Sign in to follow this  
Che -Guevara

The Missing Narrative in the “Kismayo Conundrum”

^I welcome all views not just the ones that agrees with me.

Maddeey....It's more fun of this way. Now you can swing at Mukhtar on Wardheernews without offending anyone who mirrors his views on SOL

Somalia   

The article was spot on!

Of all the AMISOM and other forces in Somalia, the President is sleepless about Kenyans. Not about Ugandans. Not about Burundians. Not about Djiboutians. Not about even Ethiopians. There is only one regional military that is capable of violating Somalia’s sovereignty – Kenya. It is a bit like playing Shakespeare’s Caliban: give us Ugandans, they kill us better, shoot civilians in Bakara market.
Give us Ethiopians, they conquer and rule our borders without asking for permission. But no! no! no Kenya.

Justice and perfection are a must in Kismaayo; Mogadishu can wait with its 16 district administrators, all from one-clan.
It is a new enigmatic phenomenon, one which encapsulates a new underlying sense of naturalizing and forgiving the excesses of clan cleansing and marginalization of minorities in Mogadishu because a new “outrage” may be happening in Kismaayo.
It is the tip of a new “nationalist” morality, of a new Mogadishu self-righteousness, unrestrained by its awesome paradoxes and inherent contradictions, and therefore so dangerously retrogressive. Is it the advent of “a great, confused nationalism” to take after Indian democracy, which they call “the great, confused democracy?”

Only in Somalia does a sinner at home go on a pilgrim to correct sins in other lands. The irony is befuddling
, matched only by the story of a bankrupt United States telling China how to run a successful economy, so that it can borrow more money from the latter. America is the only debtor that tells lenders how to run their business!

Whatever his intentions, no matter how noble his designs for Kismaayo might be, there can be little argument that President Hassan’s handling of the Kismayo issue has been amateurish and suicidal. In the eyes of many, he is now seen as a clannish clown masquerading as a national leader.
He is seen as a man working to a terms of reference drafted by radical clan action groups. It is a pity, because such a perception – whether true or unfounded – will encumber national reconciliation.

And that perception gains currency when patterns emerge. President Hassan is excessively conciliatory to Somaliland, cold to Puntland, dismissive of Khaatumo and antagonistic towards Jubbaland.
Add the invective anecdotes that allege President Hassan is beholden to the dictates of staunchly anti-***** advisors, and it is not hard to imagine where this obsession with Kismaayo can take the President and the country. Need we go back to 1990s? No, please.

*DING DING DING* we have a winner.

Pea4U.gif

Somalia   

No, I am talking about Abwaan's kind, what are they still doing there, Unuka must do what is right and put cadcad's back in their rightful place. :cool:

Oba, why do you think outcasts can't form their own regional government and try and undermine Unuka's peace loving traditions?

the article was interesting I have a feeling the author is trying to pass of an enlightened person , and his efforts only seems to relegate him to the pompous crowd, he needs to take it easy on the metaphors, the over the top refrences and one can see for the most part that the article has little in the way of content....I hope the author focuses on the issue, instead of going into rants every few sentences....That being Said I thoroughly enjoyed this article.