Sign in to follow this  
Xaaji Xunjuf

National identity VS tribal identity

Xaaji Xunjuf;906427 wrote:
lol@ Xiinfaniin Somaliland is a national identity walo dhasha Somaliland either you are one or you are not.

The O community are my people the days we used to fight over water wells and camels is over its 2013 waryaa wakthiga la soco.

Only if the political narrative that you constantly feed on which informs your views would allow you to move on and accept 2013 reality .

Tallaabo   

If Somalis were normal people their allegiance would be in this order: Islam-family-the Somali nation i.e. the whole ethnic group in the Horn of Africa-clan. But of course they are not normal.

Tallaabo   

^^ I disagree. It is in this order:

1. My sub-sub-sub clan

2. My sub-sub clan

3. My sub clan

4. My clan

5. My religion

6. My country

I think Somalis care more about their bigger clan and than later their sub sub clan i also think they put religion before country and put religion before their clan.

Carafaat   

Xaaji Xunjuf;906938 wrote:
I think Somalis care more about their bigger clan and than later their sub sub clan i also think they put religion before country and put religion before their clan.

Depends in which context. In my village its my family agaist those annoying neighbours(cousins).

Tallaabo   

^ No you are wrong again Mr XX. Try to kill our resident atheist high priest Apophis in the name of Islam and see what his clan does to you:D

When the clan is threatened by another bigger clan or sometimes an entire tribe than the clan will unite his other sub clans. We have seen it in Somalia. The galmudug and xx clan were united against the unuka clan on the leadersip of Mogadisho. But when the entire HAG nation was under threat by General Siyad bare they united.

Carafaat   

Tallaabo;906943 wrote:
^ No you are wrong again Mr XX. Try to kill our resident atheist high priest Apophis in the name of Islam and see what his clan does to you:D

:D touche.

That was for carafaat actually

But i still think somalis will but religion before tribe also what if his tribesmen murdered him and eventHough i have no right to kill apohis according to islam.

So if tribe comes before religion than the fundamental union Somaliland had with Somalia is irrelevant in modern time. Since the most significant argument people had was that we are the same religion. But if tribe comes before religion than there is a big gap between the 2 countries.