Sign in to follow this  
Carafaat

Family Gossip

Carafaat   

Like every Somali I have a large distant family. They are spread over several countries, see eachother once a year during weddings, funerals. In the mean time they do nothing else then gossip about eachother on the telephone.

They gossip mostly about eachother and there is a gossip about everyone of them. For years I have been lucky not to be any target of family gossips. I hardly see them, I never visit them in the UK or Canada and avoid them as much as possible. to keep the peace so to say. That has changed since recently. Lately my distant family has been gossiping that I am a Somaliweynist, friends with ****** and oppose Somaliland. These are vicious lies spread by Xaaji Xunjuf among my 50 year old aunties in the UK. The gossip has spread across countries and even continents. One of my aunties called my uncle in Hargeysa and my uncle called my mother to confirm if her son became a follower of Afweynism.

Discussing politics with my family is not easy. Their political support is based on subclan lineage, they support either Wadani, UDHIS, UDUB, Kulmiye, Ucid, Umada depending on their sub-sub clan. And sometimes it tends to change like some went from Ucid to Wadani, others from Udub to Ucid depending on who is heading the party. So explaining them my position and beliefs is neither an option, it would only fuel their wild gossips and irrelevent political debates.

. Some of my cousins even called me a treasanous Afweynist who supports those who bombed Hargeysa. So I decided to debunk these lies, by destracting them

I called my single mother divorced niece, who is known to be one of the masters gossipers in the UK, plays a leading role in the meetings of tolka and who organizes every Somaliland, Udub or tolka party. I told her that my white Dutch girlfriend might be pregnant and asked her for advice what to do? Two days later my mother called and asked me if I had conceived a baby this year with a Dutch women!

This gossips changed from disgust about their treasounus Afweynist cousin to concerns and even sympathy about their mixed race son raised by a Dutch women.

I do love families! they are so irrational :D

Why do you care what they think of you. Just say i'm a Somaliweyn supporter so what and if you got problems it's your problem not mine live with it. Carafaat make a firm decision and don't be hopping from one group to another group that is not cool.

My family never talks about qabil let alone act upon it. They don't even care which qabil I would end up with. I don't discriminate nobody based on qabil.

When did this pregnant girlfriend fall out of the sky?! Howcome I don't know about this?! :mad:

Ps hoezo antwoord je niet terug op mijn bericht!

Ms MoOns   

I guess people gossip to keep themselves entertained, truthful or not, people will spread them.

It's easier said than done to not just care about. I would find it quite annoying.

Trek je er niks van aan carafaat!

Carafaat   

Blue,my distant familie talks of nothing else then clan, politics and marriage issue's.

I donkt care about their political opinion, but I don't to discuss politics with ignorent people. And its not nice when your cousin calls you f*q*sh.

So I spread a rumour about myself. There is no real dutch mixed race baby. I made it up. :D

Carafaat i feel you i had this time i was living my life clubbing, travelling to different continents had a cadaan girlfriend oh my hell broke loose, all my relatives had different stories about my life war sheekadu waxey gaartay Caliyaale a little tuulo in the shabelle regions, soomaalida gacan aan uu tagay haters waaye

Carafaat;851953 wrote:
Blue,my distant familie talks of nothing else then clan, politics and marriage issue's.

I donkt care about their political opinion, but I don't to discuss politics with ignorent people. And its not nice when your cousin calls you f*q*sh.

So I spread a rumour about myself. There is no real dutch mixed race baby. I made it up.
:D

Carafaat don't you got a mouth put it to use and strike back. Don't just sit there and let him call you that nasty word. Well don't discuss politics with them then and make it clear. One can't have a political discussion with itself right you need a second person for that so whatever you do don't talk about it.

Spreading shocking rumours about yourself won't fix the problem it will divert it for a lil bit but then they gonna forget that and come back to the politics again. Speak up about it and let them know how you feel about it that's the only way to solve your problem! Don't follow your family if they are qabilists.

Ik weet genoeg over jou klop niet meer aan bij mij!

ElPunto   

Carafaat;851953 wrote:

Sounds like you here on SOL - what is the problem you have with your family again? :D

Coofle   

To make sure you are out of family gossips, just make sure to do the following

1- Avoid communication of any form ...... Emails, phones, Texts, Even Meeting.....Be a Ghost...If they don't know they never tell.

2-Avoid Major changes in your life style,,,Marriage, Relationships,,,,, Be a constant person,,If you never change you are not interesting.

(((When I get married I am pretty sure I will be the Headline gossip for at least a year due the reckless things I am about to do!!! someone gotta break the old somali rules.))))

3-Never tell anything about your private life...If you never tell they never know...

Carafaat   

Oba, waa runta Somalidu. qofka ka mashquula ayee ku mashquulan. maybe we should give them more attention.

Blue, reerka ha igu dirin dee. cidiyo ku dagalan lama gali karo islaamo waa weyn. Only thing I can do is get their distract them with a shocking story and get their sympathy wax fahan.Adigu waad ku boodi leheed. I am not a fighter Blue, I am a lover. :D

ElPunto, the apple doesnt fall far from the three. ayaa la yiri. only diffrence is, they talk about sub-sub-sub-sub clan level, that is so boring. bahasho anigu kor ayaan u qaada, xaga sara ayaan geeya. waan ka dhalay Duriyada, Irirka, Somalida, bin Cushitic ayaan mariyaa.

Coofle, good advice. specially the first and second one, but the third I disagree. If you dont tell them something, they will dig for something. War reer keygu waa reer Bari, reer Galbeedka qawoow ee amaanka isa siiya ayaa mooday. war kuwani xad iyo xuduud ma kala laha. :D

dearest arafat, you must be very careful to protect your sharaf. once its tainted its gone forever. you must have an impeccable sharaf and must work very hard to maintain this.