Sign in to follow this  
Alpha Blondy

18th May Resolutions

with just 10 days to go before the 21st anniversary of Somaliland's reclamation of its sovereignty (20th of May becos i follow the true pathfinder of this land - but its important to show unity in the face of enmity), i think its very important to use this momentous occasion to once again pledge your absolute loyalty and dedication to 'our' self-determination and claim to international recognition.

an short extract from a speech of mine a few years back

-------

As-Salamu Alaykum

Ladies and gentlemen, I am delighted to be here today in the presence of a number of dedicated Somaliland figures. It gives me great pleasure to be here today and to say a few words about this crucial and important conference about Somaliland.................

First of all, I speak here today in my personal capacity and not as the founder and chairman of....................... is partly due to my dedication and absolutely commitment to the development and progress of Somaliland in different capacities.....................................This is because I consider myself to be a faithful advocate of the self-determination of Somaliland and its people which transcends beyond the usual relations between Diasporaic community groups and those groups in The Somaliland Republic.

Somaliland recognition plans are on track and gaining momentum. We have surprised the world about creating a safety stability country which Somaliland has managed to establish without recognition, in what is otherwise instable and dangerous part of the world which has been a haven for warlordism, extremist, and more recently piracy.

Somaliland is a country with a mammoth potential, it offers an important point of reference and an example worthy of following.

The march towards international recognition has not broken down and this is testament to the strong determination of the Somaliland people both those in the Diaspora and those back home.

Today, Somaliland provides the only face-saving exist strategy for the long standing conflict that is an outright reconfirmation of the 1960s internationally recognised independent state of Somaliland Republic, which will no doubt pave a way for a mutually and beneficially economic, diplomatic co-operation among the Somali speaking nations in the Horn of Africa.

etc..etc..etc...

--------------------

my committment to the 'cause' has not changed one bit...its stronger than its ever been and we will succeed in our ultimate aim I/S .

my resolutions are very simple. they are practical and very easy...

1. Not to litter any more. to be socially responsible and look after the country. if we don't look after it, who else will?

2. to continue to promote somaliland to the world. i recently hosted a japanese couchsurf (couchsurfing.org). he stayed with me for almost 2 weeks in my house and we are now planning the first somaliland-Japanese cultural friendship society. the facebook will be launched soon.

3. to be the change i want to see in somaliland. - simple acts of gratitude and kindness are all that's need to rehabilitate the broken people of this land.

4. to reapply for my residence visa. it expired on the 6th of april 2012. and i now live in fear within my own conscious for being an illegal. later on this year, i hope to apply for my somaliland passport, hopefully, completing what has up until now been a 'transitional' period.

cheers,

al.

nuune   

Alpha Blondy;828710 wrote:

my committment to the 'cause' has not changed one bit...its stronger than its ever been and we will succeed in our ultimate aim I/S .

2. to continue to
promote somaliland
to the world.

to reapply for my residence visa. it expired on the 6th of april 2012
. and i now live in fear within my own conscious for being an illegal. later on this year i hope to apply for my somaliland passport, hopefully, completing what has until now been a 'transitional' period.

l

Haye

indeed, nuune, i was very impressive with your somalia vision. i read it with such scrutiny and i think many of those are realistic. it breaks my heart that useful people like you cannot realise your vision and share your technical skills with the somali people, like i have for the past 1 yr and 10 months, albeit being severely constrained. come to somaliland, we should pay people like you instead old white men to fix our airports....'i fixed killy and pristina'.... so what...who cares... this is somaliland and it needs home grown and organically sourced individuals like you nuune to develop this country.

come to somaliland sxb and i will have a landscruiser pick you up from the airport...BTW..this was how NG was recently welcomed 'home' by a certain SOLer by the name of JB...lol

Carafaat   

2. to continue to promote somaliland to the world. i recently hosted a japanese couchsurf (couchsurfing.org). he stayed with me for almost 2 weeks in my house and we are now planning the first somaliland-Japanese cultural friendship society. the facebook will be launched soon.

Alpha, I didnt know you hosted couchsurfers. It's quite an experience to couchsurf. I have done it once with some Dutch friends, we went to Paris and stayed there with strangers. quite an experience. but the idea of hosting them, isnt attractive. :D

arafat, inaadeer, xalaad ka waraan?

i havent used couchsurf to surf yet but stacking up more positive references before travelling maybe east african in the late summer (somalia,kenyan, uganda, rwanda, burundi, tanzania and ethiopia finally).....

will be organising a party on the 18th may 2012 i/s....to celebrate in style

Carafaat   

Alpha Blondy;829656 wrote:
arafat, inaadeer, xalaad ka waraan?

i havent used couchsurf to surf yet but stacking up more positive references before travelling maybe east african in the late summer (somalia,kenyan, uganda, rwanda, burundi, tanzania and ethiopia finally).....

will be organising a party on the 18th may 2012 i/s....to celebrate in style

Alpha, Kaka (=brother),

how are you?

where will you host the party? will you upload party pics on SOL?

(somalia,kenyan, uganda, rwanda, burundi, tanzania and ethiopia finally).....

I have done a (backpack) trip of 3months through most of these countries, when I was your age and just finished college. great memories wallahi. :D Make sure you dont travel with any white people, for sure they will raise the price everywhere.

I can recommend to visit Bagamoyo, Pemba, Zanzibar and Arusha and Tanga in Tanzania. Make sure you visit the last (and almost extinct) silver back gorilla's in Rwanda.

In Ethiopia you should go to Lalibella, Adigrat, Aksum, Bahar dar and Gondar, amazing northern route.

Let me know if you need more tips, will PM you.

Carafaat;831453 wrote:
maxa la dhacay. Did nobody show up at your party.
:D

Carafaat why are you not celebrating your Sland party today? Are you being rebellious?

my resolutions are very simple. they are practical and very easy...

1. Not to litter any more. to be socially responsible and look after the country. if we don't look after it, who else will? =
78%

2. to continue to promote somaliland to the world. i recently hosted a japanese couchsurf (couchsurfing.org). he stayed with me for almost 2 weeks in my house and we are now planning the first somaliland-Japanese cultural friendship society. the facebook will be launched soon...
= 33%

3. to be the change i want to see in somaliland. - simple acts of gratitude and kindness are all that's need to rehabilitate the broken people of this land.....
= 65%

4. to reapply for my residence visa. it expired on the 6th of april 2012. and i now live in fear within my own conscious for being an illegal. later on this year, i hope to apply for my somaliland passport, hopefully, completing what has up until now been a 'transitional' period.....
=100%

cheers,

al.

RESULTS

1. 78%

2. 33%

3. 65%

4. 100%

Average: 69%

yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. i passed y'all........:P

my resolve is stronger now than ever before.......ee sida uula soco.

firstly, i'd like to say congrats to Big Sil for boycotting the London conference on Somalia. obviously, we're not Somalia so why should SL attend these begging-bowls donations conferences......:P

over the next 10 days, i shall be pledging my oath to the cause again.....and hopefully, i'll be able to come up with new 18th May Resolutions. if y'all have any ideas, please share, ma garatey? :D

Carafaat   

Alpha,

Please don't call President Siilanyo, big Sil. After all he is the leader of the brave and of the free.

^ several of questions:

1. how will you celebrate 18 May?

2. what are you pledging this coming year?

3. what did you achieve for Somaliland this closing year?