Sign in to follow this  
AfricaOwn

In Chicago, summer is ‘murder season’

Chicago murder total is higher than Iraq, so you know its real out in Chicago. This used to be my fav American city with the most beautiful waterfront. You can't go anywhere in the Southside of Chicago or you'll end up in a pine box now days. This really needs a national attention, but it hardly gets any/

The thing that makes this even more ridiculous is that Pres. Obama is damn near silent on this issue despite it being his home city. Imagine if the people being killed here were wealthier white people, he would be sending in Seal Team 6 into these projects. This is so upsetting because I actually voted for this guy, and hoped he would be minimally different than the 43 white dudes before him.

The more things change, the more they stay the same :(.

^^Chicago being Obama home city makes that situation even more ironic. Its blacks killing blacks and black leaders like Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton are all silent as well. Southside Chicago is seriously left abandoned by everyone like Detroit.

btw, The University of Chicago which is an elite school is located at the Southside :), things can't be all that bad right?

AfricaOwn;865945 wrote:
^^Chicago being Obama home city makes that situation even more ironic. Its blacks killing blacks and black leaders like Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton are all silent as well. Southside Chicago is seriously left abandoned by everyone like Detroit.

btw, The University of Chicago which is an elite school is located at the Southside
:)
, things can't be all that bad right?

The University of Southern California ( I sometimes call it Univ. of South Central) is located in South Central LA. Trust me they figure out how to create little Baghdad Green Zones around these institutions.

The silence of the black leadership is deplorable.

BoldNewSomali;866031 wrote:
The University of Southern California ( I sometimes call it Univ. of South Central) is located in South Central LA. Trust me they figure out how to create little Baghdad Green Zones around these institutions.

The silence of the black leadership is deplorable.

That's exactly how the South Campus of the University of Chicago is like :). Nobody ventures outside of the campus. You ever been to the Chicago? They were fighting London years ago for the rights to hold the Olympics. The city has a major internal issues I don't know what makes some people think about the Olympics.