Sign in to follow this  
Xafsa

Common Practices.

Xafsa   

What are the things that my fellow nomads do when they feel like their Imaan is dhaciif, or when you go thru some hardships?

Just so that we can exchange ideas and learn from one another.

peace and luv

I am feeling this topic :( therefore any suggestions folks?

Alhamd-lilah to pray helps but also to seek knowledge of tawheed cause at the end of the day tawheed is first on the agenda for all the Muslims.

The shaytaan naclatu-Allaah is always on duty,day and night shifts, trying to misguide us. But as long as we dont fall to shirk we have a chance.

salam alaykom.

Mujahid over and out smile.gif

Xafsa   

For me when I start to feel like life is hopeless and jahannama seems nearer to me than jannah. I pray two rakacas and read the first few aayas of surah al-mu'minuun. It seems to help me.

Its also very important to read the qur'an everyday...and do it right after fajr prayers if you can.

When some tragedy befalls me or my family this Hadith usually helps:

On the authority of Abdullah bin Abbas, who said : One day I was behind the prophet and he said to me:

"Young man, I shall teach you some words [of advice] : Be mindful of Allah, and Allah will protect you. Be mindful of Allah, and you will find Him in front of you. If you ask, ask of Allah; if you seek help, seek help of Allah. Know that if the Nation were to gather together to benefit you with anything, it would benefit you only with something that Allah had already prescribed for you, and that if they gather together to harm you with anything, they would harm you only with something Allah had already prescribed for you. The pens have been lifted and the pages have dried."

Narrated by Termithi, who said it is true and fine hadith

In a version other than that of Tirmithi it reads:

"..Be mindful of Allah, you will find Him before you. Get to know Allah in prosperity and He will know you in adversity. Know that what has passed you by was not going to befall you; and that what has befallen you was not going to pass you by. And know that victory comes with patience, relief with affliction, and ease with hardship."

peace and luv

Khayr   

Salaamz,

You know me and a friend of mine where talking

the other day and we were talkin about summer time

and how our ibadah just drops.

The summer is fun and the weather is warm

and the women are out in the plenty in the streets.

Its funny but its sooo true, when the weather is nice, you want to shorten your ibadah to go outside and chill with friends. Talk and reminisce with them.

Fall and Winter come around , and its cold to go outside, so we stay inside huddled up and now,

we give time to Allah cause there's nothing to do outside , everybody else is in their homes so the masjids becomes the 'hotspot'.

U agree???

I know I can relate cause this is what I have experienced.

(What I also noticed on SOL, is no one really posts on the ISLAM FORUM since the weather has become warmer and the IRAQ war has cooled off!!!

ISLAM-Part Time Hobby???)

Fi Amanallah

Modesty   

Asalaamu Alaykum everyone :D ,

I listen to islamic audio lectures, talk about Islamic issues with my ppl, and read my Dr.Thomas Irving(Al-Hajj Talim) english translation of the Holy Quran, and if I have time I like to think about life,and why we are here on earth.That helps when my iman is going downhill.

Khayr-Summer is the time we mostly sin.It must be something in the air,hmmm :rolleyes:

Flying still,

I pray to ALLAH (s.a.w). Think of it this way..all our hardships in this life is a test, so ALLAH (s.a.w.) meant for us to go through this passage. When I remember that (even though it's hard at times)...that realization makes me feel better!

Khayr,

Originally posted by Khayr:

[QB] and the women are out in the plenty in the streets.

Bruh, maybe you feel like your ibadah is low in the summer time. That is your perogative really. However, I don't like the way you phrased the above sentense as if to say that women being out in the "plenty" is the cause of your low ibadah. I really don't like when muslim men refer to women in such mannerism..and I don't think Allah (s.a.w.) would be too pleased with that either. if you feel like women wearing less in the summer bothers you, then follow what ALLAH (s.a.w.) has instructed you to do ..and LOWER YOUR GAZE.

ya feel me?

Khayr   

Opinionated

ya feel me?

NO,

Opinionated

How about this, go back to the kitchen

and finish up the dishes

and please stop burning the chaax/chai/tea

get it right this time, even if u

have to break a nail and burn more than 10 calories.

(I know how much u love too do housework!)

