Sign in to follow this  
Blessed

Women remove hijabs or make names sound more English to beat discrimination..

Haatu   

I work in a call centre where we have to do telephone surveys and I can honestly say that respondents are somewhat more willing to take part if you have an "English" name/sounding name.

D.O.C   

I have seen more pro hijab girls employed in profesional fields than westernised wanna bees. This is the difference between selling your womenhood or beauty for exchanged of money where in contarary the hijabbed lasses selling their intellectuality and talent. As they say "do not run after this world, let the world run after you....EDUCATION IS POWER AND WILL GIVE YOU EXTRA MILE!

you gotta do what you gotta do, its shame that white people will discriminate just on the bases of names. imagine all the other reasons we cant even observe as easily as sending resumes with black and white names

Malika   

^And people believe the 'equality nonsense' - waar constitutional racism is a reality. Sometimes when you talk on the phone because some of us have no 'accent' they assume your one of them - illa marke kuu arkaan, its priceless, you can see they are questioning if you are qofti la hadleyeen on the phone..lol

Safferz   

D.O.C;937830 wrote:
I have seen more pro hijab girls employed in profesional fields than westernised wanna bees.
This is the difference between selling your womenhood or beauty for exchanged of money where in contarary the hijabbed lasses selling their intellectuality and talent
. As they say "do not run after this world, let the world run after you....EDUCATION IS POWER AND WILL GIVE YOU EXTRA MILE!

lol and you can determine this from the presence or absence of a piece of cloth?

Malika;937840 wrote:
^And people believe the 'equality nonsense' - waar constitutional racism is a reality. Sometimes when you talk on the phone because some of us have no 'accent' they assume your one of them - illa marke kuu arkaan, its priceless, you can see they are questioning if you are qofti la hadleyeen on the phone..lol

"Oh I thought you were whi..." you just stare at them and say you that what?