Sign in to follow this  
Xaaji Xunjuf

Why do Somalis act

Abtigiis;897947 wrote:

If the whites don't talk to each other, we don't have to talk to each other. If they fart, we have to fart. ... And we wonder why our girls bleach themselves!?

poignant words there......they also say dhararar iyo dilo aya caad!

LOL kumaan odhan cadaan u eeko hadaad rabtiid Micheal jackson oo kale waad iska dhigi karta. Laakin cadaanku maha dad dadka isku qasba oo is maqiiqiyaa sida Somalida qaar. Somalida oo dhan maha Somalida dad badan ba ku jira dad akhlaaq iyo dabeecado wanaagsan leh oo dadka la jaan qaadi kara in the horurmarworld. Laakin miyanad la yaabin qof bina adan oo meel iska fadhiya ayaad intad iska so ag fadhisatiid baad afka la galaysa markasad dhurmaysa oo hadal aan dhamanayn ku hadlaysa si u yahay qof aad 10 sannoh taqanay cajib weye umadaha qaar.

By the way Abtigiis thinks inan dadka iskala weyneynayo that's not the point i never said i have a better job than him a better looking wife or a better car or a bigger house or more educated kids. Thats all besides the point i believe every one should be respected in their rightful little corner i also hate when people talk in mosques i tell them STFU.

Abtigiis   

Haye Xaaji, Tiinaa fiican. Anagu kuwa dadka isku maqiiqa ayaan nahay.

But seriously I am losing my temper. Xaaji, let me ask you. Maxaad tahay oo la iskaga kaa maqiiqi. Nin miskiin ah oo ku la hadlay baad ceebeeysanaysaa, oo waliba aad Somali ugu kala tiri naysaa. I tell you, that guy is just unfortunate to have met a person like you.! La isku kay maqiiqayaa kula haa? Hoho! War halkee la isla marayaa?? Widhi... Widh buu yidhi Cabdi Lugeey!

Edit- Xaaji, you do not have to say all those things for us to read your chicken mind. It is clear to all what you are if the story you posted is true and you will never expect me to respect you... Here or in real life. You are a small person. Not that you care about my respect, I know that too.

Horta i hate them somalis who tries to figure out your clan by asking tricky answers, like where in somalia are you from or who is your father and balaayo. I think xaaji did a good thing.

Abtigiis;897969 wrote:
Haye Xaaji, Tiinaa fiican. Anagu kuwa dadka isku maqiiqa ayaan nahay.

But seriously I am losing my temper. Xaaji, let me ask you. Maxaad tahay oo la iskaga kaa maqiiqi. Nin miskiin ah oo ku la hadlay baad ceebeeysanaysaa, oo waliba aad Somali ugu kala tiri naysaa. I tell you, that guy is just unfortunate to have met a person like you.! La isku kay maqiiqayaa kula haa? Hoho! War halkee la isla marayaa?? Widhi... Widh buu yidhi Cabdi Lugeey!

Edit- Xaaji, you do not have to say all those things for us to read your chicken mind. It is clear to all what you are if the story you posted is true and you will never expect me to respect you... Here or in real life. You are a small person. Not that you care about my respect, I know that too.

Abtigiis i like you no matter what you say if i saw you on the train and started talking about intellectualism with you're big glasses i sure would have listened to you:D

Apophis;897978 wrote:
I'm calm, why do you have to de-objectify the argument like that?? I hammered the same point because it was relevant in every reply. Simplify the argument. It has nothing to do with white people, being Somali or any of that nonsense. The man was peacefully standing in a platform and he was accosted by an uncouth fellow who invaded his private space and who tried to ingratiate himself in a rude manner. What did XX do? He kindly excused himself and left; many would have told, and rightly so, this crude fellow to step off. If this rudeness is part of the Somali culture then it shouldn't be defended but derided and avoided. A cliché, yes, but the old adage of
when in Rome, do as the Romans do
, would be worthwhile to remember here.

Ps: and there's nothing wrong with feeling better than other people. It's part of human nature and it cannot be denied.

Well put ninkan ba ii fahansan

Abtigiis   

Manners do not work with the mannerless!

Listen Apophis. You are interested in intellectualized argument on this matter. I am not granting you that for there is no need to do that. Do what pleases you; and I do what pleases me. I am only replying to your harangue because I take myself as an integral member of the community you are disparaging and because I do not subscribe to your overweening sense about own intelligence and enlightenment.

I hate to extend the parameters of this meaningless brawl, but how do you know the fellow is "uncouth". Xaaji did not say that, xaaji also did not say the guy asked him which clan he is from as the restless and confused kid from Mahaday suggests?!

