Sign in to follow this  
xiinfaniin

A Moment of Truth for Somali Leaders

On the 16th of this month, inauguration ceremony will be held in Mogadishu to mark the end of transition, the new president and parliament. It is expected that many regional leaders will come to Mogadishu to participate and celebrate with the Somali people. The question is will Siilaanyo of Hargeysa come to Mogadishu ? This is a moment of truth for him to rise above the narrow politics of the North. I also expect Faroole to be amongst leaders coming to the ceremony. But Faroole has done so for numerous occasions.

It is president Siilaanyo of Somaliland region that will be tested this time. It is a moment of truth.

^^It will make him small to not go when Gheelle, Prime Minister of Ethiopia, Kenyan, Uganda, and other African and Arab leaders go to Mogadishu. It will be a tragic if he misses to make the good gesture ...

This is a test like no other, Duke.

Thats in four days i don't think President Siilaanyo will come Siilaanyo hasn't set foot in xamar in 30 years and i don't think he will set foot in Somalia in a few days time. Xiinfaniin how many foreign delegates will be at the inauguration?

^^^ I agree with you, however he will insist he is equal to these men, and Somalia should not allow that. Like Faroole he can be a regional President, but he is not on the level of Uganda, Ethiopia and so on..

General Duke;868582 wrote:
^^^ I agree with you, however he will insist he is equal to these men, and Somalia should not allow that. Like Faroole he can be a regional President, but he is not on the level of Uganda, Ethiopia and so on..

^^He can move few rows to be close to the foreign leaders like he did in London. But Duke as you and I know that would not change his status :D

Xaaji Xunjuf and co,

This represents a great opportunity to do the right thing, and celebrate with your people. When Adan Cadde died, your leadership did not show respect , when Abdullaahi Yusuf died your leadership did not participate in jinaazah, but when Zenawi died you were the first to go.

Now is the time my brothers. Do the right thing, and come to Mogadishu

xiinfaniin;868589 wrote:
Xaaji Xunjuf and co,

This represents a great opportunity to do the right thing, and celebrate with your people. When Adan Cadde died, your leadership did not show respect , when Abdullaahi Yusuf died your leadership did not participate in jinaazah, but when Zenawi died you were the first to go.

Now is the time my brothers. Do the right thing, and come to Mogadishu

Not Gonna happen:D

By the way when Adan cade died President rayaale did send his condolences

Even When Cabdilahi Yusuf died President Siilaanyo did send his condolences

Inauguration of a neighbor is not that important but Siilaanyo congratulated the new president of Somalia that's enough.

Xaaji Xunjuf,

Now is the time to come home . Your leadership went to South Sudan uninvited, why not Mogadishu I ask?

Now is the time do away this cuqdad , the grudges. Now is the time to realize Macno Yare' s Hargeysa-Mogadishu alliance proposition :D. Now is the time ...

xiinfaniin;868597 wrote:
Xaaji Xunjuf,

Now is the time to come home . Your leadership went to South Sudan uninvited, why not Mogadishu I ask?

They were invited by IGAD and by the South Sudanese government by the way President Siilaanyo and John Garang were good friends.

^^But the point still stands. You went every where except Somalia. Now is the time to stop running from yourself . Now is the time to come home and celebrate with your people .

Taleexi   

General Duke;868575 wrote:
^^^I think Siilanyu is pragmatic but he would find it difficult to sell such a thing to his secessionist members...

There are well refined methodologies of dealing with misguided masses. Nixon or Sadad of Egypt move would be worth considering.