I could get real nasty with u

but I won't or should I-hmmmm?

N.O.R.F   

khar i can relate to that bruv, in summer time i c myself just 'chillin', enjoying the weather, before u know yr iman has become weak without u realising it. 1 remedy that works 110% of the time, TURN OFF MY PHONE,

N.O.R.F   

khar i can relate to that bruv, in summer time i c myself just 'chillin' wid da boys, enjoying the weather, before u know it yr iman has become weak without u realising it. One remedy that works 110% of the time, TURN OFF MY PHONE, read quran, visit family and generaly relax then i find myself doin this routine more evenings than not!

Raxmah   

Asalamu alaikum

I really dont know how changes in the weather could have effect on someones faith, but I guess there are a few.

As to what I do when it feels like my ibadah is weak, turn to allah. Pray as much as I can, and reading the quran on a daily basis had a profound effect on me.

Khayr I dont know, but I think u can give a better response than that. Besised why are u gettin rude, u really dont have a good reason.

and finish up the dishes

Opinionated is right blaming girls walkin half naked on the streets is not really a good excuse to use for having low ibadat, either lower your gaze as you are ordred to do or stay inside the house.

Originally posted by Khayr:

Opinionated
quote: ya feel me?

NO,

Opinionated

and finish up the dishes

acuudi billah mina sheydani rajiim....ignorance ignorance ignorance

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

she told u the right thing i dont see y u jump on and talk about irrelevant stuff...uuuuf :mad:

anywayz flying still abaayo...read quran,listen and pray and talk to about islam with friends and before u know it u will be back on track ;)

Nur   

Flying Still

Answer to your question is covered on this article I posted a while back, but it is in Somali, please find someone to translate for you.

The Joy of Iman

Macaanka iimaanka

Walaal

Haddaad mar hore dhadhamisay macaanka iimaanka, laakin aad waayahan dareemi la'dayhay, ogow inaad ka tagtay wax wanaagsan ood sameyn jirtay, oo ku dhadhansiiyey macaanka iimaankaas. Qoraalkan waxaan ugu tala galay sidii marlabaad aad usoo ceshan leheyd macaanka imaanka eed soo dhadhamisay.

Maanta waxaan halkan is xasuusineynaa sidii aan ku hanan laheyn macaanka iimaanka haddaan marlabaad ku guuleysanno inaan dhadhamino, iyo sidaan ku xaqiijin laheyn macaankaas.

Dadka bartay cabbidda khamriga, ama daroogada oo dhadhansada , wexey ku dadaalaan sidey mar walba dareenkaas u heli lahaayeen, wexeyna u huraan wax walba si ay dareenkaas u gaadhaan ayagoo og inuu u jar ka tuurayo, ama inuu halaagayo.

Waxaa kaloo la soo wariyey in Bilaal Ibnu Rabaax, Mu'addinka Rasuulka SAWS la wareystay sababta uu ugu adkeystay oo uu ugu sabray iimaankiisa cadaabta lagu caddibay bacaadka Makka ee kulul, wuxuu ku jawaabay: " Waxaan isku daray xanuunka cadaabta iyo macaanka iimaanka, waxaa soo dul martay macaanka iimaanka" taasoo macnaheedu yahay, in macaanka iimaanka haduu qofku dhab ahaan u dhadhamiyo, inuu wax walba siisanayo, maxaa yeelay Allah ayaa ka iibsaday muminiinta naftooda iyo maalkooda oo ka iibiyay Janno. Hadaba, qofkii ay u dhabowdo macaanka iimaank, wuxuu helay jannadii adduunka sidii uu yidhii Sheikh Ibnu Taymia markii lagu xidhay xabbiskii Qalcada " Haddii la i xidho, waan khalweyn, xasuusta Allah iyo cibaadadiisa ayaan waqti u heli, haddiii la dhoofiyo, waan jihaadi, haddii la i dilo, waa shahhidnimo, Jannadeydu wexey iigu taallaa laabteyda, cadowgeygu maxey igu fali?"

