Sign in to follow this  
Alpha Blondy

Well Done To Xamar and Xamaris. I'm So Sorry For Calling Your Country a Hell-Hole and Backward!

RedSea   

Alpha Blondy: Sorry I don't mean to be rude but I always thought you were female member. But anyways, we have nothing but love for the people of Xamar. They have suffered long enough, time for them to lead normal life.

I can't wait to visit Xamar and swim in Liido beach or take a long walk along the serene beach of Jaziira. Insha Allah.

RedSea;862539 wrote:
Alpha Blondy: Sorry I don't mean to be rude but I always thought you were female member. But anyways, we have nothing but love for the people of Xamar. They have suffered long enough, time for them to lead normal life.

I can't wait to visit Xamar and swim in Liido beach or take a long walk along the serene beach of Jaziira. Insha Allah.

its the them and us mentality i cant literally stomach these days. identity is defined by where you belong and it just so happens that my latest yearning is xamar. you cant fault me for this. quite clearly, my brother, you have issues which has resulted in your hate and resentment towards xamar. i suggest you change this mentality.

LANDER   

Tallaabo;862735 wrote:
^^ Just because you started to fancy Xamar nowadays does not mean others hate it. It is you who is confused Mr Alpha.

^lol you nailed it let's hope Alpha takes it in

I'm off to Dar es salaam/ Zanizibar/Arusha and Mogadisho in early 2013. Inshallah cannae wait. First time in the capital. I'll be hosted by some great Xamari friends. Look forward to posting some pics but its primarily a business trip. I commend my brother Alpha on his change of heart.

Juxa   

I keep telling them the term XAMARI are banaadiri people.

tut tut tut, i just hope umadan dont go to xamar and call everyone XAMARI wallee ilko badan sacabada walagu qaadaa

RedSea   

Alpha Blondy;862694 wrote:
its the
them
and
us
mentality i cant literally stomach these days. identity is defined by where you belong and it just so happens that my latest yearning is xamar. you cant fault me for this. quite clearly, my brother, you have issues which has resulted in your hate and resentment towards xamar. i suggest you change this mentality.

You're a wierd person. And I'm the one with issues? lol ok blondy.

raula   

Archdemos;862793 wrote:
I'm off to Dar es salaam/ Zanizibar/Arusha and Mogadisho in early 2013. Inshallah cannae wait. First time in the capital. I'll be hosted by some great Xamari friends. Look forward to posting some pics but its primarily a business trip. I commend my brother Alpha on his change of heart.

oh so jealous :D do post pic Arch plz.

Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar;862851 wrote:
To the confused lot: Residents of Xamar are not called
Xamari
. Xamari, aka Reer Xamar, aka Banaadiri, is a clan and ethnic group's name. Yes, they do primarily live in Xamar.

Juxa;862905 wrote:
I keep telling them the term XAMARI are banaadiri people.

tut tut tut, i just hope umadan dont go to xamar and call everyone XAMARI wallee ilko badan sacabada walagu qaadaa

OK - we get what Not to call them for the sake of our teeth if nothing else - but we are still nonerthewiser for what to call them?? :D

waar sayid,

there appears to be subtle nuanced biases to both to juxa (indigenous xamari but being politically correct) and MMA (non-xamari - based on my observations lol) refusing to accept the truth and reality on the ground. the term must be used interchangeably with a resident of xamar. what do you call a resident of xamar these days? lol. i think its legitimate to call them xamari because we can't call them something entirely different and be crude as per the SOL rules. the original xamaris are almost extinct and live in small scattered communities along the coast. the rest have sought refuge in portugal due to their 'alleged' portugese ancestry. good riddance, indeed. i was merely hailing the new xamaris or should that be neo-xamari people because these are the people who have inherited the city now and it belongs to them and them alone. these are the people i recognise as xamari.

He thinks Xamaris 'Burtuqiiska' inay kasoo jeedaan. Reer Xamar, Xamariga, Banaadiriga, Burtuqiis kama soo jeedin, ee Yeman iyo Iiraan kasoo faractameen, qaarkoodna Soomaali isirkooda ahaa oo adiga kaa Soomaalisanyihiin.

The so-called 'Burtuqiis' kasoo jeedo aad moodid waa Barawaaniga and they are not Burtuqiis descendants, either. It is a complete rubbish myth. Burtuqiiska never landed or lived in Koonfurta Soomaaliya. Soomaalida repelled against them the few times they tried to land in Baraawe and other environs close. Some Barawaanis, aka Reer Baraawe, Reer Cumaan wax u galaan faracooda, same like some who can be found in Sansibaar and Bambaasa nowadays.

So familiarize these terms with yourself:

Xamari = Reer Xamar, Banaadiri

Barawaani = Reer Baraawe