Sign in to follow this  
Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar

Shameless apologist

Jacpher   

Blackflash;874196 wrote:
I think I'm being misunderstood here. I'm not linking the slave trade to Islam directly,
just stating that Islam linked Somalis and other coastal Africans to their arab counterparts
, and it was this relationship that was then used for the expansion of the slave trade.

Again the problem with that statement is that African slavery predates Islam and Somalia, as others pointed out. But somehow you want to convince us slavery existed in the palm of Islam/Arab/Somalis. I guess Arabs brought Islam to Indonesia, the largest Muslim majority country through slavery. :D

LANDER   

Apophis;873951 wrote:
^^^I must have misspoke, I meant justly; a correction has been made

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSufzoniT65BOUDnU__KAk

^lol

You think an error in vocab is gonna clarify things for him, dude is oblivious.

Jacpher;874206 wrote:
Again the problem with that statement is that African slavery predates Islam and Somalia, as others pointed out.
But somehow you want to convince us slavery existed in the palm of Islam/Arab/Somalis. I guess Arabs brought Islam to Indonesia, the largest Muslim majority country through slavery.
:D

Yes, but slaves in the Arab peninsula before Islam were predominantly middle eastern. Since a free Muslim cannot be enslaved, even as spoils of war, slave traders had to look further outside their domain as more populations converted.

I'm referring to two groups with seperate agendas. There were the propagators of Islam and the entrepreneurial slave traders. The success of Islam in the region cut in to the latter's pockets.

Mario B   

Chimera;874000 wrote:
I don't mind them, they all share a common characteristic; a dislike for qabiil and a serious interest in seeing a prosperous Somalia. I share those sentiments,
it's a pity they lost their faith. However to me they are better than the tribalists calling for the deaths of other groups, while maintaining they are practicising Muslims.

If you're secure in your faith, their presence shouldn't bother you

tumblr_m39d6xKWqU1rqfhi2o1_400.gif

What destroyed Somalia is zealot clan frenzy. We wouldn't have terrorism, piracy, religious extremism AND FAMINE, if it wasn't for the scourge of tribalism.

Jacpher   

Blackflash;874210 wrote:
Yes, but slaves in the Arab peninsula before Islam were predominantly middle eastern. Since a
free Muslim cannot be enslaved
, even as spoils of war, slave traders had to look further outside their domain as more populations converted.

Tell that to the millions of Muslim black Arabs in ME who are still looked down for being descendants of slaves :D:D

Jacpher;874214 wrote:
Tell that to the millions of Muslim black Arabs in ME who are still looked down for being descendants of slaves
:D:D

It's similar to the constitutional amendments made in the United States, they secure the rights of all, but haven't been interpreted that way in the past (i.e Jim Crow).

Chimera   

Blackflash;874196 wrote:
The majority of Somalis throughtout history have resided in the hinterland and were pastoralists like the Dinkas. The larger states and sultanates didn't start developing until the middle of the millenium. That said, I do think the existence of these city states prevented the enslavement of nomads to some extent.

The City-states in Somalia date back to the first millenium B.C (and through serious archaelogy will date back even further) and I think you misunderstood my point. Take the Ancient Greeks and Phoenicians, the majority of their people also resided in the hinterland as peasants, but it was the city-states at their coasts who through their trade made themselves familiar with the Old world and maintained armies and fortifications that defended the entire region. In ancient Somalia our ancestors did trade with all the empires and kingdoms of the day, and we were familiar to everyone, under different names, be it Puntites, Macrobians, Oponeans, etc and there are historic records of standing armies, body armour and other military hardware.

The ancestors of the Arabs were actually robust trading partners of ours, its the major reason why Islam came to us via trade instead of warfare. There is historic literature confirming Somalis were already slave-traders since the 1st century AD, at least 6 centuries before the rise of Islam.

Alpha Blondy;874255 wrote:
i wonder how MMA managed to track down blackflash? and what does this say about the monitoring of SOL MODs and ADMIN of the pages we visit.

He's from Koronto, and travels through copper wires. If you're on the internet, he'll find you.

Ibtisam   

Pointless thread. MM you are always in the politics section at least telling people not to bring debates from Somalinet on here. Here you are dragging another sites comments on here. Miise wa do as I say, and not as I do?

That aside everyone is entitled to their own views, laakin blackflash dont mask your opinions as facts.

P.s.s. that is a trashy site/ tabloid,! Shame on you both for reading it. The comments are as bad as the daily mail!

Dadkiina caadi iska dhiga. I had no idea who made that comment on that tabloid site was here. I was reading about that tragic story of Soomaali sister killed in accident and I saw the comments section of that site. As usual, full of hate-filled by Soomaaliphobes. And who did I see catering to them? A one who claimed to be a Soomaali at the same time almost 'apologizing' Soomaali actions, whatever they were. And on the top of that claiming Islam spared the slavery, otherwise Soomaalida maanta would have been descendants of slaves or he thinks.

If I knew he was a member here, I wouldn't have dragged it here. Anyway, it is still shame