Sign in to follow this  
NASSIR

Somali people

Wadani   

Very informative. But hey guys, do u think its a pure coincidence that 10 or 11 out of the 12 people featured on the top left hand corner happen to be from the same clan? I in no way say this stir up any trouble, but i found that to be a curious and indeed potentially troubling fact.

Chimera   

Wadani;805769 wrote:
Very informative. But hey guys, do u think its a pure coincidence that 10 or 11 out of the 12 people featured on the top left hand corner happen to be from the same clan? I in no way say this stir up any trouble, but i found that to be a curious and indeed potentially troubling fact.

Don't be silly, they were chosen for their significance to ''all Somalis'' not suffering from qabiilism and the fact that pictures of other Somali figures are majoritely copyrighted. Clan is the last thing that came to their minds when creating a collage years ago when the Somali wikipedia articles were trolled by racists and pan-Ethiopianists.

I know its hard to believe but there are Somali men and women out there that managed to evolve above the clan-system, and transcend that archaic nonsense.

Wadani;805769 wrote:

Clan centrism my friend

Mario B   

Cambuulo iyo bun;805776 wrote:
Clan centrism my friend

I think we should promote Somalicentrism just for our own sake.

Mario B   

Cambuulo iyo bun;805817 wrote:
we should promote somalicentrism my friend that is correct, but i was just tellin the truth look at the somali history and u will understand what i mean

Somali history is the past, we need look and move forward, we can't live in the past. We can create institutions to replace the need of clan politics.

Mario B   

Cambuulo iyo bun;805826 wrote:
well it is the past but the same stuff is still going on and we have to fight against it.

That's why we need to start educating Somalis on what era we are living in, this ain't 1800's.

Chimera;805775 wrote:
Don't be silly, they were chosen for their significance to ''all Somalis'' not suffering from qabiilism and the fact that pictures of other Somali figures are majoritely copyrighted. Clan is the last thing that came to their minds when creating a collage years ago when the Somali wikipedia articles were trolled by racists and pan-Ethiopianists.

I know its hard to believe but there are Somali men and women out there that managed to evolve above the clan-system, and transcend that archaic nonsense.

good point, agree.