Sign in to follow this  
Coofle

Faq.ash

Jacpher   

There is no need to bring about old hateful labels or words used to target innocent lives. There is no educating behind murdering innocent people because they deemed to fit a certain category. It could mean the sweetest thing on earth but it holds one of the ugliest episodes in the country as others said. The oldest trick in the book, divide, categorize, and group them to rule them.

Coofle   

I guess still we are not ready to discuss such a taboo. The writer intended to entertain in a rather humorous way!.

For Somali literature admirers I think they would appreciate my effort to clarify the meaning of the word...

For those felt offended I apologize , at the end of the day, I myself is a "Fa.qash" !! according the current definition.

STOIC   

Mm what about bajaaq? Thought that word was funny when the youth used it.

Ps honestly the word FAQ.ash is offensive when reer waqoyii used it..I understand originally it was meant for Siyad soldiers, but some ignorant fool changed the use of the word

The term Faqsh originates Hargaisa city in the late 80s, by then majority of the former Government solders were Somali Bantus from southern Somalia reer Hargeisa called them Faqsh and later JB and Co some how associated the term to D block ! I don't know why?.

gooni   

Qoyaan maahan qalaylna maahan waa qubka mooska,

Cayba uma eka markaad u fiirsato macna ahaan tan kale reer hargaysa waa dad soo dhawayn fiican sida amxaarada mana cay badna waa reer burco kuwa usha garabka saarta.