Sign in to follow this  
Sighnomore

Nicest Somali Wedding Video Ever!

Aaliyyah   

awesome song..I love that nasheed. My heart moves whenever I listen to it..it is by meher zain. Anyways, congrats to the couple althou the wedding was typical to me..maybe a bit more live. Either way khyr iyo barako..caano iyo wiil lovely couple. Althou i dnt like girls who wear those type of revealing dresses i even seen hijaabis who dress like that in their wedding day..wheres our dhaqan. But, im in no position to preach. Just sayin..But, shes pretty mashallah. ilaahay guur wara ha uga dhigo.

salaam

Blessed   

^Thanks malab and to to Coofle. The bit where he sang about the sunnah coincided with islaamo niikinaya, made me cringe that. Still beautiful nasheed.

LANDER   

Beautiful people Inshallah may they have a blessed marriage. But songs singing BarakAllah while booties are girating, call me a boring northerner but I don't know about ALL that plus a little to lovy dovy I think. What's up with all the Somalia flags and Uganda I believe, are they afraid we may mistake it for an Indian wedding cause it looks like one on some clips lol.

Juxa,

horta wa ku salamay! I think you're generalizing North American weddings dee too much affection during a wedding is unheard of in those that I have attended and I think that's how it should be! Keep it in private and behind closed doors please and thank you. :D

Oo anigu meesha aroosku ka dhacay Uganda ayaan haystee, waayo I saw the flag and the weather seemed sort of tropical (yes, I know sun shines in US too). So I assumed in in ay meeshaad tahay.

Meeshu uu ka dhacay ma Uncle Tom country baa?

Juxa   

she actually had the hido iyo dhaqan part as well, i thought it was beautiful!

Aaliyah lets see waxad noo keento, anigu koleyba i already got by dhacle and kheyd for your wedding and i invited myself

Lander, w/salaam, i hope you are well. I just love weddings where the couple are relaxed

Aaliyyah   

lol@ invited myself! waa caadi taasi wa dhaqanka somaliyeed :)...and insha'allah ill try to make mine a bit religious. There was time I dreamed of walking down the isle in a white dress with my farah lol..i wasnt trying act like the better person or anything with my previous comments. Ilaahay hana hadeeyo uun.

salaam

Jacpher;813581 wrote:
Soomaalidu dhaqan badalmi okaa durbaba.

While the're some aspects of Somali dhaqan oo durbadiba badalmay , I dont think aroos is one of them....When the Somali republic was viable, there were many people who did western weddings. (obviously not to the extent of it these days,but still).

Besides, Many a Somali listened to non somali western music and dressed up in non somali attire(mostly western as well).. I have always fought this argument that "Somalida markey dibida soo galeen, weey dhaqan badalatey". This is flawed. Anyway, if they did, Somalis are Human and humans do adopt just like other animals adopt to surroundings. & change is good i think, good change that is :)

Beautiful wedding video, loved the song. It's one of the best i''ve seen so far. But why did she changed from dress so many times. Aww that was so romantic he sang for her.