Sign in to follow this  
Che -Guevara

Abusing Children

Mario B   

We should follow the Prophet's [PBUH] example...He never hit a child, or a servant or woman in his life. Modern salafist should take a heed to.

ElPunto   

Cunugo waa bir. Not sure what the hitting is for and it certainly is having little effect. The whole thing seems sorta of fake.

Abuse is bad but hitting a child anywhere but the face is not harmful provided it's done rarely and for a specific reason.

Mario B   

ElPunto;811294 wrote:
Cunugo waa bir. Not sure what the hitting is for and it certainly is having little effect. The whole thing seems sorta of fake.

Abuse is bad but hitting a child anywhere but the face is not harmful provided it's done rarely and for a specific reason.

I believe a child under 7 shouldn't be hit, period. [ I believe this is Islam's position too]

Blessed   

^It's actually after the age of ten and specifically for leaving salaah, very gently (not leave a mark) and never in the face.

She is heartless and a coward. She is hitting a baby because that makes her feel strong and powerfil; most likely she is beaten by her husband or was beaten as a child.

Waa axmaqad... but i have seen much much worse than that, this is nothin in comparison. Lets not pretend Somali Parents dont excessively beat their children.

ElPunto   

Does anyone remember being hit below age 10? Have you guys seen Somali children and the crazy ADD behaviour they display? I don't like bullies and those who lash out at little kids but let's face it - dharbaxo has its uses.

ElPunto;811311 wrote:
Does anyone remember being hit below age 10?
Have you guys seen Somali children and the crazy ADD behaviour they display? I don't like bullies and those who lash out at little kids but let's face it - dharbaxo has its uses.

Yes.

A level of discipline is good for children. Old fashioned way has its advantages but there should be limits.

Blessed   

If it's ADD than your punishing them for something they have no control over. I wasn't hit. I was in fact the princess of the house. :cool: My Aabo talked laakin, a lot. Then hooyo started the grounding business, blimey, sometimes a dhirbaaxo would've sufficed, man.

*Blessed;811321 wrote:
If it's ADD than your punishing them for something they have no control over. I wasn't hit. I was in fact the princess of the house. :cool: My Aabo talked laakin, a lot. Then hooyo started the grounding business, blimey, sometimes a dhirbaaxo would've sufficed, man.

Lol @ grounding and talking. And did it all work, was it effective ? :D

OdaySomali;811323 wrote:
Lol @ grounding and talking. And did it all work, was it effective ?
:D

hitting children only works for so long. what happens when they become adults:confused: clearly hitting an adult is way more difficult than hitting a child. i believe there's a better way to disciple children and it starts before they are conceived. be a better father, marry a decent woman, start having a relationship with the children the moment you bring them home, and finally, be active in your children lives. that's the best way to ensure your kids turnout decent just like you.