Sign in to follow this  
Naxar Nugaaleed

Somalis in St Cload MN

Nomads in Minnesota, Is there a significant Somali population in St. Cloud Minnesota? I want to know because the democrats have the best candidate yet to defeat that lunatic Bachmann...

A_Khadar   

Naxar, There are good number of somalis, but not sure their immigration status whetherr they can vote or not, many of them are new comers. The lady, Michelle, has a good base of conservative in her district and hard to unseat her.. Even the redistricting made here stronger I believe..

According to the polls, Jim is pretty close in closing the gap even though he is being outspent 2 to 1. Am thinking well organized Somalis can push him over. Even if you can't vote, you can still talk to your neighbors and get them to vote.

raula   

Naxar....there are somalis that live in St. Cloud but my guess is that they are not as strong-hold/vocal as the twin cities malis. Now, after that paper factory fire..there are some cadaan that are pissed off..(If you have watched the ads lately) as well the community is suffering..so if she can be outdone..I hope those that lost their jobs hence their livelihood will boot that LUNATIC. However, we are talking about greater Minnesota here..& these cadaan's CLING TO THEIR GUNS & CROSES. I will be a happy Minnesotan come post-election if she's outbet!

**she's isn't on my district but gosh i would have loved to do that GLITTER-ATTACK/BOMB on her :D

That's very informative, thanks Raula. And also let's be honest, repubs and conservatives regardless of guns and crosses are not the thinking kind. True backward simpletons. The key to winning in this area is exposing this lady for what she is, a lunatic, to moderates, liberals and minorities like Somalis. It my desperate hope that, however small, someone organizes the Somalis in that area and gets them to both vote and spread the word, I would not be surprised if the deciding numbers come Election Day are a few hundred voters.

raula   

U R wlc. Its all politics-Reps & Dems. However, I think the Somalis in St-Cloud are more concerned w/Somalia's issues than what's happening in, let alone, Minnesota. But you are right-this congresswoman has gone far extreme & she's caught the attention of many however she's on her turf & that's tough to beat. We shall see!