Sign in to follow this  
Tillamook

Sharif was a lousy President ~ time for a New Man to take charge.

Somalia   

He had 2 prime ministers and he failed, when Abdiweli Mohamed Harvard-graduate came in, he ran the smoothest most productive government in recent history. The role of a president is to be the head of state, not head and run the government. So yes, lets give credit where credit is due.

Even though Somalia has a parliamentary system but sh sharif here and there still appointed Ministers he fired ministers he was still the commander in chief with more executive powers than cabdi cawar. Sh Sharif takes all credit even for appointing cabdi cawar eventhough cabdi cawar ended up working for faroole.

Somalia   

^^ Get outta here, why did he not achieve anything BEFORE Abdiweli Mohamed? Give credit where it is due, you are just looking pathetic for denying this to be honest.

Of course he has executive power, he's the president for God's sake, but that has nothing to do with the government.

Abdiweli succesfully did the following:

1. Implementing the road map
  2. Pushing through the constitution even Sheikh Shariif was halting it
  3. Receiving UNPOS back in Somalia
  4. Setting up the Anti-Corruption Committee
  5. Giving the power to the Technical Selection Committee (Sheikh Shariif was against)
  6. Campaigning to get Al-Shabaab charcoal banned
  7. Brain behind the post-transition road map

These are all his personal achievements. We are not mentioning every achievements during his government, just his personal. The only thing he did for Faroole is allow oil exploration, are you against that? I think you are very biased but I think it is at a level that we can't cure this puntigitis from you Xaaji. :(

lol@ implementing the road map this was entirely pushed by the international community the six signatories all took part of the so called road map and did their part of the road map.

Sheikh sharif was not halting the constitution he wanted the constitution to be completed

Setting up an anti corruption committee while being self a corrupt official:D

Mentioning the road man twice will not make his case better either:D

Somalia   

There were 2 road maps, use your brain for once. He was implementing it, the UN was overseeing it. And Sheikh Shariif didn't want the constitution the way it was, he stalled it several times while Abdiweli Mohamed said that there would be no obstructions. Also, he is not corrupt, you are jealous, never giving credit where it is due. I bet you don't like the Technical Committee either, let all the warlords in.

Here is what Said Ulusow who is very critical of the government said of his achievements. You don't like Puntland, fair enough but you also don't want to give credit to people who are from Puntland, it's so obvious it's sad waryaa.

Fellow citizens of Somalia, the aforementioned are just few of Prime Minister Dr. Abdiweli’s achievements if not the tip of the iceberg. It is therefore the moral responsibility of us (intellectuals) to enlighten our people of his achievements and most importantly depict how he is perceived by many Somalis and the international community.

Sharif is Mr. International Flights/5 Star Hotels....

The man spends more time out of the country sleeping in expensive hotels and flying 1st Class...then being in Somalia and developing political relationships with various factions in Somalia. He has no creativity and no vision. His idea of being President is having crowds cheering for him while foreign dignitaries greet him. There really isn't much going on in his brain at all...and I'm being kind here.

He hasn't done as much as he should have. Men such as Abdiweli Ali have done far more for the country in a lot less time

Somalia has a shortage of:

1. Competent Men

2. Honest Men

And Sheikh Sharif is neither Competent ....nor is he honest. He has no principles and Somalia deserves better then having men like him be our President

Apophis;863341 wrote:
Let's just hope he settles all his plane rental bills before he leaves otherwise the country will be extra broke. Pay your bills bruv!

The guy with the best profitable business in Soomaaliya, especially in Xamar, these past few years is the owner of diyaaradaha yar yar ay hor iyo gadaal u raacaan. He keeps very low profile. He is doing that for a reason.

STOIC   

Hate or love him this man reinvented himself many times, but this time so far the plain is leveled and the man with the best clan coalition will be the new leader.I saw a YouTube clip of speakers election and it was fair and transparent.No one can contend that the election was biased once the results is announced if everything is conducted like the speakers election.The tide of Somalia is undergoing a new cycle of fresh life.YOu must be in denial if you think somaliland is part of the future new government.Somaliland issues will be dealt with once a stable clean government is functioning in Somalia. Somaliland will act as a bay for the new Somalia tide for now lool...am really impressed with the progress even if I still think low of the make-believe parliament

Hate or love him this man reinvented himself many times, but this time so far the plain is leveled and the man with the best clan coalition will be the new leader.

Wrong. Qabiil waa dhamaaday. The man with the best $$$, who can pay top dollars to the vast majority of the new xildhibaano, ayaa helaayo and for now Shariifka is. The other Shariif was the closest, but he is not competing now. Some of these xildhibaano invested and paid dear in their seats in order to get the best dividends from it, qabiil iyo waxaas shuqulkooda ma'aha. Days like Siteembar 10th (selection day) is what they are there for, who will pay them the most. Eebbe ayaa Soomaali u maqan.

STOIC   

Mm, if what you are saying is true then I think Somalia has matured within one month of election fever, but hard to believe that...unaccustomed to the rigor of election politics I doubt clan will have nothing to do with the selection of next president.

