Sign in to follow this  
ElPunto

Not Wanting Kids Is Entirely Normal

STOIC   

Aaaliya, ameen walaal.My only wish is that he be the one that offer his prayers and believe what has been revealed to us by Allah.No doubt he will have better opportunities than his mom & dad, but What scares me is the fitna he will be growing around.I have always be the one to say i'll never go back to Africa or even think about sending any of my progeny there, but am having a heart of change since knowing that my kids will have many "teachers" outside the house!

Aaliyyah   

You are most welcome walaal. Your fear isn't misplaced. Especially seeing many youth going astray and making wrong choices as a result

Since June this year 6 or 7 young men were killed in this city. So things like that or young people questioning their faith can make a parent worry and be scared of the fate of his child.

Like you also said your precious son will have a better opportunity than his parents alhamdulah. However, many people can't see beyond all this bling bling so I'm glad that you are worried that's a good sign it shows how serious you are of your new life as a parent.Eventhough I'm not a parent I would say raise your child in the right environment. If your child is being raised in the ghetto and sitting in class with kids who have no akhlaaq,discipline,or standards you can't expect much of him.

I'm also glad you had a change of heart when it comes to Africa. Caruurtaadu dhaqankoda iyo luqadooda ayeey ku badbadayan. But note I don't agree with those who are always going somewhere new with their kids maanta somaliya bari malaysia mar kale nairobi. I am a strong believer if the kids go back home in their summer holiday and they talk somali at home it suffices but this consistant moving that I have seen in some families is detrimental to the success of their children. May Allah swt make your child a source of blessing and happiness for you and your wife and bless you with many more. Inshallah although parenthood isn't easy it will be rewarding at the end.

Blessed   

Congrats, Stoic. Enjoy your little man walaaal, I pray Allah protects and guides him Inshaalla. Do you know who the worst teacher is? Get rid of it or limit and monitor your child's exposure to it. I'A. There's bad akhlaaq and company, even back home.

Juxa   

^^Maka yaabtay, meesha dhan perfection bey isla noqotay.

Somalidu waxay dhahdaa ratiga yar, kan weyn raadkiisa buu raacaa! i cant see waalid caasi ah expecting pious children, macquul ma aha.

Being a parent means you have to be willing to become selfless. I hate to see kids being ferried around the world, never having roots, routine and good upbringing yet being blamed for their edab daro.

oh well, not everyone woman wants a child

Narniah   

One of my aunts could never have kids. Shes the most loveliest woman alive she's so good with kids. Alhamdulilah she has us and always called us her children. Allah has blessed her with a wonderful husband who stood by her through out the years and grew old with her even though they never had kids he never left her. MashaAllah that's true love, and I bet many people with kids don't even have that kind of relationship with their spouses. It's mercy from Allah that when he takes something from someone he replaces with it with something far better (if you remain patient).

And we have some who don't want kids when Allah blessed them with it, it's a crazy world.

STOIC   

Juxa,

Heh.Its not that easy dear! I have seen parents who have the best of akhlaq, but their kids turn out to be one with unsavory characters.I have even close family members whose kids are in their late twenties still depending on their parents in this western world due to run in with the law.I doubt anyone is looking for perfection.The best we all could ask for is law-abiding and morally upright kids and I doubt sometimes we all can be in control of that too

PS Thanks Blessed!

Jacpher   

^I think what she meant is that if the parents aren't in their best, kids can't be expected to turn out better or held to higher standard than their parents. We do know little children imitate what's around them and if they grow up seeing the head figure, for example, chew or smoke, you can't expect the kids to not learn those bad habits. But it happens the other way as you said, good parents can sometimes end up with not so good kids.