Sign in to follow this  
chubacka

Winter is making me anti social

chubacka   

Really it is, I used to plan things to do after work or @ weekends, go for walks, blah, blah. Now even going for a coffee is too much effort.

All I want to do is race home, dive under a blooming blanket and watch bad tv. (apart from The Killing, anyone else a fan?)

Anyone else in the same boat? Maybe I need a winter suit to help me brave the cold...

What's "the killing" about?

I don't mind winter, heck I even like it... as mild as UK winters are. As long as it doesnt snow, its fine by me.

chubacka   

heehee, Apo, I don't know if that's a good thing or not.

O_D, The Killing is a Scandanavian crime drama series with a kick *** female investigator.

The first one was great, the Americans tried to do an "English" version which in my opinion flopped.

The subtitles are worth it as its sooo well put together, although the endings tend to be a bit of a let down judging from 1 and 2. The final series is being shown now.

chubacka;896915 wrote:
heehee, Apo, I don't know if that's a good thing or not.

O_D, The Killing is a Scandanavian crime drama series with a kick *** female investigator.

The first one was great, the Americans tried to do an "English" version which in my opinion flopped.

The subtitles are worth it as its sooo well put together, although the endings tend to be a bit of a let down judging from 1 and 2. The final series is being shown now.

I've heard about that series, its got raving reviews online. I think I watched caught one episode on TV (with english subtitles) and it was pretty gripping. But maybe I am thinking of a scandanavian political series, also on UK TV... you wouldn't know about that would you?

Lool at that Apophis winter suit that thing sure looks like it would keep you warm but what happens when you have to go to the toilet as a lady. Sounds like the winter blues I guess the lack of sunlight and cold makes us wanna do nothing and seek out warm cozy places. The only thing I like about winter is snow, hot chocolate and the nice atmosphere that is around until happy new year.

OdaySomali don't be so quick it has snowed for us over here so you guys are next probably since we have similar weather.

chubacka   

There are quite a few Scandanazian shows on Brit TV nowadays and they all seem to have a political aspect. The Killing always has a strong political side show which isnt as good as the criminal story but they're merged well together.

There was alsoThe Bridge and one called Wallander which I dnt see (It was on when it was a bit warmer :) ) but was suppose to be good.

Apo I will take your word for it as I don't intend to find out for myself.

Bluelicious;896921 wrote:
OdaySomali don't be so quick it has snowed for us over here so you guys are next probably
since we have similar weather.

We don't have similar wheather Blue. NL has, hands up, better weather all year round. At least over there you get 4 proper seasons with 25-30 degrees in the summer and snow and frozen sloten (waar jullie kunnen schaatsen) every winter. Whereas over here we have no summer and no proper winter, we just have grey, dark and rainy days all year round, with perhaps one or two weeks of proper summer weather in a year. UK weather is infamous for being dull and rainy.

OdaySomali;896925 wrote:
We don't have similar wheather Blue. NL has, hands up, better weather all year round. At least over there you get 4 proper seasons with 25-30 degrees in the summer and snow and frozen sloten (waar jullie kunnen schaatsen) every winter. Whereas over here we have no summer and no proper winter, we just have grey, dark and rainy days all year round, with perhaps one or two weeks of proper summer weather in a year. UK weather is infamous for being dull and rainy.

Yeah you are right about that but I was more talking about in general as in european weather minus the frequent all year round rain that you guys are so famous for lol. Trouwens als het dit jaar goed vriest in de grachten dan ga ik schaatsen heb het nooit eerder buiten gedaan alleen binnen.

Bluelicious;896927 wrote:
Yeah you are right about that but I was more talking about in general as in european weather minus the frequent all year round rain that you guys are so famous for lol. Trouwens
als het dit jaar goed vriest in de grachten dan ga ik schaatsen
heb het nooit eerder buiten gedaan alleen binnen.

Kijk dat zou hier nooit mogenlijk zijn, want ten eerste zijn er niet velen sloten of grachten and ten tweede wordt het nooit koud genoeg dat ze helemaal overvriezen. Maar in NL deed ik het bijna elk jaar (buiten), maar als ik nu turug kiijk, was het eigenlijk wel gevaarlijk.

Ik ben verbaasd dat je nooit eerder buiten hebt geschaatst..., waarscheinlijk woon je in een grote stad. Laat me weten ho e het gaat :D

chubacka   

MS, as in Multiple Sclerosis? That's hardly a made up illness.

Yeah not too sure about SAD and if I start reading the symptoms I will convince myself I have it so perhaps it's better left alone.

Blue and OD, slueng zeild slhild skqual ksolgo ildeal diyajgo

I apologise my dutch has got a bit rusty over the years :)

OdaySomali;896931 wrote:
Kijk dat zou hier
nooit
mogenlijk zijn, want ten eerste zijn er niet velen sloten of grachten and ten tweede wordt het nooit koud genoeg dat ze helemaal overvriezen. Maar in NL deed ik het bijna elk jaar (buiten), maar als ik nu turug kiijk, was het eigenlijk wel gevaarlijk.

Ik ben verbaasd dat je nooit eerder buiten hebt geschaatst..., waarscheinlijk woon je in een grote stad. Laat me weten ho e het gaat
:D

Ja ik woon in de grote stad, dat komt omdat ik altijd bang was dat ik in het water zou zakken want het is toch gevaarlijk, maar nu ben ik over mijn angst heen eens moet toch de eerste keer zijn he. Getting out of your comfort zone is a good thing :D

Chubacka loool, what are you saying?

chubacka;896933 wrote:
MS, as in Multiple Sclerosis? That's hardly a made up illness.

Yeah not too sure about SAD and if I start reading the symptoms I will convince myself I have it so perhaps it's better left alone.

Blue and OD, slueng zeild slhild skqual ksolgo ildeal diyajgo

I apologise my dutch has got a bit rusty over the years
:)

I don't think Blue understood, but I am well acquainted with you dialect of Dutch haha. Brazzi brog schebnl jniudhknf jknsdfjndhjkwer ja ja Chubacka.

Bluelicious;896937 wrote:
Ja ik woon in de grote stad, dat komt omdat ik altijd bang was dat
ik in het water zou zakken
want het is toch gevaarlijk, maar nu ben ik over mijn angst heen eens moet toch de eerste keer zijn he. Getting out of your comfort zone is a good thing
:D

lol ik heb dat wel zien gebeuren. Maar je kan niet mis gaan zo lang als je andere mensen eerst het ijs laat treden en er op schaatsen. Als er veel mensen schaatsen dan is het ijs well dik genoeg.

Maar wanneer wij het deden zouden we eerst één persoon uit op het ijs zenden om het te testen. Die persoon zou dan van één kant van de sloot naar de ander moeten rennen haha. lol looking back it was crazy but it was a definitely a thrill and good fun.

Als ik in NL was zou ik wel met je hebben gekomen haha. Good luck en zak niet door het ijs LOL :D