Sign in to follow this  
kingofkings

Free King Of Somaliland Now!

On 15th of March 2012, King of Somaliland Boqor Buurmadow was arrested for speaking out against the government, this is a blatant violation of human rights. I urge Siilaanyo, leader of Somaliland people to release the King promptly.

Somalia   

^^ Agreed!

Buurmadow 2012

This is a clear message to Siilaanyo, free him now! We won't rest till he is freed!

LANDER   

King of who? who's this guy? I thought wanna be kings of dusty villages were only in Puntland, did we import their odd ways? Someone fill me in LoL

HARGEYSA, Somalia Mar 15 2012 (Garowe Online) – Somaliland authorities, arrested clan elder Bogor Osman Aw Mohamed Buur Madow after he landed in Hargeysa airport, Radio Garowe reports.

Somaliland police detained Bogor Buur Madow after the clan elder landed at Hargeisa airport from a trip to the United Arab Emirates.

Local sources say that clan elder Buur Madow was taken to the Somaliland intelligence headquarters in Hargeisa but contradicting reports say that he was taken to Mandherra prison.

Somaliland officials have not commented publicly on the arbitrary arrest of the clan elder, but Bogor Buur Madow is renowned for his outspoken political views.

Local journalists say the clan elder was very vocal in opposing Somaliland leader Ahmed Silanyo's participation at the London Conference on Somalia, which was held on 23 Feb 2012 and attended by Somali officials and world leaders.

Furthermore, Bogor Buur Madow was involved in political comments through the independent media and was quoted as saying it was a "political mistake" for Somaliland to engage in dialogue with the Transitional Federal Government (TFG) of Somalia in Mogadishu.

Somaliland, located in northwestern Somalia, unilaterally declared independence from the rest of the country in 1991 but has not gained international recognition. In recent months, Somaliland has engaged in Somalia affairs after nearly 20 years of isolation.

Somalia   

Carafaat;805860 wrote:
We should all sign a petition and hand it to Sillanyo's legal advisor Norf.

I agree, we would get hundreds by the end of the day, maybe thousands within a couple of days! It's possible!