Sign in to follow this  
Fiqikhayre

Somalia: Leading by example, the Puntland Constitution

Marksman   

"This [Puntland] constitution, which is based on Islamic Shari'ah law....''

Please forgive my ignorance, but what do people mean when they talk about Shari'ah law? I do know in essence what it is, but a lot of people talk about it as if it is something static and fixed.

Does Shari'ah law mean things such as inheritance where the woman gets less than a man. Do women have no choice in wearing a hijab? And are people's hands are cut off when they steal? Or is this going to be something different than the 'Al Shabaab'.

Because connecting the words progressive and Shari'ah law in my head sounds like an oxymoron.

I'm just trying to imagine the atmosphere in a new Somalia.

Samafal   

Marksman, Sharia law is more comprehensive and extensive than the few things that you mentioned there. Its a complete way of life. The non belivers are paranioid about it but for us moslems we see it the only way we can attain peace and justice on earth.

Jacpher   

Marksman;819881 wrote:
"This [Puntland] constitution, which is based on Islamic Shari'ah law....''

Please forgive my ignorance, but what do people mean when they talk about Shari'ah law? I do know in essence what it is, but a lot of people talk about it as if it is something static and fixed.

Does Shari'ah law mean things such as inheritance where the woman gets less than a man. Do women have no choice in wearing a hijab? And are people's hands are cut off when they steal? Or is this going to be something different than the 'Al Shabaab'.

Because connecting the words progressive and Shari'ah law in my head sounds like an oxymoron.

I'm just trying to imagine the atmosphere in a new Somalia.

Adiga maxay kula tahay shareeco?

Leading by example, the Puntland Constitution

Indhoole indhoole hagaya 13 sano kadi ayay Constitution ay dadka afti ku waydiiyaan ayay samaysan kari laayahiin oo waxaad ku sheegaysaa "leadin"

Constitution waa kii ay bulshadu u codayso wixii kalaba waa dhoobdhoob

peasant;820015 wrote:
^ Miyaad ka masayrtay sxb?

Maxaan ka masayraa waxba meesha kuma haysid waxaad wali la mid tahay shirbeeleedkii 1997 hargaysa lagu qabtay ee dastuurka Somaliland lagu goaamiyay in afti looga qaado dadwaynaha 15 sabo ayaad iga danbaysaa

Somalia   

^^

Even though I believe it is flawed, Puntland still gets treated more like a country than you have in your 20 years.

peasant   

^^ Waad ka dhacsantahay ninkow. Kani maha constituition kii ugu horeeyey ey puntland yeelato. Kii hore ayaa hadaa wax lagu sa'idiniyaa madama hada wadanku isbedel ku soo fooleeyahay.

Idinka ka idiin dhaashdhashan waad ku khasbanaan doontan in aad bedashan!

peasant;820023 wrote:
^^

Idinka ka idiin dhaashdhashan waad ku khasbanaan doontan in aad bedashan!

Car bal maruun dadka afti ka qaada intoonad aniga i khasbin. Waxaan ka soo gudbiyo shirbeeleed baad war ka dhigaysaa. calool adayg iyo isku kalsooni aad ku goosataana ma haysid

peasant   

The public have their voices through their representatives and our system is a system that takes advantage of the traditional system that was already in place. Thus no need to spend additional resources when a simple solution can do the job. Our objective is not to appease or get acceptance from outside bodies in order to get a recognition and we are only after finding a solution that works for our people.

Every nation knows what works best for them and smart ones dont just follow others blindly. India, USA and Iran are all democratic countries but their systems differ greatly!

calool adayg iyo isku kalsooni aad ku goosataana ma haysid

Why do I need to secede when i know I can have my own piece of the pie and the same time share your piece with you?;)