Sign in to follow this  
Carafaat

Why a Unitary Somalia is the best option for Somalia

Carafaat   

El Punto, if Tuulo hebel is assured of a seat and funding and clan x in in power. Then what would stop clan Y to make their own admin in their own side of same tuulo.

See example of Galkacyo where you have several admins in same region and same city, Ras Caseyr part of Bari, etc. Governance based on clan will have the same characteristics as a clan, divide till each individual has its own flag and admin.

ElPunto   

^Clan Y has no incentive to do that if they are getting the same treatment and allocation of resources as everyone else and if they've reached an understanding of the basis of governance with all other clans/stakeholders. If you believe that Somalis can ensure a free and fair vote as in Somaliland - I don't understand why you think they're incapable of having a system that has been tried and tested in many countries and that has served them well.

Carafaat   

I am sure Somali's can organize free and fair elections. But I am not sure if clan can become states without dividing in to more states, like abtirsi. See examples of Somaliland and Puntland and the Khatumo's, Maakhir's, Ras Caseyrs, etc.

If Puntland can't even become a state with permanent and set borders and clans that don't change each year. Why do you think other Somali's can? There is always an incentive for clans to disenfrenchise, some do it even just for the own flag. :D