Sign in to follow this  
FatB

moderate islam

FatB   

what do you think of the word?

what does it mean to you?

do you concider yourself a moderate muslim?

Nur   

1 & Only

Its a word that reflects the trendy times, times of fusion of ideas and peoples, Globalism, mass migration and contact of contrasting ideologies, faiths and beliefs that find themselves in close proximity.

Moderate, Extreme ( Muslim) is a relativistic description of how an observer sees Islam, depending on wher she/he stands on Islam's cause itself. The Observers picture is affected by, a previous bias, knowledgebase, country of residency and its lifestyle and faith.

An observer can be:

1. Muslim

2. Non Muslim

If the observer is a Muslim, we have:

a. Very Keen to follow and apply what he/she knows

b. Moderately keen

c. Loosely realted to the faith

If the Observer is a non Muslim, we have:

a. Sympathetic to Islam's cause

b. Oblivious to religions and ideologies

c. Biased against Isalm

Now, depending on where an observer stands, A Moderate can be:

1. Person who drinks alcohol occasionally, parties and prays at times.

2. Person who does not drink alcohol, does not party, and p;rays regularly, but who is not active in any Islamic activity.

3. Person who is devoted to the cause of islam, who cares about others plight, who would extend help to the needy and poor if able, and who is active in the community.

4. A person who strives in changing the world to fit Islam, instead of changing Islam to fit the world.

Nur

2006 Courtesy of eNuri Opticians

Picture Yourself In Heaven!

Nur   

FB

The classification of Muslims as Moderates and Extremists is a timely topic, we need to agree on what Islam means to set the standards of deviation from its normal settings. Its your topic, its your call.

Nur

winnie   

islam is always on the middle path, a good muslim strives to be a moderate but its hard because i think human beings can only think in extremes... but than again it depends how long you think the stratus is... i think the prophet muhammad was a moderate, so he is (peace be upon him) what we should be measuring ourselves against. i consider myself as a muslim who is striving for moderation.

Nur   

thugged out but cant feel my feet

Somali Warlords, blooddy as their 16 years of criminal records in Somalia is, are seen as " Moderates" by the mainstream Media, While the Islamic Courts Union who gave a brilliant example of Peace for the 6 months they ruled the Country are classified as Extremists.

Nur

winnie   

uhm, im not basing what is a moderate by what the media says, but how the prophet muhammad, peace be upon him, led his life. your example has lots of wholes in it cause in some circles it is believed that the ex-war lords are running amuck within te icu and using islam as a shield. somalia isnt a good example.

Nur   

Thugged

If you base your standard on Sunnah of Prophet Muhammads SAWS, you are also an Extremist in the eyes of the Media. The Classification of Extremeist and Moderate is not found in Islamic literature, so we ae only talking about the Media here.

As for the example of the ICU and the Warlords, regardless of what side a warlord is found, warlords have a criminal record, so in a way, if an attrocity committed during the ICU era, its the Warlords, not the managing Directors of the ICU, which wa my point saaxib. Thus stil a good example of who is an extremist and moderate in the eyes of the Media that forms the opinions of people on currnet issues.

Nur