Sign in to follow this  
Carafaat

Somali-Ethiopian Music Thread

Carafaat im very dissappointed. This is truly a disgusting, trashy, filthy, repulsive and self-destructive thread.

You do realise most of these Xabashi-Somali songs you are posting and advertising are produced, created and aired by Ethiopian state television as part of their attempt to Ethiopian-ize Somali [Ethiopians] and diffuse the Somali culture.

Haatu   

Oday, the very man that is doing this will tell you tomorrow that he's for Somaliweyn and Somali unity. Hence why I question his true character.

Oday Somali baa isha ka riday the TPLF since 1991 was trying to reconstruct the Ethiopian identity before the TPLF the derg and Hailles. Ethiopia it was different. The new Ethiopia tries to redefine the Ethiopian identity that's why you will see Tigray Music mixed with Oromo. And Somali music mixed with Amharic Music. And its aired on the Ethiopian television at the same time the TPLF promotes Ethnic federalism and Ethnic Nationalism. But at the same time it wants to reshape the Ethiopian cultural identity what ever that suppose to mean.

Carafaat   

OdaySomali;895269 wrote:
Carafaat im very dissappointed. This is truly a disgusting, trashy, filthy, repulsive and self-destructive thread.

You do realise most of these Xabashi-Somali songs are produced, created and aired by Ethiopian state television as part of their attempt to Ethiopian-ize Somali
[Ethiopians] and diffuse the Somali culture

Yes, I know. But why are you crying all of the suddenly. Dont hear you complaining about Jabuuti being frenchised, Kismayo Kikuyised, Somalia Balkanized and Amisized, Piratised, Somalilanised? Atleast these folks are dancing. Dont see anyone dancing in Kismayo for Kikuyu's.

Carafaat;895279 wrote:
Yes, I know. But why are you crying all of the suddenly. Dont hear you complaining about Jabuuti being
frenchised
, Kismayo
Kikuyised
, Somalia
Balkanized
and
Amisized
Piratised
Somalilanised
? Atleast these folks are dancing. Dont see anyone dancing in Kismayo for Kikuyu's.

Don't take it personal sxb, no-one is attacking you, your a cool chap. But its the videos I take issue with. I just don't think we should be doing the handy-work of and furthering the Ethiopian regime's cause and inadvertently conducting cultural warfare on our own people... just think about it and bear that in mind.

Carafaat   

OdaySomali;895288 wrote:
Don't take it personal sxb, no-one is attacking
you
, your a cool chap. But its the videos I take issue with. I just don't think we should be doing the handy-work of and furthering the Ethiopian regime's cause and inadvertently conducting socio-cultural warfare on our own people... just think about it and bear that in mind.

Oday, what is wrong with chearleading for foreign interest. Isnt that suppose to be what Somali politics is about?

Carafaat;895289 wrote:
Oday, what is wrong with chearleading for foreign interest. Isnt that suppose to be what Somali politics is about?

Maxaad uga jeedaa?

Haatu   

Carafaat;895289 wrote:

Confused, simply confused. Not only do you not know yourself you don't have an iota of knowledge of Somali politics. Somalis cheerlead for their own interests. It just happens that 9/10 times there's a foreign power out there who's interests align with yours.

Carafaat knowing that these songs are created, produced and aired by the Ethiopian State television as part of thier overall agenda of warfare and disposession towards the Somalis in the Somali region of Ethiopia, would you be confortable explaining to our freedom fighters brothers and sisters who are fighting for their survival?

Diidnayee ogoow...

Abuse and terror in the Somali region - Human Rights Watch

The war-torn Somali region in Ethiopia is a land scarred by terror.

An ongoing struggle for autonomy is being fought between the outlawed Ogden National Liberation Front (ONLF) and the Ethiopian military but it is not just ONLF members who are being brutalised.

An undercover investigation by the Bureau and the BBC’s Newsnight provides new evidence of ongoing brutal human rights abuses by Ethiopian government forces.

Today the area is a no-go zone for foreigners, the media and aid agencies. Instead, it is kept under strict Ethiopian government control, making it difficult to assess what is going on.

But in Dadaab, the largest refugee camp in the world in northern Kenya, there are thousands, who have fled from the Ogden region, claiming to have been subjected to horrific abuses by Ethiopian government troops.

Torture victims

A grandmother in her 50s, told us that she was one of more than 100 civilians seized from her village in the Ogden by government forces in 2009. Some of the villagers were killed, including her son, and others were taken to jail.

She says ‘I was raped’ by ‘a queue’ of soldiers. ‘They raped me in a room, one of them was standing on my mouth, and one tied my hand, they were taking turns, I fainted during this.’

Another victim described how she was eight months pregnant when government forces arrested her, then raped and beat her until she lost her baby.

Soomaali ma waxay garan weydey oo ka nixi weydey waxa ay xittaa gaaladaa cadaanka ahi ka yaabtay. Cajiib caleyk.

Human Rights Watch and the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) produced before and after satellite images of villages razed to the ground in the Somali region by Ethiopian forces.

Ethiopian soldiers commit of war crimes in Somalia

Amnesty International on Tuesday accused Ethiopian troops in Somalia of killing civilians and committing atrocities, including slitting people's throats, gouging out eyes and gang-raping women.

In a new report, the human rights group, which is based in London, detailed chilling witness accounts of indiscriminate killings in Somalia and called on the international community to stop the bloodshed.

The rights group said it had scores of reports of killings by Ethiopian troops.
In one case, "a young child's throat was slit by Ethiopian soldiers in front of the child's mother," the report says.

"The people of Somalia are being killed, raped, tortured. Looting is widespread and entire neighborhoods are being destroyed," Michelle Kagari, the Amnesty deputy director for Africa, said
in a statement from Nairobi that accompanied the report.

Haboon, 56, said her neighbor's 17-year-old daughter had been raped by Ethiopian troops. The girl's brothers tried to defend their sister, but the soldiers beat them and gouged their eyes out with a bayonet,
Haboon was quoted as telling Amnesty.

Ethiopia: Army Commits Executions, Torture, and Rape in Somali Region

200px-Hrw_logo.svg.png

In its battle against rebels in eastern Ethiopia's Somali Region,
Ethiopia's army has subjected civilians to executions, torture, and rape, Human Rights Watch said in a new report released today
. The widespread violence, part of a vicious counterinsurgency campaign that amounts to war
crimes and crimes against humanity
, has contributed to a looming humanitarian crisis,
threatening the survival of thousands of ethnic Somali nomads.

The 130-page report "Collective Punishment: War Crimes and Crimes Against Humanity in the Somali Regional State," documents a dramatic rise in unchecked violence against civilians since June 2007, when the Ethiopian army launched a counterinsurgency campaign against rebels who attacked a Chinese-run oil installation. The Human Rights Watch report provides the first in-depth look at the patterns of abuse in a conflict that remains virtually unknown because of severe restrictions imposed by the Ethiopian government.

"The Ethiopian army's answer to the rebels has been to viciously attack civilians in the Somali region," said Georgette Gagnon, Africa director at Human Rights Watch.
"These widespread and systematic atrocities amount to crimes against humanity.
Yet Ethiopia’s major donors, Washington, London and Brussels, seem to be maintaining a conspiracy of silence around the crimes."