Sign in to follow this  
OdaySomali

Somali Delegates to Istanbul Conference

Abwaan   

Liban;837252 wrote:
Abwaan, we keep on hearing Alaa Sheekh this and that. Do they have some form of leadership? Besides Wesley Snipes. I am hearing, Abdikarim Jaamac, the guy Jaahwayne replaced. What do u think?

Aala-Shiikh is real, it started as a religeous network but turned into a somewhat powerful political since the president Sharif came to power. Other individuals that I beleive are part of this are Dahir Gelle, Dr. Afyare Elmi, Abukar Arman, Yusuf Aynte, Hassan Moalim. There are many more some invisible.I heard that they claim to be ardaydii ka farcantay Sh. Maxamed Macallin AUN.

They have their own dreams, but I think that we will not be talking about them after August insha Allaah, at least in the near future or next government.

Abwaan   

Liban;837255 wrote:
^^* is it safe to say that Abdikarim is their leader?

Abdikareem is one of their brains. The guy is smart to give him a credit. He has a Dr. title in front of his name I don't know if that is true or wuxuu bartay or if he went to a good uni or one of those cheap ones...:D I don't really know who the leader is. I guess Sharif is now:D I think he was even before, since maxkamadihii may be. May be abdi is the one running the show since he has been close to the president until he lost his ministerial post.

Abwaan   

Liban one of the positive things that Aala-Shiikh has which none of the other political groups have is they are not clan-based. I think they were able to overcome that issue and acheive their political goals, that is why some Somali clan leaders oo cirka isla maraya aaminsanna siyaadda beeshaKELIYA.com more than the other clans, who were able to organize their folks as clans better aysan u jeclayn. The other positive thing is they are not 60-80 year olds. They are mostly around 40 year olds.

Mario B   

Abwaan, thanks for shedding light on this group, they sound decent enough, so why is the International community scared of them, is it because they wont sell out?

Abwaan   

Mario B;837284 wrote:
Abwaan, thanks for shedding light on this group, they sound decent enough, so why is the International community scared of them, is it because they wont sell out?

My pleasure saaxiib.

I think it is because they selected someone like Farmaajo, who does not understand the International Communities' role on Somali issues as a PM:D just kidding. I think the International community does not want a particular group that dominates Somali politics, who just wants an extension after another. Isn't that what they want? The Aala-Siikhs? The IC wants a change. A complete change. The change does not only apply to Aala-Shiikh. Most of the people in Somali Politics have been around for the last twenty years if not 40 years.

Aala-Shiikh is in the process of creating an umbrella group with some other groups ay isla jaanqaadi karaan, like the recent Daljir, which Aala-Shiikh, Islaax and Ictisaam became one (Islaax was only one faction not the whole organization, I don't know much about Ictisaam)

Liban   

^^^ I think the IC is scared of Aalaa Sheekh group as they are unknown and closet Islamists. Abwaan, Looool. U are right selecting clueless Mr. Cheese as a pm was a huge blunder on their side. I personally think they knew what they were doing. The main reason they selected Farmajo was to put an end to Shariif Sakiin dominance in the political scene, coz he had PM Sharmarke in his pocket. So they picked Farmajo based on his weak personality and easily to manipulate. That was the main reason IC agreed to Farmaajo sacking in kampala, coz he was completely biased, and was not an independent PM.

Mario B   

For me I will support any group of Somalis that addresses international communities concerns which are our concerns too, i.e Piracy, terrorism, lawlessness, but without selling out our interests. Somali politicians and leadership will have to establish women and minority rights, eradicate poverty, educate our masses, Improve primary and secondary health, improve our agriculture and livestock output, create a viable fishing industry, create home grown industries, financial sector, etc etc etc

There is a monumental task awaiting us, this is a chance for all of us to contribute however small it may seem in rebuilding our country!! May God help us.

Abwaan   

Liban, Omar Abdirashid was not in Sharif's pocket. He was powerless because all the ministers were selected by the two Sharifs. Anigu xogta aan hayo, in Jabuuti 2009 Abdikareem wanted to become a PM and was told NO by the IC, because dolwad isku hal garab ah ayaa la diidanaa. Then sidaan filayo Abdikareem marna si hagar la'aan ah ulama shaqayn Cumar, which was sad. Where in Farmaajo's case Abdikareem and few of his Aala-Shiikh friends choose him so it was the man they wanted. Farmaajo shakhsi ahaan waa nin wanaagsan baan filayaa laakiin siyaasad ahaan inay ku adeegtaan bay rabeen, which they did illaa ay isku dayeen inay IC isku taagaan isagana ayaana scapegoat u noqday...lol...Miskiin, laakiin kolleey xoogaa lacag ah ka daadsey. I know in SOL the guy u hayo the most respect MMA iyo gabadha aan ka dhicin Aaliyyah waan is nacaynaa for shedding a light on this too....laakiin runtu meeshay rabto ha kula tagto, who cares....Waxa Soomaaliya ka dhacaya in sanduuq lagu hayo ma ahan, haddii kale khaladaadka lama sixi karo. Laakiin sida dhabta ah Warlords-ka maalayacniga ah, mo oryaanta iyo burcadbaddeedda waxaan kaga kalsoonahay dhallinyaradan Aala-Shiikh iwm.

Carafaat   

This is nothing new. From the days of TNG's have Somali officials been selling official delegates places, diplomatic passports and visa's for invites. And this continued throughout TFG, up to this day.

its sad.

Abwaan   

Carafaat;837306 wrote:
This is nothing new. From the days of TNG's have Somali officials been selling official delegates places, diplomatic passports and visa's for invites. And this continued throughout TFG, up to this day.

its sad.

It is sad, waxaase is weydiin leh most of SOL or their relatives and families sidee bay ku soo dhoofeen, mase idinla tahay inaad fursaddaan oo kale cafin lahaydeen. Xittaa berigii dowladdu jirtey dad baa scholership ay dad kale leeyihiin iyo xitaa magacyadoodii ku soo baxay oo lagaba yaabe inaysan xitaa waxba baran. Musuqmaasuqu waa dhibaatooyinka ugu waaweyn ee Soomaalidu ku kacdo. Dalkeennu wuu isku dhexyaacay period and everything needs to be recreated ee waan in lagu dedaalaa sidii qayb fiican looga qaadan lahaa in la saxo dhibaatooyinkaan iyo kuwo ka daranba.

Shirka qabashadiisa in sidii saxa ahayd loo maray iyo inuu faa'iidooyin laga filayo laga helayo, waxaan ka wadaa shirka bulshada rayidka ah ee ka horreeyey midka caalamiga ah baaba la isku haystaa adinkuna waxaad ka hadlaysaan dhawr qof oo ku soo dhex dhuumatay.