Sign in to follow this  
Alpha Blondy

It is with sad regret to inform SOL and SOLers I've been.......

in the late 1990s a man's whose name and face i would never forget in his mid 30s, balding, strong and rather cheery came to our community centre for one of those health-related mashruucs. the man was an exhibit and was paraded around like he was some animal with disease. there for us to poke fun off and insult him for what was his fate. he spoke perfect somali and seem so full of life...that was before he said something really shocking....''i'm HIV+ and i'm here to make sure you don't make the same mistake as me.....!''

about 5 years later....the infamous Mohamed Dicca, a somali suju went around spreading the virus to white women and made history in being convicted for GBH with intent....

these days, most somalis are HIV+.....sad walahi. i worry that ignorance and our taboo based culture will be rocked to its core by its devastation.

Blessed   

Blimey! This is low, even for you, Alpha. Tut, tut... Seriously, magaalo shidan oo hawo macaan baad joogtaa ee get out more.

STOIC   

Alpha, this bug is not something you want to have or even wish on your worst enemies.So please make Tawbah to your lord and may Allah not make you come near it.....Everyday I treat or do invasive mouth extractions on people with the disease.Its heartbreaking to see how the disease can pretty much kill their immune and make them susceptible to things like Hairy leukoplakia. It is scary disease, but not non-manageable disease like before. The hardest hit communities are gay and people who sleep with different people recklessly! The USA alone the highest reported infections are mainly Male-to-male sexual contact and injection-drug use (and to some extent reckless heterosexual contacts)....There are also people who really don't deserve this disease like the Mother-to-Child (Perinatal) HIV Transmission.