Sign in to follow this  
Hibo

Postaholics Anonymous

Hibo   

Has posting messeges become an addiction for you? Fortunately there's help. It's called Postaholics Anonymous. P.A. is a new, federally funded program with three meeting groups in the Toronto area.

P.A. is for anyone who is ready to admit they need help and have formed an addiction to posting here.

Please join us.

Postaholics Anonymous

unixguru   

It took me a long time to admit I had a problem. It all started 4 years ago when I first got the internet. Back then not many people had the internet and there where not many forums. But the few that existed, I just could not leave. At work all I did was make posts. I posted about anything. Politics, religion, food, games, anything and everything. Sometimes I would even make replies to my own posts (like am doing now). Eventually I lost my job because my productivity became so low. I spent all work time on forums post after post after endless post.

At home it was no different. I would do nothing else. Me and Xalimo (my ex-wife) started growing apart. I because more interested in my “posting buddies” then in Xalimo. Eventually Xalimo left me because of my problem, she said she didn’t think I loved her any longer. And sadly it was true, my desire to create a new tread that would get 65 replies was greater then my desire to spend time with Xalimo.

Then 3 months ago I read in a forum about “Forum Fancy Disorder”, otherwise known as FFD. And that changed my life. I made many “real” friends. We meet once a week and discuses how we are doing. Most of the members are have or have overcome FFD. They say the best cure to FFD is trough having really discussions with real people that you know in person. The more freely a person can speak to real people about what’s on his or her mind, the less of a need he or she will have to rely on forum to speak what they feel.

ORHvet   

I am in Afghanistan with the Marines and I still can't stop posting here with the Somali nomads that I completly don't know. Strange things happen in life. Oh, well...