Sign in to follow this  
Shinbir Majabe

Live: Mini Summit on Somalia

Chimera   

Notice how Turkey is the only country talking about the big elephant in the room; the reconstruction of the Somali military. The Somali Chief of Staff was in Ankara this week to discuss training Somali soldiers, and the Turks mentioned a new fund for the reconstruction of the Somali Security Forces. This is good news.

Chimera   

Norway was funny, I hope President Hassan takes his challenge and raises the percentage of women participants in the new government. In Norway women make up 50% of the government, and its one of the most advanced countries in the world.

What is that we fear?

Chimera   

BTW, did you guys notice all of the delegates kept saying in the presence of Abdiweli:

Congratulations to the new President and new Prime-minister.

Do they know something all these SOL moles in villa-Somalia don't? I guess another 4 years then.

Jacpher   

Chimera;874380 wrote:
Norway was funny, I hope President Hassan takes his challenge and raises the percentage of women participants in the new government. In Norway women make up 50% of the government, and its one of the most advanced countries in the world.

What is that we fear?

I hope President Hassan is smart enough to know monkey see monkey do is not a good policy.

Timur   

Chimera;874387 wrote:
BTW, did you guys notice all of the delegates kept saying in the presence of Abdiweli:

Congratulations to the new President and
new
Prime-minister.

Do they know something all these SOL moles in villa-Somalia don't? I guess another 4 years then.

My belief has been that Abdiweli and Hassan made a pact for Pres/PM ticket either the day before the election, or perhaps much longer in advance - what's clear is that Hassan had outside sponsorship well in advance of the elections, and Abdiweli is the last remaining figurehead in the former TFG. I think appointing Abdiweli as premier too soon would've sounded too many alarms among conspiracy theorists and political rivals, so delaying the appointment process for prime minister by several weeks was a move by Hassan to allow Abdiweli to continue working, eventually easing the load of announcing him as premier since he's become synonymous with the position.

Another thought; why would Abdiweli be sent to promote all of these crucial ties in New York when he'll be leaving the post in a few days? It's only logical for him to continue working on these relationships that he's opened.

Timur;874423 wrote:
My belief has been that Abdiweli and Hassan made a pact for Pres/PM ticket either the day before the election, or perhaps much longer in advance - what's clear is that Hassan had outside sponsorship well in advance of the elections, and Abdiweli is the last remaining figurehead in the former TFG. I think appointing Abdiweli as premier too soon would've sounded too many alarms among conspiracy theorists and political rivals, so delaying the appointment process for prime minister by several weeks was a move by Hassan to allow Abdiweli to continue working, eventually easing the load of announcing him as premier since he's become synonymous with the position.

Another thought; why would Abdiweli be sent to promote all of these crucial ties in New York when he'll be leaving the post in a few days? It's only logical for him to continue working on these relationships that he's opened.

That's an interesting theory, Timur. The new constitution/charter states the previous cabinet and PM will continue the work of the government till a new PM and cabinet are appointed&approved to replace them. So legally, Abdiweli is continuing his constitutional mandate.

However, your theory does have some plausibility given Abdiweli's concession speech during the elections and the several public photos/videos of the conference between him, Hassan Sh. Mohamoud, & Ahmed I. Samater. Maybe, you're right, maybe Abdiweli will continue as PM, and to further complete the plot, Ahmed I. Samater will be the new Foreign Minister. But this is only pure speculation on my part with no tangible evidence behind it. We'll see how the plot develops.