Sign in to follow this  
Carafaat

Why do Somali's have an 'Alien' taste?

Not sure what you mean by Alien but Somalia/land is in dire need of architects because they peddle the same type of designs everywhere these days..!

NGONGE   

You haven't seen the lift in the Telesom building, Carafat. It has a KEY and is locked all the time! :D

Carafaat   

Ngonge, I went in to that building once. And I walked all 5 floors up to the Director's room. I didnt even know it had a lift.

I did use a small lift(maximum 2 persons) in another building, where there was a restaurant on the 3rd or 4th floor. might been Dahabshiils or some.

They created an ethiopian flag for themselves to bow to their etho masters.....but deep inside they still like the blue & white..see how they paintted their buildings...lol. I think they giving us a hint!

Dont worry sillyland....somalia-suppermen is on the way to your rescue! Be patient plz...we gotta clean Villa-no-good first!! 2 much trash has been pilling in there!!

Carafaat   

I see an 'alien' looking building, straight from a sci-fi movie. But Rudy sees the blue flag. strong stuff your smoking there homie. :D

N.O.R.F   

Expect more of this type of cladding. Daryeel seem to be getting the hang of it. It does have its benefits.

No point in having a nice building with a crappy fence, nevertheless I see what rudy sees all blue and white, bad colour choice I say :)

N.O.R.F   

All that glass lets in natural light (lower electricity costs).

Faster to build (owner can let it out faster and save on cost of construction)

It looks good.

Carafaat   

ok, havent looked it from that way.

Norf, I like the design of your hotel. The dinner/lunch room looks ingenious. round windows, round entrances, big balacony rooms, natural cooling(saves energy cost). did you design that yourself.

rudy-Diiriye;837082 wrote:
They created an ethiopian flag for themselves to bow to their etho masters.....
but deep inside they still like the blue & white..see how they paintted their buildings...lol. I think they giving us a hint!

Dont worry sillyland....somalia-suppermen is on the way to your rescue! Be patient plz...we gotta clean Villa-no-good first!! 2 much trash has been pilling in there!!

Looool you are on point there. You are sharp Rudy :)

Chimera   

This is a step up, hopefully they will continue this practice of chrome & steel in Somali cities. Hargeisa and Bosaso are 19th century establishments, there is no widespread ancient architecture with which various post-modern styles would clash if they were to be constructed, unlike say Mogadishu, Berbera, or Merka. Therefore I would like to see more examples like Maansoor Hotel. and the above mall in the city.

Electric cables should be placed in the ground as well, not a good look.

GaroweGal;837121 wrote:
No point in having a nice building with a crappy fence

It's under construction, this is common practice.

ElPunto   

Ugly - indeed alien taste. And it's not just commercial buildings - it's fancy private homes and villas. I don't quite know how the current architectural tastes seems to have bypassed them for monstrous styles seen nowhere else but the Somali peninsula.