Sign in to follow this  
AfricaOwn

Thanks to Jac and his people, Abaarso Tech is on the verge of closing

Jonathan and his team are not happy. The sore loser Ahmed Isseh got his clan members involved after he was told to sit aside, and now they created some mess.

Blessed   

Can you provide something a bit more substantial on this story? Link to a news piece, perhaps?

p.s You mean Alpha and his people? Our Jacaylbaro is every tol. :)

Ibtisam   

To be honest I blame all this on Jonathan, really, it is beyond madness his logic. The man comes to country on a invite of a friend he later falls out on. Makes a deal with him- notice HIM not government or even CLAN. Him and the man fight. In the mean time Jonathan goes and lives in Abaraso and makes little effort to get to know or become involved with the community he serves and its government. He makes few friends with big business men- mainly for funding purposes and they see his good heart and cause and give him lots of contribution. Then when trouble starts he runs around getting random advise from here and there- trying to do all that he should've been doing in the first place- which is legal papers, friends in top places and some allegiances. Even then he is only partly doing this- the rest of the time he is stitting in Mansoor moaning I am a good man- why is this happening- what is wrong with these people, how come no one is supporting us!! WELL Jonathan the majority of people dont know and even if they hear it in passing they dont care because they dont know what you are doing, you've never explained, you never networked, you never got the people on your side. They would've been the first to say- Pis^S off with this clan nonsense- this guy is doing a national service for our kids.

The Isseh guy is a money hungry self interest loser. Clearly he is in the wrong. But in Somali RIGHT and WRONG do not matter- it is who is on your side and how well you can argue your case.

On a side note; Jonathan is not leaving Somaliland nor is Abarso closing. The man is driven, passionate and n idealist, he will just go and acquire another site, another school and make sure he does it right this time and not repeat his mistake.

Ibstisam,

Your post is totally bs, please stop speculating and spreading rumors during the month of Ramadan (at least).

1. "the man comes to country on a invite of a friend he later falls out on"

Ahmed Isseh is a nobody, and was nobody. Jonathan was persuaded by his uncle from New York who is originally from Erigavo to make an investment in Somaliland. His uncle connected him to Ahmed Isseh who he was a friend with.

2. Jonathan puts up his own money to construct the school in a area that some would say is dominated by the Ahmed Isseh sub-clan (Jac people). Ahmed Isseh was always a tool they needed to be a mouth piece. Jonathan had a numerous stakeholders to be part of the board of directors. He also had a lot of good connections in the tr-state area (US) who helped him with the funds that helped Abaarso Tech become the most innovative school (First Large Scale Wind Turbine in the Horn of Africa)

3. They wanted to get rid of Ahmed Isseh at last, he complains and riles up his sub-clan. The ****** minister of education didn't help, the politicians all played the clan-game as well.

Jonathan and his uncle is only guilty of building the school at that location, they should have just went to Burco or else where.

Ibtisam   

AfricaOwn. Nothing you said disagrees with my post- other than inserting your uncle, who from what I understand is only related via marriage to Jon.

But since your uncle has no power in Abarso, nor Jonathan made any new helpful connections. The mouth piece got greedy and started to bite. As for the board of directors, When I was semi involved there were only 8, 4 of them business people, who really did not want the trouble or bad publicity.

Their guilty is building something and basing it on an individual. No point crying about it, Burco would be just the same if he puts all his eggs in one basket.

P.s. I dont need to speculate nor spread rumors- I live here unlike you in your pretty far with your clan shades on. I said the exact same thing to Jonathan a number of times; Get new connections, get the public on your side. Connections in the US is helpful- but he needs locals to make it happen. Understand that while you foam at the mouth mate.

Ramadan Mubarak.

^^^ You said: "the man comes to country on a invite of a friend he later falls out on" And that's a lie Ms.

" I live here unlike you in your pretty far with your clan shades on" YOU do not know ANYTHING about this matter and I can honestly say I know more about this issue than you from across the Atlantic. Typical Somali, you probably gave him fake smiles, shook his hand, and here you are talking all this silly stuff about him online.

Ibtisam   

Now who is speculating...

As always it is pointless engaging with you in any sort of dialogue because everything is that clan and my uncle.

Sure dear adiga uunba wax oog. :D

Somalia   

But if one Habar gets the upper hand of another Habar will a 3rd Habar break it up, forcing a 4th to fight her cause she intervened?

That's the real question at hand here.

ElPunto   

Interesting. As a foreigner this Jonathan individual will find it extremely hard to know who to befriend and who to trust. I'm not surprised by this. What I do dislike is this habit of stirring up clannis(?) trouble because 2 ppl have a conflict. Ultimately a place has to have laws and courts that resolve problems and rules should be clear and not subject to reer hebel pressure or whims. It's the task of the Somaliland government to ensure this is the case particularly with a high profile success story like this one.