Sign in to follow this  
Nudawn

Salama calaikum

Wadani   

^ Bluelicious, it's not uncommon for people to do that. I myself have been a resident lurker for a long time before i joined the forum too.

Nudawn   

Wadani;847182 wrote:
Nudawn walaal, we are even more amazing than the nothern Arabs, because many of their dialects are not mutually intelligable, while all af-maxaa tiri speakers from Djibouti to ras kaamboni can understand eachother no problem, and it would probably take only a few months for one of them to pick up af-may.

The Arab world you see today is a heterogeneous mix of ethnicities and cultures. Arabs from the gulf don't understand a lick of what an Arab from morocco says lol.

I'm offended at how the May-May language is completely ignored in our country though. The speakers of May are Somali and they deserve more respect then to be completely ignored

Wadani hmm okay if you say so. I guess you did that to get to know the forum a bit in general right.

wyre;847181 wrote:
Yes, And The Most Respected Guys In SOL Are

Xaaji Xunjuf

Nin yaaban

Showqi

Abwaan

Ngonge

:D
:D

Where are the women?

As for being a homogeneous group here is the catch because the Somalis are all the same they all do the same thing maanta hadaan tukaan kabaha ibiya furto mid ba iga ag furanayo garan mayo war adigu tukaan caanaha ibiyo furo.

Nudawn Somalidu Mijjo iyo Madax ma ka la laha wa wada Amiir and they are all nomads marka laga reebo inta yar eeh beeraha fallata.

The same as the Arabs but the problem is the Arabs beri bay heshiiyeen oo waxay ku heshiiyeen inanay heshiin. The same as the Somalida for example Somaliland iyo Somalia ayaa la yidhi way wada hadlayaan hada 2 weeg waxay ka hadlayeen uun in la wada hadlo:D

Somalia   

Don't tell him welcome, I've seen his username at the bottom of the screen a lot, I even wanted to write "Nudawn is watching us all" as I do with a lot of them. :D

Laziness is another big factor on the demise of the nation, we all want what we don't work for, as XX said the country is rich in minerals and all sorts of resources, but.... our people are just there to observe.

Nudawn, I think we don't need to drag those rivers from the south as the northern regions have their own dry rivers, plenty of them, these dry rivers carry billions of metric cubic of water every year in the rainy seasons, sadly wasted to the sea, our people don't have the motivation to block those water and make man made dams or reservoirs. Laziness is another killer in our society.

Nudawn   

Xaaji Xunjuf;847184 wrote:
Not really there are enough resources fishery oil gas rivers bananas but even with all those resources it doesn't really matter Somalia needs start proper industry in the country invest in human resources that's the best way forward. Somalis always blame the west for their own shortcomings intay wadankoodi so burburiyeen bay yidhahaan gaalada ka danbeysey maya adiga istupidh ah dalkaagi so burburiyey gaaladuna way ka faiideysanayan uun nothing else.

Brother I should've used another word instead of lack of resources. What I meant to say was a lack in investments. Somalia is rich in resources, if only we can tap into that and finally spread the wealth generated. Be honest brother, would you honestly support seperation if you were getting water and electricty at a subsidized price, bananas and other staple crops grown in the soil rich south would be available to you and your Kin at dirt cheap prices. Water would be piped from the Jubba and shabelle directly to your facet. No more walking a couple miles to the local well for dirty water.

Nudawn   

Mukulaalow we need to invest in harvesting the seasonal rain water that goes to waste, literally dries up in thin air. The northern regions see a healthy amount of water.

Wadani   

Bluelicious;847188 wrote:
Wadani hmm okay if you say so. I guess you did that to get to know the forum a bit in general right.

Lol, y'd u say it like that, like something is wrong with it. Actually I used to visit the forum to use it as a reference point to measure my own ideas and opinions against. I dont always get to discuss politics, culture and other things we talk about here with a lot of the young Somalis i know in real life, so I wanted to get an idea of the thoughts of other dhalinyaro (some odayaal too lol) and where I would fall in the general spectrum. Soon I had enough of just reading and felt the need to contribute, and that's when i finally joined.

