Sign in to follow this  
Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar

Shameless apologist

:DI wasn't apologizing for anyone. I was making it clear that I have no motivation to defend Islam.

Two other things. First of all, you should've taken the snapshot before the removal of the previous goof's disingenuous and hateful comments. As for the second part. Don't tell me you don't know why the Arabs passed up on enslaving their nearest Black African neighbours.

I will admit that I'm shameless though. No matter how many times I promise myself to avoid the cesspool that is the Toronto Sun, I end up returning. I just couldn't ignore the lies being espoused by a particular moron. Heck, I was defending prophet Muhammad at one point.

Jacpher   

Apophis;873907 wrote:
As a moderator, you're using your powers unjustly.

What 'moderator powers' did he use or abuse in here? What was 'unjust' in that post?

Raamsade   

Jacpher, a MOD should stay above the fray and not get involved in personal attacks which this thread clearly is. What bearing does what a member of SOL writes on other fora have on his standing here? Did he break SOL etiquete? No! Did he comport himself with SOL's golden rules? Yesiree... who, then, really gives a hoot what he writes in gutter press site like Toront Sun (marginally better than SUN TV). We all know MMA is avid Toronto Star reading (I'm more of Globe and Mail fella), starbucks cappuccinno sipping, granola crunching hippie wannabe fella, is this his way of getting back at hated Toronto Sun by attacking poor Blackflash (what the heck does this name supposed mean anyways?)?

Aaliyyah;873921 wrote:
What an outrageous comment to make. black flash can you back your claim with evidence.

I'll answer that request with three of my own (you probably know the answers to these):

1.Does the religious persuasion of a person play a role in how their viewed as slaves in Islam?

2.Under what strict guidelines can new slaves be acquired in Islam?

3. Why were entire Dinka tribes situated thousands of kilometers inland captured, while Somalis were generally left alone?

The answer to these three questions will provide the basis to my claim.

Jacpher   

Raamsade;873954 wrote:
Jacpher, a MOD should stay above the fray and not get involved in personal attacks which this thread clearly is. What bearing does what a member of SOL writes on other fora have on his standing here? Did he break SOL etiquete? No! Did he comport himself with SOL's golden rules? Yesiree... who, then, really gives a hoot what he writes in gutter press site like Toront Sun (marginally better than SUN TV). We all know MMA is avid Toronto Star reading (I'm more of Globe and Mail fella), starbucks cappuccinno sipping, granola crunching hippie wannabe fella, is this his way of getting back at hated Toronto Sun by attacking poor Blackflash (what the heck does this name supposed mean anyways?)?

Raamsade: MMA is as much guilty as Raamsade to comment on this topic :D Moderatorship is not censorship dee. The man has as much right as anyone in SOL to initiate a topic or reply to one. His participation on the forum does not cloud or diminish his judgement calls as you are suggesting.

Apo: What 'powers' are you talking about here? I'm still confused. The man started a page and you're taking about a moderator power being used? What links MMA status as moderator to starting this page or is someone cry foul pre-preemptively?

Atheists in full gear tonight to overprotect their fellow atheist. Waryaara ya'll giving away away the game by crying too early before it started.

Che -Guevara;873964 wrote:
^Slavery was flourishing before Islam, before the advent of Islam, Somalis were free people. How does that fit in with your claim?

That's precisely what the second question touches on. Before Islam, there was no incentive for Arabs to look outside their own region for slaves. It was only until much of the region adopted Islam and restrictions were placed by prophet Muhammad that they began to look further out. In a way, Islam did too good of a job at reducing the impact of the slave trade early on.

Jacpher   

^Were the Americans practicing Islam when they were loading the black slaves to the ships? Was the pharoah Muslim when he was taking hold of the slaves? :D

Jacpher;873965 wrote:
Raamsade:
MMA is as much guilty as Raamsade to comment on this topic
:D
Moderatorship is not censorship dee. The man has as much right as anyone in SOL to initiate a topic or reply to one. His participation on the forum does not cloud or diminish his judgement calls as you are suggesting.

Apo:
What 'powers' are you talking about here? I'm still confused. The man started a page and you're taking about a moderator power being used? What links MMA status as moderator to starting this page or is someone cry foul pre-preemptively?

Atheists in full gear tonight to
overprotect their fellow atheist
. Waryaara ya'll giving away away the game by crying too early before it started.

Protect me from what? The one valuable thing I've gained from that tabloid site over the years is that I no longer care for the opinions of others. I'll engage in debate, but the use of words like 'shameless' don't phase me.

Jacpher;873967 wrote:
^Were the Americans practicing Islam when they were loading the black slaves to the ships? Was the pharoah Msulim when he was taking hold of the slaves?
:D

I'm confused. I was under the impression that everyone already knows that much of the world has practiced some form of slavery in the past. The present topic at hand is why Somalis escaped relatively unscathed.