Sign in to follow this  
Chimera

Pax Somalica, the Metropolis!!

Somalia   

There was also one regarding a deal to widen the reach of the Jubba river for surface irrigation, as well as many others including army deals. Anyway, I'll post some later.

Chimera   

nuune;824032 wrote:
If telecoms can penetrate where the conflict is, why not the rail system, I don't see a conflict is an issue, but lack of interest from business people, they don't know how profitable this is, or maybe they want a quick cash for a quick period, rail system building takes few years to complete, unless you hire Chineese and they will finish it quickly.

Two northern Somali ports alone make $2 billion annually from exports, and many animals die during the grazing period because of lack of water, and difficult transport. Railway links to established grazing areas that are all-year long watered would not only double the live-stock population, but you would also be looking at an export volume hitting the $10 billion easily when the network is increased to include more countries. You would need two lines, one to Berbera, the other to Bosaso, 150-250km depending on where the grazing farms are located. That's around $300 to $500+ million for each line, which could easily be financed independently by the Live-stock industry and then maintained through the fares taken from passengers. With each year as profits grow, the two lines could be linked with other cities and towns in the North.

In the South the old Jowhar-Mogadishu line could be regenerated and expanded(they were planning on doing this before the war). Here too, the agricultural industry could generate enough funds through high value crops like Bananas, mangos, etc to establish a large system, at least 1000km in size, hitting all the major fertile regions and cities; Gedo, Jowhar, Beledweyne, Afgoye, Jamaame, Mogadishu, Kismayo, etc.

These projects would create hundreds of thousands of jobs, and connect the country in a way the highways and roads never could. However we have brain-dead leaders and cancerous militants. This useless lot of excrements are hampering the progressive initiatives of our business leaders, be it broadband cables, internet banking, or agriculture. In this day and age, a railway project would never have the protection it needs for it to be successfully established, nor will it have the independent Somali funds to allow its creation.

Foreign loans are not an option, and must never be considered, especially those from the IMF or the World Banc.

nuune   

Thanks for the picture. and good analysis on the railway, it is a very sophisticated project.

Ps: Somalia is not ready and would not accept loans from doomed IMF, World Bank and the likes, they destroyed the economy and the lives of so many countries, these savages should not have a platform in our country, Somalia has enough resources to manage itself from building railway system to having own satellite in orbit for its telecom, agriculture and observing natural disasters such as flood.

Chimera;824377 wrote:
God bless the Old Republic.

dirir_09.jpg

What a historical picture. Sidee u taaganyihiin askarta xataa says so much about the xishmad ay u haayeen madaxdooda iyo sharaftee dowladnimo jirto lahayd. Xataa look how very close he was to general public without being heavily guarded.

Marksman   

Have you ever heard of aerotropolis?

Cities build around airports. This is very interesting.

When i was studying in Seoul, South Korea I've noticed that their public transport, especially the subway system, is one of the best.

I also hope that the 'new Somalia' in the future will become a bike friendly country that will promote good health by staying active.

Imagine it being the best country for bike travelling? That would be a great unique selling point :)

it's just part of my 'Dutch mentality' I guess.

Chimera   

The first President had swag, and was much loved, even the most hardcore qabiilists I have met have a soft spot for this leader. If we had just one city where all the ideals and dreams of the Old Republic are combined and expanded, it would redeem us as a people.

Mario B   

Chimera;825167 wrote:
The first President had swag, and was much loved, even the most hardcore qabiilists I have met have a soft spot for this leader. If we had just one city where all the ideals and dreams of the Old Republic are combined and expanded, it would redeem us as a people.

Mogadishu?

Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar;824454 wrote:
What a historical picture. Sidee u taaganyihiin askarta xataa says so much about the xishmad ay u haayeen madaxdooda iyo sharaftee dowladnimo jirto lahayd. Xataa look how very close he was to general public without being heavily guarded.

Adan cabdullah Cusmaan was loved by the People

wyre   

Alpha Blondy;825251 wrote:
adams, there is no hope.

Really there is Insha'allah

Chimera   

Mario B;825252 wrote:
Mogadishu?

That city has suffered to much as the symbol of the Somali Republic. All those seeking to subdue the Somali people and their aspirations focused their attention on this specific city and made sure the capital remained in flames. Even today as peace is returning, you can see them hard at work through their planted proxies such as Al-Shabaab, and certain traitor politicians.

A new place, one that's secret and heavily guarded, and one too difficult to access would be better. A place where a Secret Somali Society could take root; overseeing the well-being and interests of the Somali people, without being infiltrated by foreigners in the form of NGOs, embassies, etc. Mogadishu could remain the capital, but the Secret City would be where the real power lies, and where traitors and foreign spies could easily be identified and neutralised.

An independent underground army of 50 thousand Somali soldiers only answering to the Secret Council could lie await to thwart any illegitimate coups, or wrongful use of power by a Somali president. The Secret City would be the 'check and balance' we need in Somali politics.

Mario B   

Lol @ secret society, you made the whole thing sound like a freemasonic and illuminati project, i'm very weary of that type of thing...and I usually stay away. Come up with something better, saxib.

I too have thought of something like this before. Having the population in one place does make administration easier and EVERYTHING cheaper.

But..

The one massive downside is security from a strategic point of view. One city with the entire infrastructure/economy/society of a country is a very risky bet. We would say goodbye to our ability to wage war.

However,

I do like your thinking and the initiative. We need to think innovately when trying to find solutions to our problems and seize our own destiny. It is when you rely on the thoughts and initiatives of others, as we are and have been for a while, that you are doomed.