Sign in to follow this  
oba hiloowlow

The Wagalla Massacre

Never knew that much about the massacre in 84 but what i cant understand is how the government of Siyaad barre with the strongest army in africa kept quite about this massacre? Something fishy about it..

Raamsade   

oba hiloowlow;870360 wrote:
Anybody know Why only the community get massacred?

Because they were betrayed by other communities to settle old clan scores. Sad but a recurring theme in Somali clan politics.

Carafaat   

oba hiloowlow;870360 wrote:
Anybody know Why only the community got massacred?

The commander of he Kenyan Armen Forces who committed the massacre was General Mahamud an man.

You figure out the rest.

Raamsade that's sad walahi but whats even more sadder is that 5000 of our people got killed and yet nobody gives it the attention it deserves.. These people need Justice.. A friend of mine i was talking to some minutes ago even said that Siad barre and his government were supporting this massacre..

Saalax   

AUN. In 1980 over 3 thousand people were also massacred in Garrisa also known as the Garrisa Massacre.

Kenya: Civil Servant Who Witnessed Garissa Massacre Speaks Out

The atrocity committed to Somali locals by the Kenyan government in 1980 may have retreated to the back of the minds for many, but for

Oginga Randiki, who witnessed the massacre, the event is still fresh in his mind. The incident occurred when government forces, acting ostensibly to flush out a local gangster known as Abdi Madobe, set fire to a residential estate called Bulla Kartasi, shot at people indiscriminately and raped women. They then forcefully interned the residents in a primary school for three days without food or water, resulting in over

3,000 deaths.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201103020517.html

Carafaat   

oba hiloowlow;870366 wrote:
Raamsade that's sad walahi but whats even more sadder is that 5000 of our people got killed and yet nobody gives it the attention it deserves.. These people need Justice.. A friend of mine i was talking to some minutes ago even said that Siad barre and his government were supporting this massacre..

Maybe that's why people used to call it the MOD regime.

Carafaat   

Apophis, take it easy sxb. Nobody said anything about evil groups. We are talking facts. The Wagalla massacre was committed against Somalis and led by a Somali. You can't deny that.

Saalax thanks for sharing didn't know about that will do a little research about the Garissa Massacre.

Carafaat, dowladda wagaa jirtay ee Somalia hadiiba ay arinkaan ka hadli waayeen dee waa iska caddahay their opinion about the massacre..

Carafaat   

Apophis;870382 wrote:
All true, that's why it was unnecessary to mention the man's origin as it has no bearing on the known facts. It was state action, and the Kenyan government was responsible for the massacre.

Sxb, I am sure the Kenyan goverment is to blame in the legal sence. The man's origin would have no direct relevence if all Somali communities would have been massacred, but this was not the case. Specific communities were targetted, which raised the question of Oba and the man's origin.

Kenyanka Soomalid waa uu mid Apo waligaa ogoow taas dadkaan dagoodiyaha dad kalaa ku diray don't you find it strange when even the president of Somalia at that time who had the strongest military in the whole continent of Africa were quite sxb meeshaan waxbaa ka dhacay