Sign in to follow this  
Fabregas

Every little helps

Fabregas   

Often, we think to ourselves that we need to carry out deeds of a great magnitude that require lots of effort in order to reach our beloved twin goals: please Allah and reach Janatul Firdaws. But sometimes it is the little deeds, the un-noticed ones, which can lead to great changes and rewards. This is like the example of an arid plain stricken by drought:

Allah sends small droplets of rain, then after a while the whole area is full of water and lush plants spring forth from the roots of this. The opposite of this is the flood; it overpowers the area and another problem is created.

And this example( the flood) is same with the human body, overpowering the body and soul with too many big changes/aims at once can lead to negative consquences. During the Prophet Muhamad's time(SAW) some people became extreme in their worship, standing the entire night for prayer and neglecting the rights of their wives and families. Of course, at the same, the Prophet Muhamad,his companions and some of the great Muslims that followed them were remarkable human beings, so this is not to meant encourage aiming big. Rather it is meant to say one can't develop muscles( iman in this case) by starting off with the biggest weights. And In Islam there are so many small weights that a person can lift to develop big muscles(iman). Removing a piece of rubbish from the road or helping a neighbour is an act of worship.

It is reported in a Hadith in Bukhari and Muslim that the Prophet once asked Bilal(RA):

" O Bilal! tell me which of your acts is most meritorious since joining Islam, for I heard the sound of your shoes in Paradise ahead of me?"

Bilal replied:

" I do not have any action more meritorious than that whenever I performed Wudhu (purification) during the day or night, each time I offered a prayer as much as Allah has destined for me”".

I thought of the following small acts we can all try to do to reach jannah and attain the pleasure of Allah:

1. Make a plan to try to fast on mondays and thursays or once a week, if not once/twice a month.

2. Read the stories of the prophets in the Quran to your children or little brothers in your family.

3. Make a plan to stand for prayer in the night at least once a week or whatever is suitable for you.

4. Try to get involved or donate to intitiaves involving Muslims in prison this ramadan

5. Make Wudu when you leave the house for work study in the morning

6. Examine your good deeds and bad deeds before you sleep. Uman Bin Khattab said account yourself before your are accounted for.

Fabregas

Inshallah, if you could add some more(jzk).

Malika   

^JZK

Revolution into everyday life indeed..

-Give yourself time alone, so that you can think about your life, your deeds, make dhikr.

-Read the Qur'an in Arabic and the meaning every day- take the time out of your busy schedule to listen to Allah.

-Talk to your non-Muslim friends about Islam. Have you taken the time to explain the basics to them?

-Don't criticize if you dislike something- do your part to change it.

-Start reading Qur'an after Salat-ul Fajr.

assalaamu alaykum wa rahmatuallah wabarakaatuh

-Read Surat al-Kahaf every Friday

-Use your time online to spread the word of Allah instead of just looking at crazy pictures on youtube

-Use your Facebook to spread du'aa instead of gossiping and complaining and backbiting ;)

ameen

Malika   

-One on One dacwaa, with either family members or friends.

-In constant remembrance of Allah,by mentioning him,reasoning through his knowledge etc.

Fabregas   

@bint hamid and malika.jzk. great points, especially the dawa points.

malika wa iga tala in every sense, iman wise. hence why I am round here. ;) good thing ramadan is coming. make dua for me sis.