Mar uu Rasuulku SAWS wareystay nin saxaabi ah " Maxaad ku barisay?" ninkii saxaabiga ahaa wuxuu ku jawaabay " waxaan ku ku bariistay muumin-nimo", markaasuu Rasuulku SAWS yidhi, maxaa muujinaya iimaankaaga?" ninkii saxaabiga ahaa wuxuu yidhi " waxaa ii muuqda reer jannaadkii oo isa soo salaamaya, waxaa ii muuqda ahlu naarkii oo is eedaya" rasuulkii Allah SAWS wuxuu markaa ku yidhi ninkii, " Waad haleeshayee, ee ku mitid"

rasuulku wuxuu kaloo tilmaamay iimaanka " wax qalbiga ku jira oo uu dhabeeyo waxa la sameeyo"

Hadaba waxaad is warsaneysaa, sidee baan iimaan ku helnaa, dabadeedna u hanannaa?

Jawaabtu wexey ku xidhan tahay hadba qiimaha uu kula leeyahay iimaanka, taasoo keensaneysa howshaad ku gaadhi leheyd iimaankaas. Waxaa lagu hantaa iimaanka:

1. Sabirka : Allah SWT wuxuu yidhi " Kuwa sabraa, waxaa la siiyaa ajarkooga xisaab la'aan"

2. Ixtisaab: oo macnehhedu yahay in waxaad sameysneyso OO DHAN aad ku raadineyso wajiga Allah oo qudha

3, Ducada: Taasoo ah qallbiga cibaadada

4. Soonka Sunnada ah; ( Khamis, iyo isniin, iyo maalmaha caddaha ah, lixda shawaal, carafa, caashuuraa)

5. Quraankoo la khatimo bil walba hal jeer ( salaad walaboo la akhriyo afar bog)

6. Salaadaha oo loo dhakso loogu dhaksado ( Tabkiir bacdal aadaan oo kaa saaraya munaafiqiinta)

7. Ilaalinta sunnooyinka Rawaatibta ah. ( guri janno ayaa laguugu dhisaa)

8. Ku dadaalidda labada rakcdood ee Salaadda barqaha ( duxaa, taasoo xubnahaaga ka bixineysa sadaqada)

9. Ku dadaal maalinkii oo dhan inaad ku sugnaatid weysoqab, ( caajiska iyo sheitaanka ayey kaa fogeysaa)

10. Ku dadaaal labada rakcadood oo sunnada ah aadaanka dabadiis

11. Ku dadaalidda adkaarta subaxa iyo kuwa fiidka ( Faaiido cajiib badan ayaan ka dhaxlay)

12. Labo rakcadood oo intaadan seexanin aad tukato ayadood u niyeyesato Qiyaamulleil

13. Akhrinta Quraanka iyo ku cibro qaadashada sheekooyinkiisa

14. Sunnada habeenkii ee Shafciga iyo watriga

15. Habeenkii intaadan seexan ood is xisaabisid ( maxaan maanta korosaday, maxaan khasaaray, maxaa iga dhiman?)

16. Dambi dhaaf ood Allah ka bariso si joogto ah.

17. Ku fakaridda uunka Allah iyo yaabkiisa ( abuurka cirka iyo cajaaibta dhulka)

18. Qalbiga oo laga meydho ( dhaqo) cudurrada ( xasadka, dakanaha iwm)

19. Dadkood ugu yeedho waxaad aaminsantahay ( Taasoo iimaanka si weyn u kordhisa)

20. Macsida Allah oo laga tago ( macsidu wexey nusqaamisaa iimaanka)

21. Waalidka oo baarri loo noqdo.

22. Qaraabada soke ( rixinka) oo la xidhiidhiyo ( loo kaalmeeyo, lagana warhayo)

Nur

Raxma and Salafi, thanks guys!

Khayr,

Bruh, excuse me but where in my post was I rude? Straight-forward and not beating around the busy - maybe...but disagreeing with you is Rude? lol

I mean I understand why you feel that women in the kitchen, barefoot and pregnant..cause maybe that's how you've been raised, or maybe picked it up from the streets..but do not.. I REPEAT ...do NOT talk to me in a degrading manner as you have done!

capiche?

Xafsa   

Nur thank you for that article. I wonder though...if I have come off to you as someone that doesn't read or understand somali? :confused:

Khayr(maybe not) Walaal xanaaqa ku haayo culeeys badanaa. Sheydaanka iska naar!!