Sign in to follow this  
United Somalia

Gen Daud was poisoned by the Italians and Abdirashid Ali Shermarke family

217901_10100251699310000_1559676509_n.jp

Hirsi was born in 1925 in the town of Mareeg situated in central Somalia. He later joined the military, and eventually rose to the rank of Commander-in-Chief of the Somali National Army (Ciidamadda Xoogga Dalka Soomaaliyeed), the first position of its kind. Following Somalia's independence in 1960, Hirsi became Minister of Defence in the country's new civilian administration.

Hirsi was poisoned shortly thereafter in 1965 in Moscow, Russia. Several primary and secondary schools in addition to a main street in Mogadishu, the nation's capital, are named after him. The Cup of General Daud, an annual football competition in Somalia, is also titled in his honor. Hirsi was well known for his family who were indeed very close to him.The most famous of his siblings being Mu'mina Abdulle Hersi who was very well known in the city of Mareeg. Hirsi helped develop Somalia into a stable country and that also led to praise by then president Aden Abdullah Osman.

General Daud was born in town of Mareeg in Ceel-dheer district 1924. He was born to a religious and loving family. He grew up in the country among the pastoralist. In his youth he was known to be athletic and participate in long distance running. He began his education in the local madras learning the holy quran, where he excelled and become a kabiir (senior). As a young man he moved to Bullo Barde and was employed in the local colonial office. As a young soldier he participated in the Italian invasion of Abyssinia, where he discovered the vast Somali territory beyond the republic. On his return in 1954 he was promoted to Lieutenant in the police force, contributing greatly to the development of the Somali military. Upon development of the Somali Defense Forces, he was promoted to first General and Commander and Chief of all military service branches. He is known as the father of Modern Somali Military and worked tirelessly to further the cause of the forces. General Daud died in 1965 Moscow, Russia during military training. He was mourned by entire Somali nation and particularly the military that he created. Siad Barre the president of Somalia at time upon hearing the loss of General daud, said “The Somali Military, today lost its father”. His colleagues referred to him as staunch nationalist, a true hero of the Somali nation, who never faltered in his duty and cause. To this day he retains the respect of all Somali Military Personnel

Ismahaan   

I don`t know anything, you don`t know anything, but Allah knows.

General Daud and Abdirashid Ali sharmarke AUN were Somali national heroes, so please let them rest in peace.

Odey   

According to this deranged individual and to quote this article he posted "upon development of the Somali Defense Forces, he was promoted to first General and Commander and Chief of all military service branches. He is known as the father of Modern Somali Military and worked tirelessly to further the cause of the forces. General Daud died in 1965 Moscow, Russia during military training."

I guess the late President of Somalia who at the time of General Daud's Death was not even president had such far reaching powers that he could murder someone in the Soviet Union?. Puh Lease! This is so lame and so obvious in it's intent that I am amazed the Admin even lets such trash on the forum!

Wadani   

U seee, this right here is the problem we somalis have. Someone makes an outrageous claim that tarnishes the name of a well known family without providing a shred of evidence, and the only people who speak up against it r fellow clansmen/women of the accused family. Y aren't other sOlers just as outraged....both these men were national hero's right? And I wonder, would the posters above me come to the defense of general daud if the tables were turned?

Odey   

Wadani;904558 wrote:
U seee, this right here is the problem we somalis have. Someone makes an outrageous claim that tarnishes the name of a well known family without providing a shred of evidence, and the only people who speak up against it r fellow clansmen/women of the accused family. Y aren't other sOlers just as outraged....both these men were national hero's right? And I wonder, would the posters above me come to the defense of general daud if the tables were turned?

To answer your question- Yes, I would leap to the defense of General Daud anytime any day, why,... he was a national Hero and for the record I am not the same clan as President Abdirishid Ali Sharmaarke, if anything I share lineage with the late General.

Odey   

Wadani;904560 wrote:
And u know what odey, im glad I was wrong. May ur kind multiply and prosper.

Amin brother, amin!