Sign in to follow this  
Chimera

How to grow a beard in 30 days!

Aaliyyah   

shaving your beard off for an interview is like a girl taking off her hijaab just cuz she isnt confident enough that her skills will get her the job. Guys keep your beard just be neat..thats dress nicely and keep your beard you can still look hot lol and it is sunnah ilaahay will be on your side.

salaam

Aaliyyah   

Chimera;811239 wrote:
Juxa, mahadsanid!

lmao, walahi me too, its like my life is about to end, I didn't even acknowledge my birthday, I still pretend I'm 24 lol. We are still young by any standards though, only now I can never enjoy the bumper cars at the fun-fair unless I take a niece or nephew by my side lol:

4948028807_caf3fb69cb_z.jpg

lool@ i didnt even acknowledge my bday..true we are still young sort of. Not exactly though. Anyways, bumper cars? miya tidhi? did you just outgrew that lol must be fun to be a guy cuz guys have the tendency to enjoy silly things..my older brother was playing with my sister the other night with those bumper cars and they seemed to be having a wonderful time..I just cant fathom how. go figure..I rather watch her play with it and take few pics here and there while i make my own calls or do something else lol..

salaam

Juxa   

Aaliyah i am sorry but i dont agree. it is not matter of confidence, you can wear your hijab, neatly, look presentable and coupled with your skills hopefully you will get the job. likewise men can have gar or shaarbo but it has to be trimmed, clean and neat.

I sit on many interviews and can tell you from experience that first impression counts, employers do not know your skills at the first interview, they look at you, if you look unkept oo kala daadsan i promise you shaqadaas inaadan haleyn.

Carafaat   

Chimera;811087 wrote:
They say men who can't grow a beard are genetically inferior, which is strange because I'm good at sports and well build.(I'm advertising myself today it seems, e-harmony.com! lol) Having a beard can be a good thing, it's gives you a rough look and that's the point I want to look more masculine because
some people still think I'm 19, when I'm 25
. I resemble my mother more than my father.

waryaa, maxaa isku xayeesiinisaa.

Aaliyyah   

Juxa what you mean you dont agree? that is exactly what I said. I dont believe guys should shave the whole thing..they should just be neat..im not saying grow your beard like crazy or anything. garkoo dhan ha iska xiirina uun baan kulahaa..we are on the same page lol.

Chimera   

Carafaat;811509 wrote:
waryaa, maxaa isku xayeesiinisaa.

Maxaa adiga ka galay, madax cheeseyahow!? kkkk

LOL at Alpha, you almost sounded intellectual when you said that.

Chimera   

Aaliyyah;811300 wrote:
lool@ i didnt even acknowledge my bday..true we are still young sort of. Not exactly though. Anyways, bumper cars? miya tidhi? did you just outgrew that lol must be fun to be a guy cuz guys have the tendency to enjoy silly things..my older brother was playing with my sister the other night with those bumper cars and they seemed to be having a wonderful time..I just cant fathom how. go figure..I rather watch her play with it and take few pics here and there while i make my own calls or do something else lol..

salaam

Everything now is different, once you hit the 25 years old landmark, you have to do away with childish things and act like a grown man/woman. That's why I will pretend I'm 24 for the next 10 years, and beardless I think I can actually get away with it LOL.

Insha-allah!

Aaliyyah;811285 wrote:
shaving your beard off for an interview is like a girl taking off her hijaab just cuz she isnt confident enough that her skills will get her the job. Guys keep your beard just be neat..thats dress nicely and keep your beard you can still look hot lol and it is sunnah ilaahay will be on your side.

Unfortunately we don't live a meritocratic world where you're solely judged on your abilities. I've known very qualified people who are constantly looked over because they failed on first impressions. The idea is not give them any reason for you not to get a job. it's better to err on the side of caution and shave it all off. Its a bit silly at the end of the day for you to not get a job on the back of someones conscious or subconscious preference for facial hair.

Chimera;811610 wrote:
Everything now is different, once you hit the 25 years old landmark, you have to do away with childish things and act like a grown man/woman. That's why I will pretend I'm 24 for the next 10 years, and beardless I think I can actually get away with it LOL.

Insha-allah!

Are you 25 then, yet, adams?

Aaliyyah   

Arch you are entitled for what you do at the end of the day..but it is silly that you want to work for someone who will judge you for something as petty as facial hair. You should be confident enough that you will find an employer who will be convinced with your quality rather than your appearance (and when I say your appearance I dont mean be slobby or whatever dress up but dont compensate your beliefs)..but each on his own.

Adam, lol you wanna be 24 forever ehh..well I will be 25 from now on. Thats just the age most girls dont pass lol every year im 25 baad maqli (im joining that crew after my bday hehe )

salaam

aaliyah,

does it worry you that you're 25+ and unmarried? god, i wouldn't like to be in your shoes, you know - with time ticking along quickly lol.

come to las anod or hargeisa where you can be a second wife. you know options are always open or it either singlemuslims.com or eharmony lol.

Archdemos;811663 wrote:
Unfortunately we don't live a meritocratic world where you're solely judged on your abilities. I've known very qualified people who are constantly looked over because they failed on first impressions. The idea is not give them any reason for you not to get a job. it's better to err on the side of caution and shave it all off. Its a bit silly at the end of the day for you to not get a job on the back of someones conscious or subconscious preference for facial hair.

i agree.

its a non-starter to wear a beard to an interview or to carry a muslim sounding name there too, indeed.

Chimera   

Aaliyyah;811683 wrote:

Adam, lol you wanna be 24 forever ehh..well I will be 25 from now on. Thats just the age most girls dont pass lol every year im 25 baad maqli (im joining that crew after my bday hehe )

salaam

Join the club, and don't mind our resident Kanye West, he's a 65 year old virgin, no prospects at all lol.