Sign in to follow this  
Sulleiman The Great

Disunity Or Political Strategy

I was reading some news of one of the cultural elders of Puntland attending the Istanbul conference on Somali reading some of the comments people had about the story, I wonder if this was actually a fracture within Pl or was this a new strategy where PL can have one stance on a subject (in this case the Istanbul conference) while having their interest being litigated by cultural elders (an agent inside). We saw this once when some elders left Mogadishu representing the interest of Pl while others went there also seemingly representing the interest of PL. Whats your opinion on this.

The north galkacyo clan elder Islaan bashiir went to Turkey , but i am sure when he arrives back in Puntland Faroole will have a word with him.

I don't get the question. Also as this is your first post and in politics section, are you making a stance in solidarity the with anti-Puntland camp.

Welcome to SOL, you have a lot of comrades and definitely won't feel lonely.

Xaaji Xunjuf;835762 wrote:
The north galkacyo clan elder Islaan bashiir went to Turkey , but i am sure when he arrives back in Puntland Faroole will have a word with him.

I believe its not only islan bashir that attended the meeting the acting king of the people of Puntland (Boqor Burhan , Boqor Muse) also attended the meeting, I however do not believe this is a division between the admins and the traditional elders , I believe PL is both flexing its muscle as a regional power by not attending, and at the same time making sure their interest are being represented.

Qandalawi;835763 wrote:
I don't get the question. Also as this is your first post and in politics section, are you making a stance in solidarity the with anti-Puntland camp.

Welcome to SOL, you have a lot of comrades and definitely won't feel lonely.

I dont see PL as something to oppose it a beacon of hope for the rest of Somalia , I also understand that it is not immune to political tribulations, so I am trying to figure out if this move by PL is a political move or if its cracks appearing.