Sign in to follow this  
Wiil Cusub

30 days without internet ex. SOL and email

My worst temptation is internet. I used to spend oddles of time on my Facebook, Youtube and other social sites. I afraid that I have an internet addiction. Every day I open my eyes directly to the PC.

I need internet for my work but I have problem with procrastination. I literally put EVERYTHING important to the last minute.

To test how big is this problem I decide to stop internet usage for 30 days except for my work (no more FB, YT, twitter and all those social sites and music). Because I almost never watch Somali TV,to fellow Somali news, I make SOL exception for my news pron, but no embedded video and extern links just to read news from home for short time.

To accomplish this task and change my routine I need your support and like to here your experience.

Aaliyyah   

good luck walaal thats the best decision you made internet malayacni lugu isticmaalo wa laga wacanyahay. Perhaps the best thing would be deleting your fb/twitter and all social network profiles (i dont see much benefit to them)..and pls dont tell me oh i need them to stay in touch with my friends..you have a phone right use it.

the only unproductive thing I do online is SOL and that i need to quit..bt hasnt been working for me as of yet (if only sol had delete button like fb lol i would have been gone long time ago sighs*)

salaam

you're setting yourself up for failure man - 30 days is a long time :S why not start out with a week and then eventually move up to 30 days.

I agree with aaliyah that deleting/suspending your accounts might help you stay off them.

good luck!

Aaliyyah;821896 wrote:
good luck walaal thats the best decision you made internet malayacni lugu isticmaalo wa laga wacanyahay. Perhaps the best thing would be deleting your fb/twitter and all social network profiles (i dont see much benefit to them)..and pls dont tell me oh i need them to stay in touch with my friends..you have a phone right use it.

salaam

Thanks walaal Aaliyyah Maybe if I couldn't succeed this way I will delete all social network profiles

you're setting yourself up for failure man - 30 days is a long time
:S
why not start out with a week and then eventually move up to 30 days.

Grasshopper

The reason for 30 days is because you need atlease 3 weeks to brake old habit/routing. You can't be good couch. Don't wish me failure this is very important.

Garnaqsi   
If you use Chrome - the best browser there is - you can simply install this extension: StayFocused. I know lots of students use it around exam time. With this you can limit the number of minutes you wish to spend on sites which you feel you are addicted to. It automatically assigns a total of 10 minutes per day to all the sites which you feel you use too much -- you can change this 'before the day begins', so to speak, but I find the 10 minutes pretty well calculated. It's far better than trying to stop it altogether, as with this you can go to the concerned sites two or three times a day without wasting that much time getting 'your daily fix', as it were.

Chimera   

You need to create an outdoor lifestyle brother. Cut those 125 inch long nails you have been pounding against the keyboard for so long, then visit a farm and secure a spot between the line of sheep and the goats for a nice shave from the farmer. Then take a shower, put on some fresh clothing, then buy a guitar and join one of those native American musical bands you see in every European railway station or mall.

That should cover 30 days.

Garnaqsi;821915 wrote:
If you use Chrome - the best browser there is - you can simply install this extension:

Thnks Garnaqsi

This is very nice I already blocked all rabish sites and after 30 days I will limit the time

You need to create an outdoor lifestyle brother. Cut those 125 inch long nails you have been pounding against the keyboard for so long,

Exactly that was one of my problems Cidiyaha lugahaygu markay kabaha jiidhaan ayaan iska jari jiray. Goor iigu danbaysay inaan beeraha qurxoon ee xaafadayda ku garabyaala aan marana ma xasuusto.

For first time sinds long time last night I watch complete movie with out disturbing.

Everything becomes bad when you abuse it...unless it is affecting your life in an extreme way, why deprive yourself?

You gotta have self control, every man should. Be strong and do what is expected of you.

Garnaqsi;821915 wrote:
If you use Chrome - the best browser there is - you can simply install this extension:
. I know lots of students use it around exam time. With this you can limit the number of minutes you wish to spend on sites which you feel you are addicted to. It automatically assigns a total of 10 minutes per day to all the sites which you feel you use too much -- you can change this 'before the day begins', so to speak, but I find the 10 minutes pretty well calculated. It's far better than trying to stop it altogether, as with this you can go to the concerned sites two or three times a day without wasting that much time getting 'your daily fix', as it were.

This is the best advice! It really works I could recommended it to you Will Cusub!

Wiil Cusub - Too much of everything isn't good so you need to find where your balance is and spend less time on internet then cutting it off permanently out of your daily life. If you use it with moderation you should be fine. Making a plan for yourself what you will be doing on the internet is helpful and gives you a goal and spend less time on internet.

You gotta have self control, every man should. Be strong and do what is expected of you.

Thanks Faarax The reason why I am doing this, is to be sure that I can control.

Bluelicious;822554 wrote:
This is the best advice! It really works I could recommended it to you Will Cusub!

Wiil Cusub
- spend less time on internet then cutting it off permanently out of your daily life. If you use it with moderation you should be fine.

After 30 days I will use moderate