Nudawn;847171 wrote:
Water is the underlying issue here, I've made this correlation before with friends and family, and I honestly think the lack of access to water is the biggest issue in Somalia.

What if we can harness the river water in the south and construct man made rivers directed to the parched northern regions?

1. It would be realistic, cheaper and effective to dam the tens if not hundreds (I am not exxagerating) of seasonal rivers in the North that literally run into the sea. You see, you have to understand the geography of the north. Because the mountain range in the north runns parrallel to the Gulf of Aden coasline, the vast majority of the water that runs down the mountains empties into the sea. If you look on google maps you will see that all along the northern coast there are rivers that run into the sea - this water is not harvested or used. There are also large and productive acquifiers up north that are more than capable of meeting the local demand - indeed water produced from our northern acquifiers are exported, to among other places the UAE (however) I don't think this scarce resource should be allowed to be exported).

2. The drought occurred throughout the HORN but became a famine only in the south of our country. The reason why the drought became a famine was because of devision, conflict and instability, leading to a lack of access to imports & investment in productive capabilities; in essence it was a man-made famine. There was no lack of water - the two permanent rivers were still flowing. The question is then, what or even who is perpetuating the division and war in the south and how can it be resolved.

Wadani;847186 wrote:
^ Bluelicious, it's not uncommon for people to do that.
I myself have been a resident lurker for a long time before i joined the forum too

+ 1

Wadani   

Nudawn;847187 wrote:
The Arab world you see today is a heterogeneous mix of ethnicities and cultures. Arabs from the gulf don't understand a lick of what an Arab from morocco says lol.

I'm offended at how the May-May language is completely ignored in our country though. The speakers of May are Somali and they deserve more respect then to be completely ignored

I absolutely agree. Af-May May should be taught in schools across the country and it should be given constitutional recognition and replace Arabic as our second official language.

Nudawn   

OdaySomali;847197 wrote:
1. It would be realistic, cheaper and effective to dam the tens if not hundreds (I am not exxagerating) of seasonal rivers in the North that literally run into the sea. You see, you have to understand the geography of the north. Because the mountain range in the north runns parrallel to the Gulf of Aden coasline, the vast majority of the water that runs down the mountains empties into the sea. If you look on google maps you will see that all along the northern coast there are rivers that run into the sea - this water is not harvested or used. There are also large and productive acquifiers up north that are more than capable of meeting the local demand - indeed water produced from our northern acquifiers are exported, to among other places the UAE (however) I don't think this scarce resource should be allowed to be exported).

2. The drought occurred throughout the HORN but became a famine only in the south of our country. The reason why the drought became a famine was because of devision, conflict and instability, leading to a lack of access to imports & investment in productive capabilities; in essence it was a man-made famine. There was no lack of water - the two permanent rivers were still flowing. The question is then, what or even who is perpetuating the division and war in the south and how can it be resolved.

That's what I'm talking about oday. We need to discuss subjects like this, instead of wasting our time on bulls**t.

Nudawn   

Wadani;847201 wrote:
I absolutely agree. Af-May May should be taught in schools across the country and it should be given constitutional recognition and replace Arabic as our second official language.

I would support this motion anyday fam

OdaySomali;847197 wrote:

78.jpg

Yes the north has enough water, but not enough will and motivation to harvest them, Sometimes I wonder my self, are Somalis worst than the small ant? are they less clever than the ant? the ant harvests during the season of plenty and work day and night to stack up goods for the coming dry seasons, but we Somalis, every year we are hit by drought and famine and don't do anything the next year when it rains. again it all comes down to LAZINESS.

Its unbelievable the effort these ants put into their work, by cutting these leafs, and crying them long distance, then stacking them under ground.

leafcutter_ants_transporting_leaves.jpg