Sign in to follow this  
Xaaji Xunjuf

Somaliland: Cigaal international airport gets massive uprgrade+PICTURES

Wasaaradda Duulista iyo Hawadda oo Qalab ammaanka wax ka taraya ku xidhay Madaarka Hargeysa

April 2nd, 2012

a href=”http://www.somaliland.org/images/b/2012/04/duulista-2.jpg”>Hargeysa (Somaliland, Org)- Wasaaradda Duulista Hawadda Somaliland ayaa markii ugu horaysay ayaa garoonka diyaaradaha ee magaalada Hargeysa ka hirgelisay kamaraddo iyo qalab kale oo wax ka taraya nabad-gelyadda madaarka oo lagu baadhayo dhoofeyaasha iyo soo degeyaashaba.

Wasiirka Wasaarada Duulista iyo Hawada Somaliland Md Maxamuud Xaashi Cabdi oo faahfaahin ka bixiyey qalabkan ayaa sheegay in qalabkan lagu dhamaystiray garoonka diyaaradaha ee magaalada hargeysa,isaga oo tilmaamay inuu wax ka tari doono amaanka dadka soo degaya,kuwa dhoofaya iyo guud ahaan amaanka dalka

“Waxa maanta madaarka caasimada ee Cigaal International Airport lagu dhamaystiray qalabkii casriga ahaa oo baadhaya Shandadaha iyo dadka, kaas oo xoojin doona amaanka dadka dhoofaya, kuwa soo degaya iyo guud ahaan amaanka qarankaba”.ayuu yidhi Wasiirka Duulista iyo hawadu Maxamuud Xaashi Cabdi.

<

Wasiirka Duulista oo hadalkiisa sii watay wuxuu yidhi “ Hawshan mudo dheer ayaanu soo wadnay waxaana aad nooga caawisay dawlada dalka ingiriiska oo aanu aad ugu mahad naqayno, qalabkana waxa loo tababaray dhalinyaro jaamiciyiin ah kuwaas oo iyagu ku shaqayn doona.””

Md. Maxamuud Xaashi Cabdi sheegay in hawlaha dhinaca dhismaha iyo amaanka ee ka socda garoonka diyaaradaha ee magaalada Hargeysa ay qayb ka qaadatay xukuumada Somaliland.

“Hawlahan dhinaca amaanka iyo dhismayaasha ee ka socda garoonka diyaaradaha ee magalada hargeysa xukuumada Somaliland way ka qayb qaadatay maalgelintooda taas oo ilaa iyo intii ay xukuumada Madaxweyne Axmed Maxamed Maxamuud (Siilaanyo) xilka la wareegtay aan mar kaliya la joojin dhismaha madaarka, haatana maraya meel fiican iyada oo dhismayaal badan lagu soo kordhiyey qaybaha kala duwan ee uu ka kooban yahay madaarku,”ayuu tilmaamay Wasiirku.

Wasiirka Duulistay iyo hawda Somaliland ayaa sheegay inay dhawaan soo saari doonan wareegto“ Dhawaan wasaarada arrimaha guduhu waxay soo saari doontaa wareegto taas oo wasiirka arimaha guduhu ummada ugu sheegayo in dadka u imanaya dalkeena dhinaca dalxiiska aan lagu khasbi doonin inay fiiso ka dalbadaan dalka balse laga siin doono laanta socdaalka ee wasaarada arrimaha gudaha Somaliland, adeegyadaas oo dhamina waxay la xidhidhaaan inay madaaradeena ka dhigaan kuwo casri ah oo la jaan qaadi kara kuwa dunida.”

Carafaat why are you laughing are you happy that the airport of Hargeysa is named after you're uncle cigaal and its transforming real fast.

i think it should be called Sultan Guleed international airport.

LOL @ "massive upgrade". Those ancient scales have been there since time immemorial. The only new thing that I see is the baggage screening machine and even that is being used on an ancient computer-screen. As always dissappointing.