Odey   

Xaaji Xunjuf;863192 wrote:
He achieved allot when we talk about the TFG for the first time xamar is under one entity Alshabaab were removed from several towns and cities all over central and southern Somalia under his reign. He started training thousands of Somali troops he appointed capable governors and mayors in Mogadishu and freed cities from Alshabaab. Where cabdiqasim failed where cabdilahi Yusuf failed Sh sharif succeeded and you have to admit that.

I beg to differ Brother and I am on the ground and have been the past 15 months. He doesnt know a thing about Presidency and is confused. Let me explain how the government works and how the work is shared. The president's role constitutionally is to look good and present whatever the "council of Ministers" bring up. Reason?, because they are the Government, he is simply a figure head as per the constitution or even the previous charter. Let me explain all that Shariif has been doing the past 4 years. He spent the first two years figuring out how the Flush system of the toilet he inherited works, the next year trying to understand the intricacies of international diplomacy(which he still hasnt understood), and the third & fourth stealing everything he could find that wasnt bombed out or under heavy Amisom Guard. The international support which you insist he has and the proof of pictures you provide brother is misguided. The pictures are a Head of State visiting another country. Protocol dictates he receive such a welcome and is not an indication of support. the same applies to visitors he receives in his Country. Actually and suprisingly, his office never arranges anything, but rather the Prime Minister's office (the Government/xukumadda) and they brief him and even train him on what to say on the hour. If you sat with any of the chaps that have the unfortunate role of carrying this sad job for the nation, you will be shocked at his ignorance. The things he asks for when dignitaries come will make you cringe!. In short, The nation is keeping this fool's dignity intact simply because he just so happens he occupies the office of the President. It is the office that is being respected but not the joker in it. Lets not forget all around him are his closest of relatives and is probably the one office that is wholly staffed by one sub/sub/sub/sub clan in the entire Government. I have visited both Sakin and Gaas offices many times as well for work and they have better mix particularly Gaas office that has the smallest number of clan groups . the same applies to the ministries, But not Sharif, his is quite different and the moment you walk in that office you have to justify why you came to the office since you arent his sub/sub/sub/sub/sub clan. This is the reality on the ground Yaa Alxaaji Xanjuf.

Before I forget.......he never achieved any of these things you attribute to him. The key ministers and the PM achieved this. Shabaab was licked by Hussein Arab,Diini & Amisom. He was actually never involved in the workload. Internationally The PM was the Master in this and also the fact that he maintained a working team for the longest time including keeping Shariif in check. Give credit where credit is due brother.

Miyir   

Odey;863410 wrote:
I beg to differ Brother and I am on the ground and have been the past 15 months. He doesnt know a thing about Presidency and is confused. Let me explain how the government works and how the work is shared. The president's role constitutionally is to look good and present whatever the "council of Ministers" bring up. Reason?, because they are the Government, he is simply a figure head as per the constitution or even the previous charter. Let me explain all that Shariif has been doing the past 4 years. He spent the first two years figuring out how the Flush system of the toilet he inherited works, the next year trying to understand the intricacies of international diplomacy(which he still hasnt understood), and the third & fourth stealing everything he could find that wasnt bombed out or under heavy Amisom Guard. The international support which you insist he has and the proof of pictures you provide brother is misguided. The pictures are a Head of State visiting another country. Protocol dictates he receive such a welcome and is not an indication of support. the same applies to visitors he receives in his Country. Actually and suprisingly, his office never arranges anything, but rather the Prime Minister's office (the Government/xukumadda) and they brief him and even train him on what to say on the hour. If you sat with any of the chaps that have the unfortunate role of carrying this sad job for the nation, you will be shocked at his ignorance. The things he asks for when dignitaries come will make you cringe!. In short, The nation is keeping this fool's dignity intact simply because he just so happens he occupies the office of the President. It is the office that is being respected but not the joker in it. Lets not forget all around him are his closest of relatives and is probably the one office that is wholly staffed by one sub/sub/sub/sub clan in the entire Government. I have visited both Sakin and Gaas offices many times as well for work and they have better mix particularly Gaas office that has the smallest number of clan groups . the same applies to the ministries, But not Sharif, his is quite different and the moment you walk in that office you have to justify why you came to the office since you arent his sub/sub/sub/sub/sub clan. This is the reality on the ground Yaa Alxaaji Xanjuf.

Before I forget.......he never achieved any of these things you attribute to him. The key ministers and the PM achieved this. Shabaab was licked by Hussein Arab,Diini & Amisom. He was actually never involved in the workload. Internationally The PM was the Master in this and also the fact that he maintained a working team for the longest time including keeping Shariif in check. Give credit where credit is due brother.

Oday

thanks, I knew our president was joker but not these bad. XX is simply excited how incompetent Sharif is and hopes it will lead to achieving the ever elusive promised dreamland.

Odey   

Miyir;863412 wrote:
Oday

thanks, I knew our president was joker but not these bad. XX is simply excited how incompetent Sharif is and hopes it will lead to achieving the ever elusive promised dreamland.

My pleasure brother, Just wanted to set the record straight.