Sign in to follow this  
Mukulaalow

I am Somali, Soomaali baan ahay.

I strongly belief this Gabay should be adapted as the national anthem of Somalia instead of "Soomaaliyey toos". very powerful, very uniting & beautiful. Thank you Abwaan Jaamac Kadiye.

take a moment and listen to it.

From what I understand "Soomaaliyey toos" was written in the early 1900s in attempt to entice the Somali people to rise against the Italian and British Colonialists, and this was later adopted as 'national anthem' during the civil war in an effort to restore the country. However this is not the original Somali national anthem. I believe our anthem is Qolobaa Calankeedu. I would love to know who wrote it.

ugaas1   

GaroweGal;819709 wrote:
From what I understand "Soomaaliyey toos" was written in the early 1900s in attempt to entice the Somali people to rise against the Italian and British Colonialists, and this was later adopted as 'national anthem' during the civil war in an effort to restore the country. However this is not the original Somali national anthem. I believe our anthem is
Qolobaa Calankeedu
. I would love to know who wrote it.

hey sis that anthem you are talking about is written and sung by the late abdullahi qarshe.

GaroweGal;819709 wrote:
From what I understand "Soomaaliyey toos" was written in the early 1900s in attempt to entice the Somali people to rise against the Italian and British Colonialists, and this was later adopted as 'national anthem' during the civil war in an effort to restore the country. However this is not the original Somali national anthem. I believe our anthem is Qolobaa Calankeedu. I would love to know who wrote it.

Qolaba Calankeena was written by Abdilahi Qarshe this man Allah ha u naxariisto

Cabdilaahiqarshe.jpg

Jamac Kediye is an amazing poet. the guy knows how to make a good poet, but unfortunately you don't see lots of his work on the media.

soomaali baan ahay is one of my favorite all time poets.