Sign in to follow this  
SayidSomal

Failed French! (France confirms failed Somali hostage rescue)

Aljazeera – 22 minutes ago

A French hostage kidnapped in Somalia has been killed during a failed rescue operation, the French defence ministry says.

Two French soldiers were also killed during the raid, a defence ministry statement released on Saturday, said. The hostage was reportedly a French special forces officer, who goes by the pseudonym "Denis".

Additionally 17 Somali fighters were also killed in the fighting between French forces and al-Shabab rebel fighters in southern Somalia.

"Faced with the instransigence of the terrorists, who refused to negotiate for three and and half years and who were holding Denis Allex in inhumane conditions, an operation was planned and carried out," said the ministry.

"During the assault, violent combat took place. Denis Allex was killed by his captors."

Al-Shabab confirmed that the clash had taken place.

"Mujahideen fighters defeated the so-called commandos of the French government who tried to rescue a hostage, and they [the commandos] left the bodies of several of their own at the site of the attack," Sheikh Mohamed Abdallah, a local military commander, told the AFP news agency.

Abdallah is the commander of Bulomarer, where the raid allegedly took place. French authorities could not be reached for comment.

Allex was kidnapped in Somalia in July 2009, along with a colleague who was freed the following month.

Awal maanso waataan gudboo, gudhiyey waayaaye

Waataan galbeedkaas u diray, guga hortiisiiye

Aan gasheeyo tii xalay hurdada, gama'a ii diiday

Galladaha Illaahay ka badan, geedahaas baxaye

Guushuu inoo yeelay baan, idin garwaaqsiine

Guddiyey i maqal waxaa tihiin, gacaladaydiiye

Najiskii gurta xumaa hadduu, shalayto geeryooday

Godka lagu cadaabkii haddaan, gawrac ugu jiiday

Uu guduri cunay waa waxay, galabsanaayeene

Dhurwaagii ka giigaan u diri, gacan salaameede

Isagay gargaaroo dugaag, iiga goonniyahe

Haddaan garan gunaan siin lahaa, gooriyo ayaane

Gandal-dheere waataan wax badan, guuyaduu madhaye

Gef hadduu ku sii daray wixii, lagu gufeynaayey

Anigu wow garaad qabay inuu, gigi waraabuuye

Giriirixis aan jirin waa wixii, gaabshay oo rogaye

Gaaleyska waataan la dhacay, gucurradoodiiye

haddeynan abaal gadin sidaa, uma gadoodneene

Godolkiyo kasnaantaan u qabay, kama galgaaleene

Kumana gaagexeen abid hadday, nabad ku goohaane

Waxse mowd ku gaardiyey markay, ganafka taageene

English translation

To begin with, I had neglected poetry and had let it dry up

I had sent it west in the beginning of the spring rains.

But let me set forth what prevented me from sleeping last night

God's Blessing are more numerous than those growing trees.

I will remind you of the victory he gave us

Listen to me my council, for you are most dear to me

If the unwashed left handed one had died yesterday,

if I had cut his throat- may he taste hell in the grave itself

And the wild animals had eaten him, he and his ilk would deserve this

I would salute the hyena that would gorge itself on his flesh,as it's doing me a favor, it is dearer to me than any other animal of the wild.

If could I would reward it every day

That deformed one wasted a lot of my wealth

since he kept committing wrongs again and again

I knew all along that the hyena would devour him

It was their insincere refusal to acknowledge the truth that put them down and destroyed them

And made me attack their best man with a Dagger

If they had not become ungrateful, I would have not become enraged with them

I would have not lost my generosity and respect for them

I would have not have withheld anything from them, if they desired peace

But when they acted disdainfully, death marched straight at them

Another Botched French Rescue Operation

Bula-Marer (12/01/2013) - At around 0200 hours Saturday morning five French helicopters attacked a location in the town of Bula-Marer, around 30 km South of Marka in the Islamic Administration of Lower Shabeelle, in a botched rescue attempt aimed at releasing the French hostage Dennis Allex.

In a battle that lasted for about 45 minutes, the Mujahideen have, with the blessing of Allah alone, successfully foiled the attack and, after a fierce firefight, managed to repel the French forces that took part in the operation that was inevitably doomed to fail.

The helicopters attacked a house in Bula-Marer upon the assumption that Dennis Allex was being held at that location, but owing to a fatal intelligence blunder, the rescue mission turned disastrously wrong. Several French soldiers were killed in the battle and many more were injured before they fled from the scene of battle, leaving behind some military paraphernalia and even one of their comrades on the ground. The injured French soldier is now in the custody of the Mujahideen and Allex still remains safe and far from the location of the battle.

Despite the numerous warnings by the Mujahideen leaders, most recently Sheikh Mus’ab Abdul Wadud, that any attempt to forcibly rescue French hostages would result in disaster, yet Francois Hollande’s government heedlessly continues to plough on with the reckless policies of its predecessor.

The series of failed rescue attempts carried out by the French forces not only epitomise the French government’s distinct imprudence when it comes to dealing with hostages, but also clearly highlights its recurrent policy of continued disregard for the lives of its citizens. And instead of rescuing them, such ill-advised operations only further imperil the lives of the hostages. And in the end, it will be the French citizens who will inevitably taste the bitter consequences of their government’s devil-may-care attitude towards hostages.

As a response to this botched rescue operation by the French forces, Harakat Al-Shabaab Al-Mujahideen assures the French people that it will give its final verdict regarding the fate of Dennis Allex within two days.

Press Office

Harakat Al-Shabaab Al-Mujahideen

Two French soldiers and a French hostage have been killed during a failed operation to free him in Somalia, the defence ministry says.

Commandos backed by helicopters reportedly swooped on the southern town of Bulo Marer during the night, targeting al-Shabab militants.

According to the defence ministry, the hostage was killed by his captors.

The raid in east Africa came hours after French troops intervened in the west African state of Mali.

The French military named the hostage as Denis Allex, who was kidnapped in Somalia in July 2009 along with a colleague, freed the following month.

France was "engaged in a merciless fight against terrorism wherever it is found", Defence Minister Jean-Yves Le Drian told reporters in Paris.

It seems likely that the operation was linked to the intervention in Mali, the BBC's Hugh Schofield reports from Paris.

The French government knew well the intervention would have dangerous implications for the nine French hostages being held across northern Africa, our correspondent says.

READ MORE: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-20996963

Che -Guevara;907393 wrote:
Let mourners grief in peace Sayid, sad day for some solers.

Huh?

Wixii muslimiin iyo masaakin ah oo la dilay - Alle ha u naxariisto, una dembi dhaafo

Wixii kale; Iyagaa jiitay oo dunida joogayne - Jahanama la geeyasha yaan loo jixiinjixin

Thats my two cents!

oba hiloowlow;907396 wrote:
LOOOOL i actually support the mujaahediins in this.

Allahayoow Ferenjigii muxuu, na/cas fariideeyey

Faa'iido laawiyo muxuu nin ragga, feyl ka wada yeedhshay

Nimaan aabihiis fuuli jirin, faras muxuu saaray

:D

oba hiloowlow;907388 wrote:
a desperate operation

They must have confused Somali with Mali!

It looks to me Some-Mali thaught them the difference.

xabad   

RIP to those french special forces guy and of course the hostage. why are some people on here trying to glorify the al-shabaab hostage takers invoking sayid m'd abdulle. thoughtless !