Here you have a 'wasiir' bragging about having installed, one machine. I mean seriouslu WTF ? Maxaa ka qaldan these people. And as for this 'airport', its in a right state, its delapidated and the whole place is chaotic. I bet they still have the 50 different kinds of 2nd-hand chairs, sofas and armchairs in that hall they call an airport ?

You don't need to have money or extensive resources to effectively organise that which you do have and to make sure that the people you employ are properly trained and have standards and procedures to follow.

Tolow what is wrong with Somali can't they do anything right. There is such a dearth of good and effective leadership everywhere you look, dad aan waxba garanayn ayaah hogaanku isku dhejinaya oo ka fuqi waayay.

Carafaat   

XX, i dont care how to call Airports. The airport here is called Schiphol(pronounced like Shqqqqiphul).

As long as people agree what to call it. Remember how Hargeysa municibility wantd to call a certain neighbourhoud and it changed after some people protested. I was there during the protest. the goverment withdraw its propobosal very quickly.

^ planes still land and that's what's important.I been in Oslo while ago & surprised how the airport so small & far behind.Guess too many people don't go there.

Che -Guevara;813539 wrote:
Oday....I guess it's massive by Somali standards. Certainly, the machines are heavy:D

I have been there, Che. The infrastructure is there, it is just that it is badly organised and managed - which renders it a complete xaar-hole. This and the previous lousy minister-ku-sheeg don't have a clue what they are doing. They fail even when it comes to the most simple of things.

There is simply no-one in charge of the place. Anyone can walk in and out. There are no structures, rules, processed or policies. The families of the employees live in the'airport'. Simple painting and organising of the interior is apparently too difficult to manage. The 'employees' do what they want when they want - they close the place when they want. Corruption is the going process - everything is trumped by the dollar. Standards are non-existant. SMH.

There is a very simple failure of organisation and management. I don't know what this 'minister' wastes his time doing because I cant think of what it is he does 365 days a year. Now he has apprently brought an old second hand computer-screen and some scanning machines and this is a "massive upgrade". Its a disgrace - notwithstanding the meagre resources, the place can do much better.

Carafaat   

OdaySomali;813544 wrote:
I have been there, Che. The infrastructure is there, it is just that it is badly organised and managed - which renders it a complete xaar-hole. This and the previous lousy minister-ku-sheeg don't have a clue what they are doing. They fail even when it comes to the most simple of things.

There is simply no-one in charge of the place. Anyone can walk in and out. There are no structures, rules, processed or policies. The families of the employees live in the'airport'. Simple painting and organising of the interior is apparently too difficult to manage. The 'employees' do what they want when they want - they close the place when they want. Corruption is the going process - everything is trumped by the dollar. Standards are non-existant. SMH.

There is a very simple failure of organisation and management. I don't know what this 'minister' wastes his time doing because I cant think of what it is he does 365 days a year. Now he has apprently brought an old second hand computer-screen and some scanning machines and this is a "massive upgrade". Its a disgrace - notwithstanding the meagre resources, the place can do much better.

Oday, I have been visitng the country on regular basis since 2000 and one thing that improved considerebly are the Airports. I have made used of Hargeysa, Burco, Berbera, Erigavo and Bosasso Airports. And all of these airports management has improved considering that most local staff and management(except for this current Minister) cant travel to other Airports and dont have much reference like you and me can, nor benchmark. And considering they dont manage their own air space or receive the tax income from it, which went to ICAO. ICAO received millions from the IATA and it was mandated to manage air control and airports in Somalia, but it hardly invested and even prevented the development of Somali aiports, till Somaliland previous Minister for Airports has closed their Hargeysa office and took back control of SL Airports. thats was in 2007 and when actually the development of these airports started.

Dont blame the Somali admins sxb, they are doing their best with little capacity. And I am sure they can use any advice, support and help.

people cant t

The Sage   

Oday is a hater in the purest form, if it were not the machines he would have said he didn't like the colour of paint on the walls :D

Egal International is still the most advanced airport in the Somali peninsula