elder she maternal cousin lol):

8376526541_f17c9ce07f.jpg

Godfather, Mario Puzo, under the covers - went to a Fundamentalist Xtian school (don't get any ideas, I ain't one) and it was banned coz it had some racy parts, the school chaplain did not consider it a "wholesome read"...remember the wedding scene where a certain someone goes upstairs for some serious business...Ok am exaggerating, but your parents would be called and all for reading such naughty books...

somalee   

Alpha Blondy;907917 wrote:
i think it was Aladdin and one of his adventures but the first proper book i read was called mercedes ice. i didn't get into reading until 18ish. i love biographies of dictators and political leaders. whilst in uni i developed a taste for reading abstract theories and stuff lol.

40332_429221259249_4228897_n.jpg

my old bookshelf. they've probably burnt it by now LOL

I loved Aladdin and the Arabian tales. I particularly enjoyed stories of 'Sinbad The Sailor'.

Nin-Yaaban;908048 wrote:
Buugii ugu horeeyey oo aan akhriyo wuxuu ahaa...Somali. Englishka akhrintiisa waxaan kubilaabay Nairobi, Kenya.

FLIGHT 13 generation miya sxb? LOL

Abwaan   

Xasuustayda markaan ku noqdo waxaan is leeyahay Kitaabka qur'aanka ayaa iigu horreeyey. Alxamdulillaah anigu kaam qaxooti kuma dhalan amase iskama dhigayo inaan ku dhashay.:D

nuune   

Kaam qaxooti inaad soo hadal qaadaba ma ahan maadaama aan isla nahey circa early 1973gii dhallinyaradii loogu direy baadiyaha iyo tuulooyinka si ay u baraan Afka Soomaaliga muwaadiniintii u gaajeysnaa Afkooda qoristiisa iyo akhrintiisaba, kolleey meela fog lagaama tuurin sideyda oo kale,it was such an experience though.

Ps: The topic is about reading Harry Pooter books and similar, iyo sheeka baraleey kale

Malika   

Apart from comics and fairy tales - the story that made a profound impact as a reader of 10 was Anne Frank's diary - I even remember where I was sitting that day - I loved books as a child, so cant really pin point my first book...I was reading all the time.

nuune   

^^Alla maxaa nerds meesha ka buuxa, adina ma ku jirtaa kuwaan waalan reading books at 10 and 5 iyo 7, what, where was your childhood adventures, mise qol aa ku xirneedeen oo kolba buug cusub la idiin dhiibi jirey

Malika   

^Loool@nerd - I did have adventure [ stealing mango from gated houses, being chased by dogs or mad indians etc etc] , dee I wasnt the type that had siesta, so intee kuwi kale laa jifinaayo, I sneaked books in bed..