Sign in to follow this  
Alpha Blondy

Alpha's Garden: A Development in Progress

NGONGE   

^^ :D Not that kind of weed, saaxib. I'm talking about geedaha cidlada ka soo baxa.

nuune,

I think I asked Jb about that once. They need a proper florist in SL but neither Alpha nor Ibti are game.

KEY NOTES FOR FEB 2013

last month.... i once again.... invested quite a lot of time into the garden.......

BLOCK 3 has been planted with 3 new plants. this includes two new plants and a small plant moved from BLOCK 14.

BLOCK 5A has been planted with a new 'rare' plant. Mohamed, my friend and fellow gardening buddy was able to source from his friends house...

BLOCK's 7, 12 and 15 have been planted with a beautiful flower plant. i first saw these flower plants, which were fully grown at my friend's garden. i was able to obtain 3 small plants from him...

BLOCK 8.5 was planted with a new slightly bigger but similar plant. these plants smell beautiful and apparently have medicinal benefits.

BLOCK 11 was planted with a new excellent looking flower plant but the harsh sun dealt a severe blow to its growth....i've since, replanted it, with better quality soil and in a plastic container. the plastic container, which was a plastic drinking bottle, was cut at the bottom to ensure the root grows naturally into the ground. BLOCK 11 was also planted with a smaller plant removed from BLOCK 14.

BLOCK 15 was planted with two new 'khaki' type looking plants but unfortunately one was uprooted after failing to grow. the other plant is making slowly progress mashallah.

BLOCK's 12, 14, 9, 8.5, 8, 7 were unfortunately attacked by a goat on the 28th of FEB. if you look at the pink flower in BLOCK 9, you could see the damage sustained.

Additional Notes

i purchased new soil fertiliser around the 15th of feb....this has made a big difference to BLOCKS 8 and BLOCK 15. they are growing very fast..mashallah..

i commissioned the entire garden to be sprayed with insecticide. i've yet to see its effects.

nuune   

Ngonge, I see, forget about those 3, how about we import a florist into the country, maybe one from India or Philipine, they would do a good job, we can get one or two florist with qualifications, you know, we just need a good spot away from the city crowd, and good xayeysiis, this Alpha waa hopeless, even waxan uu dhoobey he can sell it and make it a trousits attraction, you know how Somali people like anything to do with Ubax, the amount of ubax songs iyo beerta you can imagine, one of them, ubaxii waddankoow, another one, ubax soo baxey baad tahey, another one, ubaxoo udgoon, another one war waa endless, expected customers as usual would be middle aged people, but also old people could use it and special alotment would be given to them, yacni free pass when they bring a family member oo midle aged ah oo can pay asset.php?fid=14&uid=3017&d=1313069411

nuune;923812 wrote:
That looks to me more of Khat harvesting season, are you sure it is not khat, but I do admire your creativity ont he gardening, you have a good taste on women.

LOOL@Nuunooow,

its very clear this isn't khat.....what are you insinuating inaadeerooow?

sxb, this little garden is excellent for passing time. it's also quite useful in maintaining an active lifestyle. i'm really enjoying it. i'm quite proud of it too...ruunti.....:D

kulaaha..........you have a good taste on women. i think i've demonstrated my readiness to look after a woman now.......i guess, if you can develop an excellent personal garden, you certainly have the skills to look after a woman....ma istidhi? :D:p

NGONGE;923816 wrote:
Blocks 1,3,11,13 and 14 looks like weeds, saaxib.
:D

LOOOOOOOOOOL

i don't know the names of these plants but its NOT weeds....its grows quite fast.....and it has spouted some flowers...

nuune;923822 wrote:
^^ lool you might not be familiar with Khat types, but khat when growing is just like that, anagaa ku takhasusney dee

Alpha
, why not start a gardening business in Somaliland, the promising thing about this is the low cost investment, and the margins are explosive.

Possible business ideas on gardening:

- Sell gardening tools and products to the public, businesses

- Run training sessions for gardening design

- Courtyard design

- Hydroponic landscaping, you could actually charge clients on a monthly service fee for maintaining etc

- Sellign garden plants

- Tourism garden, where tourists tour your garden and enjoy the scenary and beautiful design, you can charge them by the minute or hourly, or daily pass, or family pack ticket, I am recommedning you to look into this and call it Beerta Nasashada not Beerta Naasaha, ha isku khaldin the two

Nuune,

this small garden is for my personal consumption ONLY....its not yet open to the general public. laakin, i never hesitate to remind my close and personal friends of highest calibre of its beauty and the incredible amount of work that goes into sustaining its development. mind you, this is not my first attempt at gardening, here in SL. when i was at the UoH teacher's house, i bought some types, quality soil and some beautiful baby flowers. in those days of my SL adventure, i spent hours working on it and also staring at its beauty..... it purposely filled a deep void within the inner section of my being. i had to leave the house in Ramadan 2011 but not before, the landlord congratulated me, for my efforts. he was a keen gardener too. :D

people in SL love plants of all sorts and colours. almost all the houses have small gardens. the bigger houses have beautiful gardens. i've seen so many beautiful gardens...ruunti. i'm quite sure....there is an ample need for a B&Q or a Homebase, but the market is currently controlled by oromos, who NOT procure the plants/flowers on demand but who'll also maintain the gardens for very little money. i've had some assistance by one such oromo guy. he's very useful and has helped to develop Al's garden. unfortunately, however, not all people, have an obsession with such lofty recreations like Al. ...... most people just want to see beautiful well maintained gardens but they do very little in the way of its development. for me, its more about the process than the end product or indeed the aesthetics of a well maintained garden....to know, that, i've personally, spent many hours and effort into its development is very satisfying. :D

Maarodi   

Nice project. I would only add that you start a compost in a corner and give your soil some much needed nutrition. It looked malnourished in the earlier pictures.

Maqane   

Alpha Blondy;928017 wrote:
487544_10151494253124250_1451905519_n.jp

appetiser to what's ahead for April 2013.

Alpha nice garden walaal, make your garden look like Beeraha Jamaame :D

Abbaas;929426 wrote:
Alpha nice garden walaal, make your garden look like Beeraha Jamaame

Maarodi;928499 wrote:
Nice project. I would only add that you start a
in a corner and give your soil some much needed nutrition. It looked malnourished in the earlier pictures.

Abbas and Maarodi,

thanks for the hambalyo's. in honour of these positive comments, i'll name some flowers after y'all.

April's updates are not too long away, now. i'm so excited :P. this month, there's been so many changes.....:D

Maqane   

Alpha Blondy;929455 wrote:
Abbas and Maarodi,

thanks for the hambalyo's. in honour of these positive comments,
i'll name some flowers after y'all.

April's updates are not too long away, now. i'm so excited
:P
. this month, there's been so many changes.....

Soo daa Magacyada :cool: i can't wait LOL

Btw, i can't wait to see your Canon Professional Camera and breathtaking' pictures of all over SL.. :D