Sign in to follow this  
Caano_Geel

Mogadishu The Capital of All Somalis?

war most of the yemenis can't even speak proper somali. Kuwaas they left in the 91 yemens former president abdalla salax sent them an airplane they aint coming back the only somali arabs who stayed were the moorshe,dhabarweyne,bandhabow folks kuwaas somalia is their only home sida anako kale

Odey;907752 wrote:
This is a Valid question that needs a great deal of soul searching especially by the Communities that make up the majority in Mogadishu. Ideally as the capital city of Somalia ,anyone, provided he/she is a Somali citizen has a right to be elected as the Mayor of Mogadishu. Sadly though the issues that our country went through the past 20 years and the ignorance that has taken hold means that such an endeavor may not be possible today. Change
MUST
take place, however real change can only come from within.

I believe a good education via all the Mediums such as TV, Radio etc where debates are held in which this point is made clear to the locals and their responsibilities as hosts to the Nation is drummed into them will in my view create such an atmosphere. Educating them is the key. We have to roll back the tide of Ignorance.

I guess the same could be said for the rest of the country. People everywhere should be educated on the right of a citizen to live, work anywhere in the country with his/her rights protected. This is not a short term plan.

i agree.

the system they have in south africa is good example worthy of emulating. 3 different cities with each serving a particular function.

eg.

1. X1 - executive and internal security agencies

2. X2 - legislative

3. X3 - judicial function - islamic courts - xeer laws and the guurti could be housed there permanent so they don't cause tribal issues for the rest of us!

4. X4 - cultural city - construction of a new iconic modern city that serves a symbolic function. X4 with its literary fairs, film festivals, jazz bars, museums, technology parks would be home to a new elite that could catapult Somalis back into the international arena.

5. X5 - industrial city - etc

6. X5 - Free Zone Area city - etc

7. X100 - Energy city - like Houston of the US.

there's a purpose for all so WHY get upset over your city being neglected. damn you Somalis.

sparsity of cities would ensure NO single clan controls ALL, once in POWER. this would also encourage diversity of people and the development of the periphery. everything being concentrated within the core and its metropolitan area is NOT conducive to maintaining long term stability.

a policy of demographic control (not culling people), distribution and social groups could provide long term stability and prosperity.

Xaaji Xunjuf;907851 wrote:
Mogadisho is the capital of Somalia but it also belongs to beesha Unuka weyne.

and to think the UNDP was thinking of returning properties to former settlers. ridicolous! LOL

Xaaji Xunjuf;907948 wrote:
Why not change the capital to Garowe than the Unukas will be happy the puntians will be happy problem solved.

why not construction a new city?

abuja (nigera), astana (kazakhstan) naypyidaw (myanmar known in the west as burma) are ALL new.

Alpha Blondy;907950 wrote:
why not construction a new city?

abuja (nigera), astana (kazakhstan) naypyidaw (myanmar known in the west as burma) are ALL new.

Adeer waxa lacag looma hayo, meesha ma Somaliland baad mooday

Xaaji Xunjuf;907951 wrote:
Adeer waxa lacag looma hayo, meesha ma Somaliland baad mooday

LOL@XX,

of course its NOT Somaliland but our southern neighbouring country needs our maskax. all this will be built by Somaliland construction companies. 14,000 new jobs created. and these people do have money esp beesha unuka weyne.

Beesha Unuka weyne waxa ka lacag badan the Pirate Puntians oo bada isbaaro dhigtay ,, garowe hada caasimada laga dhigo garowe wanu dhisayana adigu shirkadaha dhismahayasa meesha geyn kara oo shaqo abuuri kara. Eeg garowe hada wa tuulo hada caasimad laga dhigo. Beesha unuka weyne wa happy. Puntianskuna wa happy. Somaliland na wa happy Kenya na wa happy cid walba wa happy

So far only two forumers understood my point...these are Odey and Waranle Warriors

All I meant if Mogadishu is the Capital of Somalis then it should be equal to all the somali citizens with equal opportunities when it comes jobs and other positions....But.... big but......if you say Mogadishu is only for Mogadishians then force other Somalis claim Mogadishu as their national capital.

And for the other cities towns in Somalia they all belongs to one or two/three particular clans, simply their cities towns are not capital of Somalis but rather capital of a particular clans... Markaa lama bar-bar dhigi karo Mogadishu.

Somalia   

Mogadishu belongs to ultra lightweight neo-HAG sympathizers like Oba, and I think it is best it should stay that way. Personally I am more concerned about the theft of properties which has gone on for the past 20 years.