Sign in to follow this  
NGONGE

Hands Off Somalia

NGONGE   

Hands Off Somalia is a campaign originally organised to oppose any upcoming corporate, political and military intervention in Somalia by the British government, which was signalled at their conference held on 23 February 2012.

Our demands:

Hands off Somalia! aims to stop any imperialist intervention in Somalia through helping to build and mobilise mass support for the right of Somalia’s self-determination. We also oppose all criminalisation of the Somali community in Britain.

Hands off Somalia! is a non-sectarian, anti-imperialist and anti-racist campaign which aims to offer organisation and education, through public actions and independent media, to all people in Britain who oppose outside intervention, and believe Somalia should be able to determine its own future free from the chains of imperialism.

Hands off Somalia! have agreed on the following demands:

•No to imperialist military intervention, direct or through proxy

•No to the violation of Somalia’s sovereignty

•No to the exploitation of natural resources, by Western corporations, belonging to Somalia.

•No to the dumping of toxic and nuclear waste in Somalia’s fishing waters

•No to the division of Somalia

•No to the criminalisation and scapegoating of the Somali community in Britain

http://handsoffsomalia.co.uk/

----------------------------------

If this blog was not created by Che, he'll surely love to join them. :D

Have you seen Carafaat's obsession with Jubba? For thier health more than anything else. Besides, I miss the days when we were told Sland is Africa's best kept secret.

Anyway, in the list of priorities and threats, I am more concerned with Ethiopia than I am with the British who doesn't not pose existential threat.

NGONGE   

Why Ethiopia and not Kenya, Che? Surely Ethiopia is happy to carry on as it always did and (so far at least) does not look like changing its policy. It's the sea grabbers that seem to pose more of a threat, at least on paper.

Ngonge..I am not fan of Kenya either and I am astonished those that oppose Ethiopia would justify Kenya's invasion, of course under the pretext of fighting AS. That said, I believe Ethiopia is bigger threat than Kenya. The Ethiopia's actions are more damaging considering their crimes in Western Somalia, thier incursions into Somalia and their recent destruction of Xamar.

NGONGE   

^^ Yes. But with this current government (assuming it turns out to be different to the previous ones) the Ethiopians don't have as much of a foothold in Somalia as the Kenyans do. So, surely, right now Kenya is the biggest threat to Somalia, not a post Melez Ethiopia.

Apo,

Having read some of your recent posts with regards to Kenya and ONLF, I have concluded that your testimony on such a topic can be nothing but blinkered, saaxib. Understandably so. :D

Ngonge... It's quite on the Western front simply the Ethiopians are figuring themselves out and settling internal issues so things fall into equilibrium. Their ambition towards Somalia hasn't changed and crimes in Western Somalia despite so called peace talks between them and ONLF go unabated. The Kenyans are easy to get rid off if there's stable government and hence doesn't pose eternal threat.

Mind you, Kenyans were re-hatted as Amisom and they don't really the resources to sustain occupation shall the local population turn against them.

NGONGE   

^^ Not on this issue. Your far too close to events to give any objective view. Naga daa dee.

Che,

You're having a huge bite there, saaxib. Horta lets stick with Somalia (which includes SL & PL) for now. Other than their previous incursions in the land and the hold they had over Sharif, what current threat does Ethiopia pose? I don't see much of a threat; what with the hands on involvement of the International Community (and Turkey), the Arab support for the current Somali government and the actual "new" page in Somali politics I can't see where, how and when Ethiopia can pose any real threat to Somalia today (it will in time of course but I can't see it today). Kenya on the other hand is rumoured to grab sea and land; is setting up admins and has soldiers on Somali soil. To worry about the "man" of yesterday when the "pigs" of today are running the farm is mad, saaxib.

Apophis;881173 wrote:
^^No, you got it wrong sxb, Kenya we can trust and be allied with (we need to do this to isolate Ethiopia in the Horn) but we should never trust the snakes aka Ethios. The sea thing with Kenya will be easily sorted.

Oo labadu maxay ku kala duwanyihiin? Midba dantiis uun ayuu ilaashanaayaa. Sidad adigu malaysay?

Ngonge....Ethiopia does have boots on the ground in Beledweyne and Bakool. They have 'advisors' in Baydhabo. They arm and control Ahlu Sunnah in central regions and Gedo, so they are very much present in Somalia and armed to the teeth. And I don't discount Kenya's threat but I just believe it's easier to neutralize Kenya.

When will people shut the **** up about the oil already? If you don't like foreign oil companies drilling in the region, then rent your own damn rig and go over there.

No to the criminalisation and scapegoating of the Somali community in Britain.

That one seems out of context. Did someone just throw that in at the last moment?

NGONGE   

Che -Guevara;881192 wrote:
Ngonge....Ethiopia does have boots on the ground in Beledweyne and Bakool. They have 'advisors' in Baydhabo. They arm and control Ahlu Sunnah in central regions and Gedo, so they are very much present in Somalia and armed to the teeth. And I don't discount Kenya's threat but I just believe it's easier to neutralize Kenya.

Fair enough. I forgot about all of that. :D