I am not waiting for an answer from you. Please do as pleases you, but stop forcing your borrowed mannerisms down our Somali throats. Shove it in your hinds if yo want or tell how intrusion is bad to Lady Chatterly, but don't lecture me again!

Abtigiis   

Xaaji Xunjuf;897984 wrote:
Well put ninkan ba ii fahansan

War iska aamu, nina kuma fahansanee, mashaahiidiin yahow! :D

Ipad laguu iibiyey baa kaa qiimo badan hadii sheekadani run kaa tahay!!!

Abtigiis slaankasta oo xawalaay ah wu u warama oo wu ku dhura waxa lugu dhuri karo.

Apophis he was in a way but we cant really say for sure because the man isagu wu isla saxna he was thinking he was doing the right thing i think he was raised that way.

Abtigiis wa Somalida intu dadka u tago bu ku yidha ma Somali ma tihin aan idin la hadle eh faraha waan ka hadla afka waan ka hadla :D

Oba hiloowlow waxasi wax weyn maha some one asking ur qabiil anigu markaso kale gabay baan ugu sheega

Abtigiis;897895 wrote:
It is not about loving or hating talk. Nothing pleases me more than sitting in a corner somewhere obscure and wonder about this world and viccisstudes of life. Yet, if a guy appears ( of course not someone who scares you as a criminal) and says can i sit next to you, i offer and if he talks, i talk back; if i find the talk not very useful in any way, i quietly plan to wind it up and go. Of course, nearly always that is not the case. Not many foce themselves on you; and those who does often have some interesting to say.

Anigu dadka xun ee la sheegayo maba arko, nearly all the human beings I see are honestly good to me. Of course my families and friends say I am naive and i trust everybody.

Abtigiis hadaad sida tahay adiga iyo murayaadada weyn ba wala afduubi kara hadad qof walba u sheekeysid oo aad ka gurtid.But than again lacag qiimo leh lama weydisan karo hada ba lugu afduubo:D

Ibtisam   

Lol! What is the big deal.

I general feel uncomfortable talking to people- even ones I've seen around (like people you get on the bus with everyday for a year) so you know their face. I do find it strange for people to just talk to me (not asking for directions etc) but chatting. People only ever talk to me because they have a motive or they want something.

The only exception to this rule and I do make this exception for old Somalis- I love the oldies and where ever and when ever I see them- I fold my book or stop for a while and chat with them. They have the most interesting life and stories, and in them I still see a sense of purity and honesty in their eyes and speech that I dont feel with other Somalis. Their kindness makes me sad, but Im always glad I made the time for them.

I think XX objected to the fact that this guy approached him as if there was previous relation between them as individuals- based on the Somali factor. I too ignore people, particularly young farahs, what possible meaningful contribution can a farah on a train/bus/street make to my life? In fact it is rude and offensive for them to talk to me unless they are lost, need direction or something else, but not just for chatting- Just yesterday when I walked out of an airport, this farah chases after me yapping about hey sister do you want a cab Im going to town too, I didnt even look at him, just walked towards the taxi ranks- he said "war wax Ethiopian ah ayaan iska eraadey" and went back to the entrance to bother someone else. lol

XX was nice to this man- I would've just said; iska raali ahoow, and please ha ila hadalin, haadi kale wa inan ka kaco halkaan,

I don't really seek Somalis in public places unless there's reason but the ones that do approach me, I talk to them regardless. The last conversation I had with random Somali was on the train. The man told me about his life, then somehow we end up discussing gay marriage. The guy liked George for opposing gay marriage but hated for attacking Muslim countries.

p.s. Across us were two lesbians sitting and getting cozy. Somehow that didn't offend him...lool

NGONGE   

Xaaji X waa badow even though he thinks the guy that approached him was a badow. :D

I get talked to by lots of strangers all the time (Somali or otherwise). Of the ones I remember now:

- There was dear old Shamis (http://www.bwhafs.com/html/intsham.html) who sat next to me on a bus once.

- There was the Garowe guy that worked as a dishwasher in a posh hotel but was running a big business in Africa

- There was the American female doctor (not Somali) who wrote a couple of books and actually ran as a candidate for the Democratic party in 2004.

Of course, the last one I met and talked to was the wasiir on his way to start his new job in Somaliland. :D

Talking to strangers is interesting and educational.

p.s.

Ibti, the poor guy wanted to make money. I had a similar situation in Dubai earlier this year. Unlike you, I accepted his offer and just as we drove out of the airport, we were stopped by plain clothes police. He got fined. :D