Sign in to follow this  
Carafaat

Vote recount in Somaliland?

What a mess. I thought Somaliland despite their sub-clan democracy had a better voting system than the rest of Somalia. What happened to all the voter ID registration and biometric systems, what a farce. Being from Sanaag (nobody voted from my region) I'm glad we didn't participate in a fake democracy.

The NEC is to weak they cant make a decision i don't know what they are waiting for if some ballot boxes went missing fix it thats all

Homunculus the people of sanaag voted in the elections

Tallaabo   

Homunculus;897560 wrote:
What a mess. I thought Somaliland despite their sub-clan democracy had a better voting system than the rest of Somalia. What happened to all the voter ID registration and biometric systems, what a farce. Being from Sanaag (nobody voted from my region) I'm glad we didn't participate in a fake democracy.

The biometric ID card system was discarded by the government and NEC in favour of fraud and multiple voting. They are bloody ******.

Carafaat   

Tallaabo;897567 wrote:
The biometric ID card system was discarded by the government and NEC in favour of fraud and multiple voting. They are bloody ******.

I dont get it. The system may have its percentage of flaws, but using no ID card system is just ridicolous.

Tallaabo   

Carafaat;897590 wrote:
I dont get it. The system may have its percentage of flaws, but using no ID card system is just ridicolous.

Carafaatoow bal orod oo dadkaa siyaasiyiinta isku sheegaya kasoo dhaadhici ID la aan waa ridiculous.

Carafaat   

Just received a call from an Arap friend. I showed solidarity and gave him my full (clan) support to the mighty Arap, may they bring down this unholy clan coalitian of Qurmiye. :D

Tallaabo;897526 wrote:
Who are the "we hate Somalia" crowd? I have never seen them, have you General?

Yes you have leaders, such as Faisal Warrabe, Edna Adan and Siilanyu who always talk bad about Somalia, the union and the plight of the south. Then you have followers. The JB's, XX's and many others who parrot the words and actions of the above mentioned leaders..:D

Abdul   

I knew this was fake elections when they showed figures from Xudun.There wasnt a single vote cast in Xudun.Even their officials confirmed this.

Illyria   

It is unfortunate that what started as peaceful demonstrations against possible election irregularities turned into deadly violance causing bloodshed of the innocent. More disconcerting are the voter turnouts in 2012 vs. 2003, particularly Hargeya with Burco and Awdal having more voter turnouts than Hargeysa, which has twice, if not thrice more population than both, or the combination of both. What is the cause of Hargeysa voter turnout shrinking by 41% where Awdal's rose by more than 51%? Just an observation.

2012 - local election results:

Hargeysa - 85,356

Togdheer - 129,397

Awdal - 129,397

2003 - local election results:

Hargeysa - 208,864

Togdheer - 115,064

Awdal - 65,930

The Sage   

I guess Dukey knows something we don't. Mind sharing with us the secret evidence of vote rigging you have? Because if you did you would have posted 1,000,000 SL bashing threads about it by now.....