Sign in to follow this  
Recovering-Romantics

Abu Mansur Confirms he's in talks with the TFG

About a month ago, I reveled that Abu Mansur & Hassan Dahir Aweys are in negotiations with President Sh Sharif Sh Ahmed led TFG Government.*In what is the first public admittance & a landmark candid interview Abu Mansur a senior ranking Al Shabab official has confirmed in an interview with SomaliaReport that he's in fact in negotiations with members of the government & has presented a reasonable & modest pre-conditions and openly criticized Al Shabab's union with Al Qaida. He also confirms his conflict with Ina Godane- The Shabab leader

Would you ever be willing to negotiate with the TFG?*

Yes, this is my expectation. The possibility of negotiating with the TFG is promising, but there are some pre-conditions that would make it possible for me to come to the negotiation table and solve our differences.

What are these conditions?*

There are various conditions, but the main ones are:*

1. Foreign troops must withdraw from Somalia

2. The TFG must allow the building of a coalition government in which each and every Somali participates to elect their choice of leader

3. The constitution of Somalia must be based on Islamic Sharia law

Are there any TFG officials you contact regularly?*

Yes, because although people can have different beliefs and roles in different organizations, at the same time we are brothers and sisters who come from one big Somali family. So I communicate them and also we also meet if and when possible.

*Please give us the names of those people?*

Absolutely not, I won't reveal the names of the specific people.

What is the current status of your relationship with (al-Shabaab transnationalist leader) Ahmed Godane? Is it true that you argued with him in Kismayo recently about al-Shabaab joining al-Qaeda last month?

Yes, it is true that we disagree reasonably and it is normal that leaders argue in one way or another. Personally, I did not support the idea of joining al-Qaeda, and everything has a natural process. We have to solve what is going on in Somalia first, before we proceed as an international organization.

http://somaliareport.com/index.php/post/3149/Chatting_With_Robow

According to the information I have, a formal talks will begin in Doha in the month of April, 2012. For the sake of the suffering Somali people, let's hope Al Shabab compromises & renounces violence*

Are you guys doubting the authenticity of the interview or the fact that there's an informal negotiations between Abu Mansur/ Hassan Aweys & TFG? If its the former, then that's open to debate but there's no doubt there's an informal discussions between Abu Mansur/Aweys & the TFG. The TFG Parliament Speaker Sharif Hassan has reportedly spoken with Abu Mansur who he shares familial relations with when the speaker went to Baidoba recently. This plus the recent meetings in Villa Somalia between president Sh Sharif & representatives on behalf of Abu Mansur & Aweys makes the SomaliaReport quite plausible & credible. Give it sometime, more news will follow in the weeks to come, inshallah

peasant   

If this is true, I can only say that these two are nothing but an opportunistic criminals who found them selves in a dire situation and the only thing fit for them is that they face some harsh justice. They have been asked many times to reconsider their positions and give peace a chance so that innocent lives can be saved but they have refused each time and caused more bloodshed. The only reason they want to talk today is because they dont have the force and the might they have once enjoyed and they know eventually the bullet is going to pierce their flesh when their brain washed child soldiers are finished.

Abu Mansur was always a realist. This is the same man that threw a grand reception & a feast for Xaabsade when Al Shabab captured Baidoba. His struggles are motivated single-handedly by a desire to correct historical injustices against his clan group. The departure of Al Shabab from Mogadishu coincided with Ina Godane & Afghani's mistreatment & oppression of wounded fighters from Abu Mansur's clan which led to the current decay & on-goining collapse of Al Shabab. We need to understand the bigger picture to get the true internal dynamics regarding Al Shabab. Abu Mansur Al Amriki's frantic video message was not born out of a vacuum. Real events led to it.

Sensei   

OdaySomali;810124 wrote:
If true this could potentially spare a lot of Somali lives.

Very true, and that alone is a good reason to welcome these folks.

Sensei   

burahadeer;810134 wrote:
does that mean they be part of gov't,you think?

I doubt, they are probably looking for some sort of immunity.