Sign in to follow this  
oba hiloowlow

Question for the SOL politicians

Beledweyne,Baydhabo,,badhaadhe,kismaayo,balcad,afgooye and Buurdhuubo are places that recently got liberated didn't think it was fair to include them in the list, bardheere,baraawe is under al shabaab right now.

Jacpher;893194 wrote:
So you are only interested why Bandar Bayla, Burtinle, and Baargaal aren't paying up folks in Bakaaraha.

No I aint and thats not the point im just wondering how puntland can be a part of the federal government when they aint even paying taxes basically only the people in Mog is funding the government and thats a great amount of injustice, why shouldn't the people of puntland pay taxes to the FG?

Abwaan;893196 wrote:
Oba, are you going to suggest that Mogadishu should refuse the tax?

No Reer Mogadishu makes me proud they are the only people in somalia contributing something to their FG.

Jacpher   

Oba two facts will help you with that “great amount of injustice"

1. The government in Villa Somalia exists in name everywhere in the country except in Muqdiso.

2. The government in Villa Somalia doesn't directly benefit or add anything to anyone's life outside Muqdisho.

People in other parts of the country conduct their daily life whether Muqdisho has a government or not. They have been doing so for the past twenty years when Muqdisho was run by savage warlords. Maybe this is the ‘great amount of injustice' you speak of is that the is a symbolic government if you happen not to be living in Muqdisho.

well the the government started expanding from Mogadishu but i dont see why puntland is a part of the FG they aint contributing anything to the FG yet they get 1/3 of everything that gets donated to somalia in the name of somalia, doesn't make sense jacpherow? Keyga aniga baa cunayo kaagana waa kula cunaa miyeesan xaqdaro aheen

oba hiloowlow;893193 wrote:
the government tax bakaara and Suuqbacaad, the port and the airport.

Are you sure? From what I understand the government only collects fees from the ports and I don't think it has the capacity to collect anything from suuqa Bakaraaha or Bacaad.

It's worth noting that government doesn't contribute anything to Puntland and has no sovereignty over it, realistically speaking, I don't would expect anything from Puntland.

I dont understand this federal BS so basically all the States is going to be like puntland miyaa, own military,police, the taxes goes only to states. While Mogadishu is going to be the capital oo maamul goboleed aheen, basically they gonna pay taxes and stuff miyaa? If i understood it in the right way?

Che -Guevara;893203 wrote:
Are you sure? From what I understand the government only collects fees from the ports and I don't think it has the capacity to collect anything from suuqa Bakaraaha or Bacaad.

It's worth noting that government doesn't contribute anything to Puntland and has no sovereignty over it, realistically speaking, I don't would expect anything from Puntland.

So whats the point of having a government markaas?

Jacpher   

Oba: Once the government starts changing or making a little difference in people's lives outside of its seat, it will have the moral argument to ask for support from people it doesn't do any good or harm.